Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Story Between Teshin And The Lotus

reverb6

*moved to a proper section I guessed*

I want to share this idea of background story for Teshin, so I came up with this. Hope you guys willing to read it and gives a thumbs up if you like it. Thanks :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Story between Teshin and The Lotus

A sacred power implanted in a form of a crystal, melted and then fused into a katana type of blade and named Dragon Nikana and no one knows when it happened. The legend says that who wields the Dragon Nikana will speak to them and letting them to use the Dragon Nikana to conquer any evil that will try to rip apart their teacher’s heart. This katana is hidden in the Orokin Mountain, a mountain where blade warriors are born. Those who wield katana are called warrior of the Orokin, their task is to protect the Dragon Nikana from the reach of outsiders. I am Teshin, one of the Orokin Mountain’s warriors. Every warrior named their own katana on the reason why they wield it and need it, mine is called Rozana. I named it Rozana because that is my first teacher that thought me about katana and also the leader of the Guardian of this mountain. I have a friend, his name is Ash and he’s my first friend from the Guardian’s army. We spar together for about 3 years and I haven’t been able to even touch his toe on our spar, while he always knocked me away out of the sparring area. I thought I was there in the Orokin Mountain to study the use of katana, but it was actually more than that. Every year, at least twice, The Corpus came from the North side with their robotic technology and attacks the Orokin Mountain and tries to take the sacred crystal that they’ve heard before. Soldiers are the first line of the mountain; they will give out their best to prevent the attacker to reach the foot of the Orokin Mountain with their staffs. Warriors are those who defend the mountain when the Soldiers failed to do their task, we are usually hidden in the forest of the mountain with our katana on our waist. Archer are the line after the Warrior and before the Guardian, with bows they are able to decapitate those intruders from reaching the top of the mountain. Guardians are the last line of defense in every attack with their trusted big swords and from what I see, Guardians never lost.

Until 7077, Guardians were supposed to be the last line of defense but I was there as a Warrior, fighting along the others defeating those robotic technology. Looked like a shooting star came from the West, it was actually a plasma shot by a canon built by the Corpus and directly hit the Guardians of the Orokin Mountain. I thought we were goner, then Teacher Roz shouted in the distance “Teshin, get to the mountain and hide the Dragon Nikana!” I clearly didn’t understand about that but I do as he asked me to. I quickly scamper to the top of the mountain and grab the Dragon Nikana, it made both of my wrists bleed about an inch and I have no idea why. I hid behind the Woo La fountain where I think it was the place where the crystal is hidden. Some of us who dash up to the mountain survived the war, I came out to peek but it was already finished. The Orokin Mountain now is just a waste land, covered with blood and dead bodies, rivers are red and no one seems to be alive. There were only 6 of us left that hid behind the fountain and lurking in the shadow came Ash, he is wounded, got a burn marks on his left shoulder ‘till his elbow. We all thought that it was the end of the attack then the worst came in, siren from the distance started to scare us and a loud angry voice by the Corpus was heard. Look like a giant rock was launched from the West by the Corpus, we all ran back behind the fountain and hid again. “Boom!” an explosion was heard, “Grooaaarrrr!” a strong wave of winds strikes up to us and splash the water of the fountain. Literally made us all wet but also made us survived the blast of the ‘rock’ that Corpus threw.

After months of waiting for Ash to recover, I went out with the other warriors to try and rebuild the Orokin temple even thou that this time it won’t be able to be on top of a mountain. Scavenge trough out the battleground, collecting resources and burying our fellow warrior, soldiers, archers and even guardians who unluckily receive no mercy. One of us scavenged far enough to get information caused by the ‘rock’ that strikes Orokin Mountain. Ash went far to the North where the first attack was engaged by the Corpus and found out that there were groups of men with their body parts replaced by rusty and scraps of metal. Vor, the leader of the Corpus appear in the middle of the crowd of those men but appear a little bit different. He has the same voice, same walking gesture and same face but different body. Ash also told that Vor looks like that he has mutated somehow. Ash was still curious, he went back to the North but this time I asked one from the warrior to come accompany him.

