Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thinking About Boss Scaling: Content Scaling

DSMK2

But first: Invulnerability phases have to go; at least let us scratch bosses to death! Let us overpower their protective devices and auras, if we're powerful enough to do so!

Shield Lancers? Shoot that shield so much that it is mere scrap metal, inside them. Vor's Shield Bubble? Bash it apart with a bunch of void infused melee attacks. Nullifier bubble? Overload the nullification device with great amounts of abilities cast into it, causing it to overload and explode, killing everyone around it!

---

If there's to be less fully-ranked-weapons pulping a boss on sight... Instead of invulnerability phases to temporarily stop that, let us 'kill' the boss as quick as our weapons are powerful. But, in return, upscale the battle as a "reward"; Give the boss tools and situations to better challenge us when we do so.

Scenarios:

(Vor takes ___ time to get killed)

Captain Vor dies.

(Vor gets killed under ____ minutes)

Captain Vor gets defeated very quickly. After some phrases and mutterings, he escapes into a room and activates an elaborate defense system, dropping all players into an arena death trap. Destroy stuff to unlock chances to shoot him in the face, or destroy everything to force him to fight on foot once more.

https://youtu.be/3q_29eW4Njc?t=3m12s

This comes to mind

(If all players have archwing unlocked)

Captain Vor gets defeated very quickly. After some phrases and mutterings, he escapes to a waiting shuttle-craft and makes his getaway. The Tenno Cell must call forth their Archwings and give chase. Bring Vor's shuttle to a halt and defeat him!

Thus killing bosses fast unlocks a kind of 'hard' mode which should be significantly different from the 'norm'. If DE wants to keep bosses relevant to well equipped players, they might as well build additional content to cater to them, instead of trying to hard-limit their killing power :V

This could also create a better loot tree...

Edited by DSMK2

I love the idea. but I have to tell you that the boss fights improved a lot since I've left WF 3 years ago. They are still far from WoW or Dark Souls boss fights, but they're mostly enjoyable. Your ideas are of course better, yet harder to implement for sure than current ones.

I love the idea. but I have to tell you that the boss fights improved a lot since I've left WF 3 years ago. They are still far from WoW or Dark Souls boss fights, but they're mostly enjoyable. Your ideas are of course better, yet harder to implement for sure than current ones.

Of course, since numerical scaling appears (to us as easy!) to be easy way of fitting enemy content to powerful players. While it's more involved to create detailed content-based scaling, I can imagine the (concept to model than to low poly model so-our-machines-don't-explode) art, voice acting, map design, and coding that has to go into it to make it work. This sort of thing is a long term goal, but I myself would selfishly like to see it soon.