Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Else Despises The Lotus.

So u never quistion why you  are killing all those workers or soldiers or mindles beast. Cause lotus told us to do so. What do we gain from kiling them.

Its like the speaker from destiny theres something fishy going on here man

The Corpus, if not controlled, would gain a quick monopoly on the market, letting them set prices as they see fit and take control of the system via manipulation.

The Grineer are much worse, as they'd subjugate, enslave, torment, and otherwise control the system through fear if, similarly, left unchecked.

They do fight with eachother, yes, and perhaps they'd eventually defeat the other side, but we're here to make sure that that never happens, because neither side can be allowed to win.

Lotus could also be a queen. She certainly has that demeanor about her. The way she talks etc. Perhaps she got tired of all the infighting, politics and went underground, changed her identity and became the lotus.

Many think she was that soldier who got scared by ember....only issue with that is her face is not scared.

Edited by (PS4)kombatchamp

Not me, personally i love the lotus. Her sexy voice narrating the story and giving battle updates <3

"Who else..."

No one, OP. You're a traitor. You will be dealt with.

I smell some one from red viel.

Edited by Azur_Fenix

Dude. Get over it. Lotus is good. I hate people like you with your "cant trust the man" mentality. The lotus is so obviously benevolent. You can go ahead and be one of vay heks lackeys... and get executed and stripped down for parts the first time you fail. Or you can keep following the lotus' plan for the system.

Sounds like you never played any of the "shock" games. System shock, Bioshock and its sequels / prequels show that just because somebody is "looking out for your best interests" does not mean they are really on your side. While DE will say that Lotus and Tenno are the "good guys", most of us don't drink the kool-aid and know that the ideas of good and bad are subjective. From the Grineer Standpoint, they are the good guys. Corpus, Infested, syndicates, Stalker, etc.... all of them think they are the good guys and everyone else is the bad guys.

As for you hating people who can't trust the man, it is better to have a healthy dose of skepticism when dealing with anyone in power. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.  Heck, not even "the man" trusts itself.

Sounds like you never played any of the "shock" games. System shock, Bioshock and its sequels / prequels show that just because somebody is "looking out for your best interests" does not mean they are really on your side. While DE will say that Lotus and Tenno are the "good guys", most of us don't drink the kool-aid and know that the ideas of good and bad are subjective. From the Grineer Standpoint, they are the good guys. Corpus, Infested, syndicates, Stalker, etc.... all of them think they are the good guys and everyone else is the bad guys.

As for you hating people who can't trust the man, it is better to have a healthy dose of skepticism when dealing with anyone in power. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.  Heck, not even "the man" trusts itself.

DE has confirmed that the Lotus is not evil and will not betray us. Whether what we do is right or wrong is subjective. Personally I feel like we are more in the right than in the wrong.

Also no offense to Rebecca but I want the Chinese Lotus' voice files. Her voice is so gud.

Taken from Hidden Messages (Mirage) Questline:

"I tell her I won't lose her. That I have another ship on its way. She is smiling because she knows I am lying... Tenno... the second blueprint has been recovered."

So apparently the Lotus can lie to us (Tenno).

My opinion:

The Lotus (woman) cares for Tenno because she's human and have feelings/compassion.

The Lotus (organization) sees the Tenno just as tools to do their dirty jobs.

The organization is nothing more than a group of mercenaries fighting for whoever pays the most. Maybe the organization was funded with the purpose of maintining the "balance of the universe", but we lost that honor long ago after we chose helping enemies (Nef Anyo/Alad V, Grineer/Corpus) that pays the most.

lotus is space mom, and we always need our space mom. But at some point it would be nice if she'd let us do something, without telling us exactly how to do it........... Leave alone mom I'm a big tenno now!

lotus is space mom, and we always need our space mom. 

well I don't know if I fully need her.

sure I could walk into a corpus/grineer shoot out and be blown to bits for going out on my own, but that would be my problem.

and I want to do that... a lot.

well I don't know if I fully need her.

sure I could walk into a corpus/grineer shoot out and be blown to bits for going out on my own, but that would be my problem.

and I want to do that... a lot.

I mean 'need' like, in a general sense you need moms, like, when you're sick, s'not ordis that's going to get you chicken noodle.

The Lotus is a crazy computer that may have had good intentions in the beginning, but now she is like the leader of some religious cult, talking about justice and saving lives, while all she wants us to do is go on a killing spree.

One of her latest lines kind of piss me off, "Helping Alad V after all he's done to hurt the Tenno is a difficult choise, but if we can destroy these labs then the compromise is justified"... Justified? Really? There's no justifying helping a murderous maniac who is obviously guaranteed to keep doing bad things after we help him. She is clearly completely delusional and desperately finding any way to try and do what she was originally meant to do, except she has lost sight of what that even was.

I mean 'need' like, in a general sense you need moms, like, when you're sick, s'not ordis that's going to get you chicken noodle.

now I get what your talking about a lot more. true ordis is not going to get me that but I bet the noodle would be delivered by another teno.

the lotus seams far to busy dealing with however many teno operations there are to be delivering soup just to me.