I left three of the warrior back near the fountain and asked them to try and rebuild the Orokin temple, while I went to the West looking for an answer about the ‘rock’ and the plasma laser that hit the Orokin Mountain. I reached my destination about two hills one river journey; I found a thing that looks like a machine that is built by the Corpus. I walk towards it with caution and saw symbol of the Corpus, then a groan was heard behind the machine. Something jumped and leap around hiding behind covers like scrap machines, rocks and bushes made me engage myself and hold my Rozana very tight. I draw my Rozana and something jumped towards me, striking me with its strong body like a charging bull, I was thrown back a little distance and performing a defensive gesture noticed a little that there was a symbol of Corpus on that thing’s leg. They appeared from all sides, various sizes, and unusual body form and didn’t even look like a human, not even close. They creek and groan to each other but only put their eyes on me, I grip hold my Rozana and put it in back in the sheath. Then I started to take their attention away from me by throwing a little rock at the machine behind them and as they turn around I dash back towards the fountain.

I share my information with the other warrior and they look shocked, none of us ever thought that there will be a living thing that has a Corpus symbol on it but mindless. We decided to stay and keep trying to rebuild the temple until, the warrior who went to the North with Ash returns but, Ash wasn’t with him. I stretched my leg and head right towards him, he was covered with sweat all over himself, looked a little bit pale then I noticed that there was a bullet stuck on his right stomach. I pulled my Rozana out and poke the bullet out of his stomach then he fainted, I’m still curious why did he returned without Ash but a bullet on his stomach. After two days of recovery, then he spoke to us, “There were 9 or 16 men, I don’t really recall my memory. Vor saw Ash while he was trying to get close by foreshadowing in the dark alley behind Vor. One of those men sees Ash and quickly draws his gun and tries to shoot Ash but still he was too slow for Ash, he choke into his death with a shuriken on his throat. I thought no one sees it but that one man, suddenly Vor stands behind Ash and knocked him down to the ground. I looked hopeless but I drew my katana out and started to walk forward to Ash, they rain me with bullets and I tried as fast as I can to dodge all the bullets but then Vor’s was too fast to avoid. Here, I got shot by him and now regret leaving Ash behind”. After a discussion with everyone, we decided to leave our planning of rebuilding the temple and went to rescue Ash.

Recall our memories from years of studying about our own blade, warm up with slicing up some wood to make a fire camp, practice ‘fire breath’ technique for the upcoming mission. Rescuing someone isn’t an easy thing to be done; we plan on to be sneaky and didn’t alert any enemies during our mission. We split our team into two, I’m with Ash’s partner went alone inside the hidden chamber to look for Ash while the rest creates a distraction if necessary. We waited ‘till the sun comes down and strike them while they’re resting their eyes, letting the second team to guard on the way to the exit while I and one of the warriors went inside the chamber to look for Ash. “Teshin, psstt! Come here, this is the place where we got ambushed!” I thought it would be an easy job finding Ash but nope, this is really difficult. I noticed there were two guards who always went back the dark alley near the entrance of the chamber. I told to my squad that we have to check on there to see if Ash is there or not, we went off by crawling. I felt something rather disturbing, suddenly Vor appear in front of us quickly drew his gun and shout “I won’t miss this time!” within that second he popped my squad mate’s heart away and let it ragdoll to the ground. My left hand suddenly reflex guard my body by pulling Rozana out of the sheath and starts to cover up my area. Then I tried to calm myself down, asking Vor “why are you doing this? What’s in your head isn’t the answer to your questions!” I dropped a tear as I speak. Vor didn’t reply, he snapped his finger and his guards came in while strangling the second squad in front of me. Then he snapped his finger again and letting his men struck the warrior down to kneeling position, they stare at me in terrify and I told “Don’t worry my friend, your achievement will never be forgotten and I would do my best to stop this nonsense”. Vor smiled and drew his gun again aiming at the cell near the end of the dark alley; “There lies your pity Guardian friend who tried to attack me and my army, The Grineer” I looked over there and saw Ash’s left armor and his chest plate hanging on the wall in the cell. I’ve lost my hope, shook my head down and felt hopeless of finding Ash. Vor’s men one by one started to decapitate the second squad, leaving it lying in front of me. Vor spoke “Where is this crystal of yours? Hmm? Where did you hide it?” as I silence my mouth, not a word was spoken “Hmm, I see! Grineer Trooper, put him away to the bone alley as food for Nekros” then he started to walk out of the chamber and went out.

