The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Crash To Desktop On Any Mission Where Mutalist Moa Spawn.

Tumblebuggo

On any mission, endless or otherwise, and any tileset I suffer consistent crashes when in combat against Mutalist MOA of any varieties. My assumption is obviously that this is due to their unique particle effects, as my computer runs hotter when combating them and the crashes cause my game to freeze for a few moments, then unfreeze, and /then/ crash.

This is really agrivating, and I hope it gets fixed soon. I'm running with V-Sync on as well as PhysX effects.

On any mission, endless or otherwise, and any tileset I suffer consistent crashes when in combat against Mutalist MOA of any varieties. My assumption is obviously that this is due to their unique particle effects, as my computer runs hotter when combating them and the crashes cause my game to freeze for a few moments, then unfreeze, and /then/ crash.

This is really agrivating, and I hope it gets fixed soon. I'm running with V-Sync on as well as PhysX effects.

Are you seeing the Warframe crash reporter when this occurs, or does the game simply close? I'd like to see your EE.log and DXdiag either way, if you could please submit those via a support ticket.

What sort of hardware do you have?

Also, have you tried verifying & optimizing your game cache from your game's launcher?

GTX 550TI graphics card, Intel i5-2400 processor. Lots of games recently have given me trouble.

Are you seeing the Warframe crash reporter when this occurs, or does the game simply close? I'd like to see your EE.log and DXdiag either way, if you could please submit those via a support ticket.

Usually I do not see the crash reporter, however it will show up on occasion (and I report what I can when I can). I'm running on older NVidia drivers, as i've heard it's a possible fix for crashes. I'm not the most technologically literate person, however, so I will try to submit a ticket now.

Edit; Or tomorrow rather, seems I missed the window.

Edited by Shepettan_Pride

Looking at crashes, it seems like your most recent one submitted was related to PhysX; for that reason I wonder if the other games you're crashing with also utilize PhysX? You could try forcing PhysX to be handled by your CPU and see if that helps your issue. 

Looking at crashes, it seems like your most recent one submitted was related to PhysX; for that reason I wonder if the other games you're crashing with also utilize PhysX? You could try forcing PhysX to be handled by your CPU and see if that helps your issue. 

I believe they do, however i'll look into forcing my CPU.

I believe they do, however i'll look into forcing my CPU

My Nvidia was set on auto, so I tried forcing GPU. Crashed 2 minutes into an Orokin Derelict Survival. Then I forced CPU, and made it 20 minutes with no stuttering or crashing whatsoever!

My Nvidia was set on auto, so I tried forcing GPU. Crashed 2 minutes into an Orokin Derelict Survival. Then I forced CPU, and made it 20 minutes with no stuttering or crashing whatsoever!

I'm interested to know if this solution also helped you with your other games.

I'm interested to know if this solution also helped you with your other games.

It appears to have so far but I cannot say for certain. Was able to play a few hours of Cities:Skylines and Team Fortress 2 uninterrupted last night on borderless windowed settings.