Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Martial Magnetism: Keep The Tractor Beam, Lose The Autoaim

Drinniol

People can move very fast in warframe.  Thus, without Martial Magnetism, it's pretty easy for people to get away from you if you melee.  I see the intention of the mod: if someone manages to close with you, you should be in trouble.

Fine and dandy.  But why for the love of god WHY does it also autoaim?  If it still tractor beamed but you had to AIM the damn thing that would be a horse of a different color altogether.  As it is, the mod is practically cruise control for kills. 

Anyway, I think the mod should lose the autoaim aspect, but stay in since some form of melee stickiness is needed. 

People can move very fast in warframe.  Thus, without Martial Magnetism, it's pretty easy for people to get away from you if you melee.  I see the intention of the mod: if someone manages to close with you, you should be in trouble.

Fine and dandy.  But why for the love of god WHY does it also autoaim?  If it still tractor beamed but you had to AIM the damn thing that would be a horse of a different color altogether.  As it is, the mod is practically cruise control for kills. 

Anyway, I think the mod should lose the autoaim aspect, but stay in since some form of melee stickiness is needed. 

So merely jumping over someone would be the best way to drag them backwards into a pit/your friends?

So merely jumping over someone would be the best way to drag them backwards into a pit/your friends?

What?

Martial Magnetism draws the melee attacker not the attackee (and yes, you can right now drag a martial mag user to their death going over pits).

What?

Martial Magnetism draws the melee attacker not the attackee (and yes, you can right now drag a martial mag user to their death going over pits).

I know what it does, but if you could move players backwards, they wouldn't be able to see what they're doing, where they're going, or if they need to jump.

I know what it does, but if you could move players backwards, they wouldn't be able to see what they're doing, where they're going, or if they need to jump.

Yes and?  That has nothing to do with what I'm suggesting, which is to remove the autoaim from MM. 

Yes and?  That has nothing to do with what I'm suggesting, which is to remove the autoaim from MM. 

I gotta agree with Drinniol. If a player wants a crutch for their melee, they should have to fly with those risks. It really isnt hard to kill someone with melee. I do plenty well with the dual raza and dex dakra.

Auto aim is the card... That what it is. It's Magnetism.

While we're at it, can I put in a request to remove the -accuracy to Heavy Caliber? I know it's "heavy", which by that very word would make it harder to aim, but, meh. Thanks DE

Auto aim is the card... That what it is. It's Magnetism.

While we're at it, can I put in a request to remove the -accuracy to Heavy Caliber? I know it's "heavy", which by that very word would make it harder to aim, but, meh. Thanks DE

I really hope you're joking.

v.v future man future , you can't ask smart pistol MK5 don't auto aim V,V 

well, Actually i love those auto aim weapons, so we can put our mind more though the tactic level, not the barbarian aiming skills.

Yes but you see, MM doesn't need a second or two to lock on like the smart pistol does, it just goes.

Yes but you see, MM doesn't need a second or two to lock on like the smart pistol does, it just goes.

but you control the range V.V

actually in WF keeping safe range to your enemy is very basic tactic consist, if you let your enemy get that close, a utla can kill you faster than any melee.

I see people who cant evade a Gram user.
Gram+ damage - Mobility.

Damage= Gram, and Kogake

Nerf Gram and kogake= No damage on melee weapons, and no different gameplay Styles <- = Gun gameplay forced.
Mobility= Fang Prime, Skana (yes u can), Dex Dakra, Bo series, Kogake, Furax (yes u can too).
Gram its no the problem, u cant move fast and evade.

EDIT: to OP
Hm without MM u can put an option in game to auto aim with melee.

Edited by Grimlock-

v.v future man future , you can't ask smart pistol MK5 don't auto aim V,V 

well, Actually i love those auto aim weapons, so we can put our mind more though the tactic level, not the barbarian aiming skills.

That's the worst excuse for reducing the skill ceiling in competitive play I've ever read online. That's probably even worse than "but it's just so noobs can have a chance". Having good aiming skills does not reduce your brain power to derive tactics. Otherwise nobody in counter strike or call of duty would be good, and they would be a bunch of retards with no game sense.

Auto aim does not belong in any pvp or competitive mode. Auto aim is considered cheating. Yet, here it passes as a "mod", give me a break.

Edited by nms64

FTFY. <.<

Nice try, keep on autoaiming. Maybe we can have legal aimbots or triggerbots in warframe for rifles and abilities. Since nobody is capable of precision and tactics apparently.

Edited by nms64

Nice try, keep on autoaiming. Maybe we can have legal aimbots or triggerbots in warframe for rifles and abilities. Since nobody is capable of precision and tactics apparently.

Just waiting for Mesa to be balanced for PvP, heh.

I'm hoping Mesa's 4th is limited to a 15 meter range, and only lasts 5 seconds (50 cost to activate, 10 energy/sec).

That's the worst excuse for reducing the skill ceiling in competitive play I've ever read online. That's probably even worse than "but it's just so noobs can have a chance". Having good aiming skills does not reduce your brain power to derive tactics. Otherwise nobody in counter strike or call of duty would be good, and they would be a bunch of retards with no game sense.

Auto aim does not belong in any pvp or competitive mode. Auto aim is considered cheating. Yet, here it passes as a "mod", give me a break.

So, Do you try the Naval exercises on papers in last century way? All cannon round need to calculate the landing time and place to hit a target.

And the RTS/STR after it? all auto aim.  those stone age thinking man first say its no gd for competitive, but now? all those stone age idea gone, every RTS/STR do auto aim but with a probability of hit.

When you go tactic level, thats how it works, your skill should only affect the units movement direction and timing for fire, not the speed and accurate. 

And its the future, history repeat itself, you can't stop it.