Nekros is Vor’s pet, with its mindless figure made it the hell hound of the Grineer now. Nekros was actually Zanuka, but I think the “rock” that they threw made it mutates. While I was on the way to my death, an arrow flew by my ear and wrecked the leg of the Grineer that was holding my arms. A huge individual lands in front of us; I thought it was Nekros, ready to eat me alive but then it roars and made itself covered with thick skins started to charge ahead towards me. Another one appears and some sort of linked itself with some of the Grineers, making itself invulnerable against any damage but instead making those who were linked to it became weak somehow. Far on the left in a yellow suit jumped in front of the one which link and node at the huge one, the huge one picked me up and put me behind the link one. The yellow one walk forward, it looks blind but this surprises me; it draws a small gun under its hands and started to shoot all the Grineer in the hallway without even seeing them. Everything happens within seconds like I was in a time warp, then there was a voice “Don’t worry Tenno, he is now safe with us” and the three individuals brought me away to their cavern in nowhere.

Inside the cavern, another one came in a form more likely to be seen as a human, but it doesn’t speak. A sound once spoke to them now spoke to me with a calm voice “Hello there, don’t be afraid! I am the Lotus, guider of the Tenno” but I wasn’t responding, I’m still thinking about Ash. Lotus starts to speak again “What you seek in this world, could be achieve by letting the Tenno to help you” and bringing a missing person to reality is not a thing that I guess that she could do, she began to explain “Those who saved you are called the Tenno, Rhino the tank of the team who always defend the other tenno. Trinity, the healer of the team, she heals the wounded ones and link incoming damage to those who she links. Mesa, the gunslinger, she is blind as you can see but she is gifted with the ability to shoot directly at the target that she wishes to eliminate. Then the last is Excalibur, the leader of the team, his ability depends on his blade that he uses in the battle. We will help you along with your journey anywhere”. I still can’t catch up to the experience that I am in right now, I’m confused. Ash is not in the chamber where the Grineer hid them and now I’m the last one of the survivor after the “rock” landed and blast the mountain away, hiding with the Tenno which I barely know them. While I try to stand up and speak with the Tenno and the Lotus, a whisper surrounds us and darkness came in.

The darkness fades out and Lotus request a little in curiosity “What was that? Is it you who did that?” turning her look on me. I think I might know who, but I didn’t say a thing and another darkness went through the room where we at. The whisper starts to get louder “I protect those from the Orokin Mountain” and fades away again. Seems like I know who, but I didn’t really believe it at that moment and kept walking towards the Lotus in faint. Mesa walked towards me and help me walk towards the Lotus even thou I really look soulless in a way or so and then I speak of who am I “I am Teshin, one of the warrior from the Orokin Mountain and I think… I’m the last one who’s still breathing” while trying not to cry. The Tenno seems to be calmed enough after I said that and I started to think that they’re actually careless about those who are not their kind. “Do not worry Teshin, we are alike you. There were many of us, until the Grineer started to eliminate us one by one and here we are trying to survive in this world”, I thought Orokin Mountain was the only one who suffers, never knew that the Corpus would be offensive against the Tenno too. At the least, I can refugee on the Tenno for a moment maybe until I recover my mental state.

