The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe Crash / Black Screen

Veridiux

Alright, so I have this odd problem. Warframe will be running fine and then out of nowhere it freezes and both of my screens go black. This happens at completely random times. Sometimes I can wait a minute and my monitors come back on, sometimes they never do and I have to force a restart. I can play any other game with no issue what so ever.

MSI x99 Gaming 7

i7 5820k

16GB Gskill 2400Mhz DDR4

Evga GTX 970

I am having this exact same problem, just started last night. I also seem to be able to play other games no problem, so I assume this is something to do with the last update.

MSI 970 Gaming

AMD FX-4179 4.2Ghz

16GB Kingston 2144 DDR3

Sapphire HD6850 2GB

It sounds like your display drivers might be crashing. Have you tried updating to the latest Nvidia drivers? If you are already running on the latest drivers then can you try rolling back 1-2 versions to see if that solves the problem? 

Alternatively, I would suggest trying to run the game with DX11 disabled. Ideally this is not the permanent solution however I would be very interested to know whether or not it stops your crashes.

My game lag spikes and hangs up after long missions.  Literally just did a 40 minute T3Surv (wasn't host) and everyone was experiencing lag spikes as SOON as we got near extraction. My team members disconnected while in-game and the screen just faded to black.  I managed to copter just in time to extraction to see I was able to complete mission before host-migration or whatever.

Warframe lag spiking and freezing after extended periods of play has been going on since U16 was introduced.  I haven't changed anything about my computer except updating drivers etc.   

This just happened too btw, I'm waiting for the game to finish loading.  Aaaand it just caught back up, now I'm extracting.  And I managed to get my rewards and everything thank God.

Also for some odd reason when the game does freeze for long periods of times, I'm barely using any CPU/Memory/HD usage.  Nothing goes above 50%

It's like the game goes nuts when it's processing lots of data.  And my fps doesn't drop as if it's a graphical issue.  It'll just go from 60fps to 1 fps with like 0.0.0.0.0.1 ms.

AMD Processor + Nvidia GTX 600 series card.