Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Weapon Improvements.

ChaotikDreamz

I see alot of topics talking about single handed weapons need a buff and so on. Here is a few suggestions IMO that would make melee weapons more viable. reason fro these suggestion pretty much every AI really has a mobbing mentality. The grineer sorta use cover but not always. Corpus MOA's mob and sometimes corpus crewmen even run in for the charge. Infested well face it their just mobbers lol.

So here's my suggestions:

1: Single handed swords - These should hit at least 2 mobs making them a little more playable when being swarmed. Damage and everything else is really fine but def need to hit more then 1 target their really the most pointless weapons in game.

2: Dual Swords - These are IMO kinda balanced they offer charge DMG set-ups - just spamming for kills.

3: Heavy weapons - The shake needs to go or at least be tamed down alot and just shake the users screen not punish any teammate on the map.

4: Gauntlets - Honestly i don't have feed back they don't interest me at all. Maybe another player can chime in on those. Sorry!

5: Dual Daggers/Axes - I feel these fit in with the Dual swords i haven't used the fangs but i do have zorens and really one of my favorite melee weapons.

6: Single daggers - This IMO is the worst possible melee weapon in game and has absolutly no point in even bothering to get. So these need a serious buff. But here's the fun part. These should be single target only low dmg High RoF. But the trade off should be they can 1 hit stealth kill anything besides bosses of course. Doing this would make single dagger really viable to the stealth players looking for complete stealth kills. And need a really bad &#! stealth kill animation :P

So feel free to add on folks!

Read through on all of them, would have otherwise passed on commenting as I don't have much to add myself, but single daggers should NOT be 1 hit stealth kill on anything. They should indeed have a stealth multiplier or something, but guaranteed definitely not.

Read through on all of them, would have otherwise passed on commenting as I don't have much to add myself, but single daggers should NOT be 1 hit stealth kill on anything. They should indeed have a stealth multiplier or something, but guaranteed definitely not.

The lone heat dagger should 1 hit stealth kill everything it would promote pure stealth play it's not like its easy to walk into a mob of grineer and take them out 1 at a time without getting caught. let alone every weapon in the game pretty much 1 hit stealth kills everything specially the scindo/fragor. the dagger should be the most OP 1 hit stealth kill weapon as it would be its only purpose.

The lone heat dagger should 1 hit stealth kill everything it would promote pure stealth play it's not like its easy to walk into a mob of grineer and take them out 1 at a time without getting caught. let alone every weapon in the game pretty much 1 hit stealth kills everything specially the scindo/fragor. the dagger should be the most OP 1 hit stealth kill weapon as it would be its only purpose.

Nothing in this game right now is a guaranteed stealth kill for balancing reasons, let's keep it that way.

I LOVE GAUNTLETS AND THIS GAME MAKES ME UPSET. the furax are alot like the fallout 2 powerfists and thats great. But If I want to auto-attack like a madman into a crowd and just mow over everyone the one weapon made for that is too weak. I'd appreciate more base attack power on the gauntlets.