Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Founders Not So "founders" Anymore.

Dagnome

Maybe what is needed is a different approach to the Solar Landmark? I don't know lol  

Oh you bet they need to figure that one out.... What a mess... Started out as one name per planet when I purchased, now it is 6-8.... Lol It looks so messy. 

Maybe what is needed is a different approach to the Solar Landmark? I don't know lol  

That it is, definitely... I once concidered getting a Grand Master pack for that, but then i started seeing the cluttering and... Well, Master is all you need, y'know what i'm saying?

I'd like to think DE is waiting until they can resolve the issue that CBT'ers are facing (where they cannot purchase anything with their Steam wallet) before they close any doors for anyone.

Quite a large issue for me as well, sure hope it gets fixed.

That it is, definitely... I once concidered getting a Grand Master pack for that, but then i started seeing the cluttering and... Well, Master is all you need, y'know what i'm saying?

I get it completely. I was only going to be a Master but upgraded anyway. This is the only time I'll say this but kinda I think the Prime weapons need/deserve a little buff lol  After the reset I plan to play with Excal Prime and only use the Prime weapons (and whichever primary) just to make things interesting. Not to get off topic, just saying. As for the Steam wallet issue, I've never used it so I don't know much about it but I downloaded through Steam and used paypal to buy straight from the Warframe site. Just a suggestion as a temporary solution until your issue is fixed if you prefer the Steam wallet

Edited by 7.T.

I get it completely. I was only going to be a Master but upgraded anyway. This is the only time I'll say this but kinda I think the Prime weapons need/deserve a little buff lol Not to get off topic, just saying.

Agreed. 

40$? 10$ more and you could have bought founders pack, which is not only the "cool kids club" enblem, but a more reasonable price for that amount of plat too. plus otherwise unobtainable frame.

The whole point was not needing the flairs and whistles in order to be able to support a good company. I wonder if I need to type with Tenso text in order to get a point across.

I agree a founders package will lose its true value if it continues too long.  Also I like the idea of another "Support" programme with other unique benefits.  I too felt the founders programm was going on too long as to be a part of it is to take the first leap of faith to support the devs in this game.

To be honest I do not know about the Solar landmark thingy but from what I understand it is really nothing that great to begin with. 

I feel that the founders programme is continuing is because DE wishes to get more more funding from the new players who joined the game but this will hurt the people who dared to take the leap of faith and support the game when it was in its infancy stage.

I too wish that they close the Founders package and create a new package for extra funding.

PS: I am starting to feel also that the Founders Programme is losing its meaning every single day.

Do you know about Ultimate Game Cards?

You can get them and redeem the codes here on the site.

Dagnome is actually giving away $240 worth of Ultimate Game cards...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/41568-founders-packs-giveaway-presented-by-dagnome/

Aside from my own personal support ticket, I've seen several posts from others in this situation with devs responding with "soon".  They have not mentioned this option so I would assume it wouldn't work out.  I would need confirmation if this would work before jumping on this risk.

I regret having posted in this thread. What started as a civil and rather simple suggestion to give the founder packages some new life through "Supporter" packages has yet again devolved into a *@##$ fight with everyone only aiming at waving their e-peen around.

But hey, since this forum seems to thrive on its ability to complain and make a problem out of just about everything, who am I to judge?

Aside from my own personal support ticket, I've seen several posts from others in this situation with devs responding with "soon".  They have not mentioned this option so I would assume it wouldn't work out.  I would need confirmation if this would work before jumping on this risk.

73333c47-faf9-4436-80a0-82b5f48d0256_zps

I regret having posted in this thread. What started as a civil and rather simple suggestion to give the founder packages some new life through "Supporter" packages has yet again devolved into a $#*(@ fight with everyone only aiming at waving their e-peen around.

But hey, since this forum seems to thrive on its ability to complain and make a problem out of just about everything, who am I to judge?

Pretty sure it settled down awhile ago. Check time stamps. =)

Well, how's this for solution. An monthly subscription Fee for everyone, and remove all these founder things, there Solved !

everyone will surely be happy. there done, make it so xD

joke's aside yea, maybe instead off adding new/renaming the old Maybe add these perks to Regular platinum shop? like more mods and who knows what else, or make stuff like Council chat purchasable from ingame market

No, I am not joking. You don't understand the fundamental difference between Free-to-play and Pay-to-play if you're saying such statements. I'll give you a very precise definition to help clear things up.

Free-to-play: The game itself is free to play without being forced to pay a single cent.

Pay-to-play: You have to pay a recurring fee every month to continue playing this game. Unless there is some super special premium program that I do not know of, my case rests.

The category you are talking about specifically is freemium*. You can "optionally" pay-to-save-about-an-hour-of-farming-and-4-days-of-building. In this case, it is subjective. "Speeding up" an items crafting time is a mechanic used to satisfy the impatient. I had the patience to grind the blueprints and mats for every frame I have except Ember, Ash, Trinity(by accident), and Banshee. I do not feel the need to rush because I'm in no hurry to level up every single frame.

Now I ask this in the most respectful way possible. Do you understand the difference between free-to-play and pay-to-play now?

You've posted this, and you're still saying the game is Pay-to-Play? At no point are you forced to pay a single cent. Up until U7, I hadn't actually spent single bit of Pt except colour packs. By your definition the game is Free-to-Play.

In my opinion, as long as the game is not "gold" but in any beta state, the founder packages should stay available.

But i understant your point, dont misundurstand me ^^

Also, i dont know what to think about new packages that would feature all the "passed" rewards ... like the CB gift etc ...

I DO want these rewards, i'm a collector. But that would really sound bad to me ... like "hey, we need cash, we sell those rewards to should have been unique". But i would certainly give (a limited one ...) money to have those collectors i missed or couldnt afford (250$ is in "not possible at all" for me)

U8 would be a good time to bring it to an end. It would seem odd to me if it continued on much longer than that.

But I think most--if not all--of us are anticipating that Warframe is nowhere near the peak of its success and popularity. It hasn't even left open beta (as I'm sure many people above me have noted). With that in mind, I think hand-wringing over the "Founder" identifier becoming less special is...premature.