Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Small Article I Wrote On Warframe

(PSN)MoRockaPDX

I wrote this article that posted April 27th on the $#*(@ Team Alpha Podcast website. It serves as an introduction to what Warframe is and the some speculation on the posthuman/transhuman possibilities that all the mono-Tenno postulation eludes too. http://www.*@##$teamalpha.com/warframe-the-great-tenno-speculation/'>http://www.*@##$teamalpha.com/warframe-the-great-tenno-speculation/

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

When it comes to body diversity, the reason is entirely technical, all warframes are animated on the same skeleton.

Having each warframe with their own skeleton would significantly increase workload and create problems when switching animations on waframes.

Edited by Playford

When it comes to body diversity, the reason is entirely technical, all warframes are animated on the same skeleton.

Having each warframe with their own skeleton would significantly increase workload and create problems when switching animations on waframes.

The skeleton resizes, though, and the ultimate body type is determined by the model. So it's not like it would be impossible to have someone more Camryn Manheim and less Carmen Electra.

EDIT: Or even Peter Dinklage, really.

Edited by Llyssa

There's a new update every week. Sometimes several times per week.

Yes, though sometimes there is little but fixes. So, I averages it out a little. Either way, the update cycle is pretty breakneck speed.

The skeleton resizes, though, and the ultimate body type is determined by the model. So it's not like it would be impossible to have someone more Camryn Manheim and less Carmen Electra.

EDIT: Or even Peter Dinklage, really.

Yeah, the game design conceit is getting a little weak, though I am hesitant to trivialize the work that goes into making a game. It is a choice to make the effort to be more inclusive. Something I think more game companies should do and be encouraged to do.

But, really I am focused on the ambiguity in the lore and the way the Tenno are presented in-game, in-univierse.