Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Founding Master Tenno Returning And Reporting For Duty! (Requested Post)

DomoSapien

My problem with this thread is this,

Some people have this mindset that they are more important than others on this game,

Nobody is really better than anyone else.

Founders put money to get the game started (we even have people that think they are better founders, stand back bro we got a "master here!").

Paying players pay to keep it running now (cause all that founder money ran out long ago and if no other money came in the game would not still be running)

F2p players offer content (trade fodder / party members to play with) that makes other players buy platinum.

Everyone is important, so take off the master top hat and monocle and stand with everyone else.

For people that don't know, a "master" is just a founder that spent more money and got a large amount of plat for that spending.

A grand master spent more again and got more plat.

Edited by Spindle99

My problem with this thread is this,

Some people have this mindset that they are more important than others on this game,

Nobody is really better than anyone else.

Founders put money to get the game started (we even have people that think they are better founders, stand back bro we got a "master here!").

Paying players pay to keep it running now (cause all that founder money ran out long ago and if no other money came in the game would not still be running)

F2p players offer content (trade fodder / party members to play with) that makes other players buy platinum.

Everyone is important, so take off the master top hat and monocle and stand with everyone else.

For people that don't know, a "master" is just a founder that spent more money and got a large amount of plat for that spending.

A grand master spent more again and got more plat.

Please quote me where I stated or even hinted at the FACTUAL piece of evidence that I or any other Master/GM was better than someone else.

I made this post on the notion that I was told that people still like to see that Masters and GM's are still around. Not that they're important but that it's nice to see the original player base still playing the game. It shows that the game's content and quality was good enough to keep people around this long.

Modern F2P games are struggling to keep a player base generation for more than 36 months before another one starts.

EDIT: In MY opinion, a REAL problem that exists is when everyone assumes that others are taking a position of superiority. They always assume the worst instead of reading what was laid out in front of them. You're taking the worst possible aspect of social strata and blindly pasting it onto the smallest data point and manipulating it to take on a negative connotation.

EDIT 2: Grammar and stuff.

Edited by 8BitRager

You made this whole grandiose post about you being a master and how you have returned.

Are you more important that the guy that started last week, or are you more important that any other founder?  nope!

You came back?  cool, hope you have fun with the additions, should of posted this in the introductions section.

You didn't complete my task. Please quote me where I stated that I or any other Master/GM was better than anyone else. If you're dodging this task, you're dodging your original point.

This post's topic isn't about me being a Master Founder while I DID make that information known and I DID include my financially gained status (Master Founder). It wasn't the basis of my post. It was just an answer to a question I was asked. The basis of my post is that I took someone else's opinion (that Masters/GM's are rare and are sought after on the forums which I'm now discovering to be false which is fine), applied it to my post, and made the post. This post is centered around the opinions of others and the questions asked to me.

Is it grandiose of me to answer a question about myself when someone asked? Because that's basically what you're stating with your first line.

Edited by 8BitRager

I think this belongs in introductions than anything else. 

This is hardly a general discussion, regardless Nice to meet you 8BitRager!

I'm realizing that more and more the further the post progresses x3

I'll re-post it there instead.

Wow,you been out for a long time,but its nice to see someone from the days of the alpha come back to the game.

Have fun and don't listen this kids,their two young understand.

Yeah... it's certainly different than it used to be. Was a little overwhelmed when I got back to be honest.

People probably think of founders of any rank "rare" because most days founders will be using other frames and weapons and not Excal Prime, Excal Prime profile icon, Lato Prime and Skana Prime. So they won't have seen them for a long time which would make people think, we are "rare" and "disappearing".

People probably think of founders of any rank "rare" because most days founders will be using other frames and weapons and not Excal Prime, Excal Prime profile icon, Lato Prime and Skana Prime. So they won't have seen them for a long time which would make people think, we are "rare" and "disappearing".

This actually makes a lot of sense. Now that I think about it, almost every one of my customers asked if I had Excal Prime. They probably expected me to use it.

You didn't complete my task. Please quote me where I stated that I or any other Master/GM was better than anyone else. If you're dodging this task, you're dodging your original point.

This post's topic isn't about me being a Master Founder while I DID make that information known and I DID include my financially gained status (Master Founder). It wasn't the basis of my post. It was just an answer to a question I was asked. The basis of my post is that I took someone else's opinion (that Masters/GM's are rare and are sought after on the forums which I'm now discovering to be false which is fine), applied it to my post, and made the post. This post is centered around the opinions of others and the questions asked to me.

Is it grandiose of me to answer a question about myself when someone asked? Because that's basically what you're stating with your first line.

Yep, I think I went a bit too far with it and saw far more negative to the thread than there actually was.

My apologies.

Before this gets moved to Player Introduction subforums: 

Welcome back! Nice to see someone coming back to the game after a long break. I've only been around for at least a year, but I'll try to answer your questions and fill you in a bit on the status of the game/ the forums for now. 

1.) The Perfect World and Digital Extremes thing that came up happened because DE wanted to introduce Warframe into the Chinese market. In order to do that, they needed the backing of a China-owned company. People got spooked because they thought DE was selling out to Perfect World, since the documents that came out talked about Sumpo Food Holdings, Inc. getting a majority of the shares of Digital Extremes. 

