Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirror's Edge 2 Supposedly Out Early 2016

Cynaris

No matter how much I want to, I just can't find any sort of hype for ME. I loved the first game (one of the greatest games ever made in my opinion), but it has been almost seven years since then and Dice has become a milking machine. The writers and designers of the original have no involvement, and the only real thing they have said about it is that it will have more focus on shooting.

This is a prequel. Faith wasn't a hardened killer in the original, she was a somewhat naive courier. How can a prequel that has more shooting people not contradict that?

No matter how much I want to, I just can't find any sort of hype for ME. I loved the first game (one of the greatest games ever made in my opinion), but it has been almost seven years since then and Dice has become a milking machine. The writers and designers of the original have no involvement, and the only real thing they have said about it is that it will have more focus on shooting.

This is a prequel. Faith wasn't a hardened killer in the original, she was a somewhat naive courier. How can a prequel that has more shooting people not contradict that?

They never said it has more shooting, they said that shooting will also be fleshed out to not feel S#&$ like it did in ME1. However full "pacifist" runs will still be completely doable.

What they did say is that it will be open world-ish this time, which makes me super hyped.

I do hope they keep it a Single-Player game with leaderboards like the original though.

And I don't think the original developers are out from the picture, you don't change a development team overnight.

They never said it has more shooting, they said that shooting will also be fleshed out to not feel S#&$ like it did in ME1. However full "pacifist" runs will still be completely doable.

What they did say is that it will be open world-ish this time, which makes me super hyped.

I do hope they keep it a Single-Player game with leaderboards like the original though.

And I don't think the original developers are out from the picture, you don't change a development team overnight.

Overnight? It has been seven years. Dice has done nothing but Battlefield since then, with each being more disappointing than the last.