Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kogake Should Be Removed From Pvp

(PSN)FleshSlinky

Soz...how often are people getting destroyed by kogake on PC, now?

I just ran 20k rep worth of Team Annihilation, and barely saw any kogake spammers. When there was someone using it, they didn't make contact with the slide attack most of the time, and they died quite a bit.

I tried running it a small bit, myself, and targeting is pretty hard. I usually died trying to spam it and targeting is much harder than what I remember. In fact, Martial Magnetism doesn't seem to work when I run out of stamina, so a person could connect with a slide attack, but the follow up would be pretty hard to complete.

Funny how all you "pro" PvP players come up with solutions to the Kogake problems, fly up, evade, bla and bla.

The people who take advantage of the game mechanics will continue to do so until the weapons are removed. Period.

Some weapons are way too powerful to be used. No need for me to tell you which ones.

Plus, there are new people joining the PvP, people who quit. I've seen so many joins and quits in a match i thought it was impossible.

I've been annihilated by kogake users and strun wraith users way more than i should have.

Bottom line: Remove them.

Everyone's gonna go for the strongest weapon because there is NO current valid balance.

That won't help us.

If you remove something, than something else will become strong. The key to solve this problem is to make weapons different. Our current arsenal is for the most part only a collection of the same weapon in different variants - of course the player will use the strongest dps weapon of each weapon type, if all weapons are so similar like this.

They should work with headshotmultiplers, punch through, multishot and stacking effects to actually make weapons different.

Funny how all you "pro" PvP players come up with solutions to the Kogake problems, fly up, evade, bla and bla.

The people who take advantage of the game mechanics will continue to do so until the weapons are removed. Period.

Some weapons are way too powerful to be used. No need for me to tell you which ones.

Plus, there are new people joining the PvP, people who quit. I've seen so many joins and quits in a match i thought it was impossible.

I've been annihilated by kogake users and strun wraith users way more than i should have.

Bottom line: Remove them.

Everyone's gonna go for the strongest weapon because there is NO current valid balance.

Have you even tried kogake since the martial magnetism nerf?  The vast majority of kogake users miss ~5 (just throwing out numbers, but probably not too far off) slide attacks before they land one if they aren't in melee only mode.  It's nowhere near as powerful as it used to be.  If someone is consistently knocking you down with kogake now, you let yourself become an easy target and they have decent aim/timing.

Edited by Aggh

Soz...how often are people getting destroyed by kogake on PC, now?

I just ran 20k rep worth of Team Annihilation, and barely saw any kogake spammers. When there was someone using it, they didn't make contact with the slide attack most of the time, and they died quite a bit.

I tried running it a small bit, myself, and targeting is pretty hard. I usually died trying to spam it and targeting is much harder than what I remember. In fact, Martial Magnetism doesn't seem to work when I run out of stamina, so a person could connect with a slide attack, but the follow up would be pretty hard to complete.

Since 16.5 I haven't really had a problem with them. Then again, I haven't seen many Kogake users since 16.5.

Have you even tried kogake since the martial magnetism nerf? The vast majority of kogake users miss ~5 (just throwing out numbers, but probably not too far off) slide attacks before they land one if they aren't in melee only mode. It's nowhere near as powerful as it used to be. If someone is consistently knocking you down with kogake now, you let yourself become an easy target and they have decent aim/timing.

^this

I think the kogake-are-op argument isn't much of an argument any more. At least on PC. I'm not saying the kogake weren't op, I'm saying the issue with them is pretty much fixed. Spammers barely land hits, and I'm usually able to win a melee against a kogake user even after they land a slide attack. As well, Martial Magnetism doesn't allow anyone to be overly-glued to a target anymore, even after a target aerial melees away.

I'm still doin fine with my Kogake but you can't face roll like you use to. You have watch who is around you and you need to be blocking. Know when to get out of combat as well. Once again Kogake is the only weapon where MM is worth anything and it stills works great if you know what you are doing. This is the direction weapons should be heading Kogake is in a really good spot where you can't face roll and again that is really good, faceroll is bad.