Long story short, false alarm, DE wasn't selling out. Here's an article that may help you get a better picture: (http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Warframe-Dev-Acquired-By-Perfect-World-Sumpo-Food-Holdings-67890.html)

2.) The Dojos have changed a lot, and as far as I know the old Dojo layouts are no longer acquirable or buildable. You may want to ask other Masters or Grand Masters for the specific details, as I was either not in the game or not paying attention when the changes to the dojo happened. 

So, if you're coming back for a good while, allow me to leave you with a bit of a heads up on how the community is nowadays. 

1.) If you're looking for a fun Warframe experience, it is advisable to either find or found a clan with players who share your views and playstyle. While this may seem like common sense, it's a bit more important now more than ever because the community may not be as nice to play with or as willing to play the way you want to. 

2.) Just a word of caution, something that I'd like to call the "farming mentality" has taken a hold of a lot of Warframe players in the game nowadays, so if you ever plan on running random matches, expect more than a few people to ask/require you to use a certain frame or play a certain way for a certain mission so that they can get a certain reward.

Don't worry, though: Warframe still allows you to play the way you want to. It's just that the mentality of players has shifted in the two years you've been gone, and now farming for experience/ resources/ Prime Parts/ Syndicate Standings is usually the norm. That's why if you want to enjoy the game on your own terms, finding or founding a clan of like-minded players is a really good option now. 

3.) DE hasn't really changed their stance on releasing new content: they still release new things on almost a weekly or bi-weekly basis. However, since you've been gone for at least two years, there's a lot that you can spend time on before trying the new stuff that comes out. They're also working on fixing the game as they go, so don't panic too much. 

4.) If you're going to spend time on the forums, don't argue with too many people at once, and don't stay in General Discussion when a new update comes out. Trust me, it's bad for your health and sanity :P 

5.) Power-spam/ 5+ forma'ed weapons that can clear the entire map in the blink of an eye are pretty normal now, and you'll run into a lot of people who use them. 

Anyway that's all I've got for now, just watch your step around the game and the forums and take things slowly, and you won't find yourself burnign out anytime soon. 

This thread was... requested?¿ °,..,°

By a an extremely small group of people in relativity to Warframes size but the requests were abnormally similar between each other. Like... almost as if I was being trolled. But they were genuine. I felt the need to make it and I enjoyed making it. I perhaps should've foresighted a bit better and threw it into Introductions, but either way, I have no regrets making it.

I'd hope more people would express themselves on the forums and remember their lineage with the game. 

This has to be a troll no one thinks that they are this important.

FYI DE only care about money.

Yeah I cringed at the egocentrism, but shrugged it off as someone who just came back and is excited about the game again, which is nice.

I don't believe you are right about DE. While a business should care about money for sure, they are doing something right otherwise if Warframe was a complete waste of your time, you wouldn't be here at all.

First of all welcome back,

I think you might have mistaken this forum for an online dating site.

or a blog

or tumblr

'Is this introduction ever going to end? oh, now favorite loadouts? QUESTIONS????????????????? HIS QUESTIONS??????????????????????????????????????? HIS RETURNING IMPRESSIONS?????????????????????????????????????????????? HIS SUGGESTIONS???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? HIS FINAL WORDS?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? FINALLY!'

but yea I can tell you enjoy talking about yourself with this gigantic biography of yours.

I really feel like being mean to you because you seem like a naive cheerful and kind of childish person, so I will refrain from typing any further.

This has to be a troll no one thinks that they are this important.

FYI DE only care about money.

Yeah I cringed at the egocentrism, but shrugged it off as someone who just came back and is excited about the game again, which is nice.

I don't believe you are right about DE. While a business should care about money for sure, they are doing something right otherwise if Warframe was a complete waste of your time, you wouldn't be here at all.

I'll reply to these as I did with someone else. Please quote the areas where I pegged myself as important.

Edited by 8BitRager

F2P game for me, i have invested the smallest amount possible and if i need more i trade in game.

Frankly though they release things with bugs, frame/weapons get nerfed and not touched again, events are buggy and they release new crap like archwing/raids etc without fixing basics things or making sure the rest of the game works.

Currently grinding for some new things but other than that i can drop the game and move on whenever because it is grindframe with no long term goals to aim for and a lore which frankly may aswell not exist.

Oh god... you mentioned pw... how dare you. Thread locked in 3 2 1...

No jk...

My guess is that, in the end, Pw got some of the rights on warframe for the chinese release of WF that is happening right now.

Compared to the S#&$storm that happened on the forums, (I'm not innocent) I think this is rather harmless and won't affect us.

China will get it's own version of WF... that's pretty much it I believe.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Er ma gerd i feel special now!

Actually no one ever gives a damn about me being a Master so i don't know what kind of people have you been trading with lol.

Not that it matters though, i'm a Master simply to show my love and support for the game.

OP i hope you realize there's simply no way for you to do this kind of thread without looking like you have a massive, giant, homungous, insufferable ego.

I mean seriously, i don't want to jump to conclusions but... seriously, you just interviewed yourself, and your posting style doesn't help either.

Edited by Aaira