Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

16.4.4 Removed Volt's Electric Shield's Normal Multipliers Along With The Bugged Ones

lukaself

Looks like that when you fixed the bug that gave electric shield insane multipliers, as per :

"Fixed Volt’s Electric Shield giving improper damage multipliers as per: https://forums.warfr...-absurd-damage/"

You also took away the previous perfectly reasonable 60% added electric damage and 200% crit damage multiplier that it had previously when shooting through. These bonus were present since I started playing warframe - please give them back.

I noticed it because my weapons did not proc electric status after the update and that my 100% critical chance weapons were not getting any dmg bonus when going through the electric shield.

as usual : @DE Please Fix ! ^^

These bonus are a staple of the Volt strategy and Volt Prime being my main frame, you can count on me to notice weird behaviours.

Edit : looks like the damage bonus loss was not persistent I'll add screenshots as soon as it happens again (if it does). hopefully it was only a one time issue - Although some people were reporting similar issues in the 16.4.4 thread.

Edited by lukaself

And now I have no more problems Oo

I don't know what triggered it, but I definitely experienced the loss of the damage bonus on multiple playthroughs this morning. I only went and testing specifically because people were reporting the loss of the bonus on the 16.4.4 update thread. So I thought I could verify it - Which I did, with continuous fire weapons as well as bolt weapons, I even went as far as testing with an Amprex, which are notoriously a pain to troubleshoot because of the arcs. Grenade Launchers explosions to my knowledge never benefited from the bonus so I did not test them. (they did though : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/446728-tonkor-does-not-seem-to-be-affected-by-electric-shield/#entry5007418) I also tested all of them with punchthrough and multishot mods on and off.

Here I am, ready to take screenshots...  and no issue whatsoever. (Well, electric shield has a number of issues, but they already have their own thread)

I'll stop looking into it for now but if people experience this issue, please let me now.

EDIT : All of yesterday :

"Also, the fact that when they fixed this bug, they also caused a bug where the shield gives no damage bonus and another where if you die with a shield up you can't shoot through it anymore, but thats all fine and dandy right?"Flowen231

"Now shield gives NO damage boost.

That is actually worse than before :l."fatpig84

"Also, Volt Shield is not working at all anymore. I'm not getting extra range or damage from my Amprex. Hope they resolve this soon, I was loving Volt so much I'm in the process of building Volt Prime."SloBurn

"the shield become just a discount frost globe. it supposedly has crit chance modifier and some damage."jordzkie05

Edited by lukaself

I made a run with my Amprex + Electric Shield yesterday: something was not right, AT ALL ..

Now, I do agree the shield stacking made it OP and, yes, fixing it seemed morally appropriate , but I got no Bonus whatsoever, not even the hit-scan (killing off Amprex by the way) ...

Is it fixed as of now ?