Several months after that tragedy, I consult with the Lotus and the Tenno asking to return back to the Orokin temple which not yet been rebuilt since the search of Ash began. “As the last one standing, I should return to where I came from and restore what was lost from the attack last time” as I speak, a transmission appear from the Lotus’s hand. Vor, “I am giving you a coordinate towards the place on where I am at, I do not trust you at all but I do need your help to devour those mindless infested” well that was surprising, Trinity then asked “What if it was a trap, Lotus? What will we do then?” while I was trying to back pack my stuff then a katana dropped in front of my foot. “Could this be? No, it’s not possible” it was the Dragon Nikana, I know I’m the one who hid it behind the Woo La fountain but how did it came and dropped in front of me without a warning or something. I tug it up and held it, it glows and whisper to me “You will see Ash soon enough” and because I believe of the legend on this katana, I stood up while putting the Dragon Nikana on its sheath and tell the Lotus “I’ll come and help you Tenno before I return to where I am from, at least that’s the way I could ever say thank you for letting me refugee on your cavern”. The Lotus agreed and so I went off along with the Tenno to the coordination which Vor has gave.

We arrived at the rendezvous point that Vor gave to us. Vor was sitting near the edge of a cliff while surrounded by some infested. We rush to help Vor and let the infested chased Excalibur and Rhino as a distraction but as we suspected earlier, a trap cell dropped down unto us but I manage to dodge it and electricity were run across it making the cell to be untouchable. I tried to look up for a way to free them but I was too late, Vor rammed me towards the infested and letting me busy with the infestation. “By the power of faith of teaching by Sensa Roz, I shall slay you mindless infested” dragged my katana our and started to cut those infested away of their consciousness. Close enough to where Vor at, the same darkness which appear in the Tenno’s cavern now came again but this time the whisper was “You are one of the Warrior and I am the Guardian” as it fades away like before. Ash appeared from the shadow.

“Teshin, is that you? My sense is telling me so…” assumed Ash. Then he started to threw his shuriken to the infested, making them bleed out to their last drop of blood then quickly took out his Galatine and engage it towards more infested wiping them all off their feet. The area is clear, every infested in sight were demolished into dust. Vor were supposed to be there holding his gun pointing at us, but what happened was that he got attacked by the infestation also and left behind mashed up like a mud but it was a part of his limbs and guts. Trust me, everything happened within minutes but this moment were in a slow motion view because I was knocked down and trying to resurgence. Ash soared towards me in a blink of an eye, lending me his left arm trying to pull me back on my foot. “Am I dreaming?” as I stood upon Ash and trying to recognize him then he got stroked by Rhino impaling him towards the edge of the cliff where Vor was laying dead. Rhino thicken his skin and Mesa drew her guns while Excalibur and Trinity are preparing to attack forward. Ash vanish, teleporting himself behind the Excalibur and knocked him of his feet then next trying to stab Trinity. Trinity already activated her link ability and let the damage of Ash’s blade went back to Ash making him bleed a beaker much. Ash stopped teleporting and stand up on my left side, as he is trying to pull me up then Excalibur drew up his sword and a flash of light blinds our eyes making us hard to see. I dropped back down and saw Ash trying to recover himself by lurking back into his dark shades, but Rhino were already behind him and charge ahead impaling Ash towards where Mesa is standing and engaged. I quickly resurrect and drew the Dragon Nikana out dash in between Ash and Mesa, blocking all the bullets that was shot by her “Stop it!” *voice crack* but she kept rain me with bullets. When she became furious and started to withdraw another one of her special gun, I hauled my Rozana and blocked more of those bullets. Rhino charge ahead towards me like he wanted Mesa to finish Ash alone but I deflect him with the Dragon Nikana making his skin to crack and stopping his movements “Trang! Crack! Fsshhh!” then we stopped attacking each other.

“Teshin? Who is this person that you’re trying to prevent from his bereavement?” as the Lotus ask, I reply “He is Ash, the one whom I’ve lost and seek, the reason why you found me in the cave of the Grineer” then Ash creep towards me and I help him stand up. I feel a sense of disturbing, but it wasn’t from any of the Tenno. It was quite all of the sudden, then a gigantic infested came running like crazy towards Rhino and this time Rhino got fling away towards where I stand for. It’s a beast… A huge infested, a corrupted machine, looked like the one I’ve saw when I went to the West then I remember that it was the machine which shot the “rock” towards the mountain. “Get back, it’s too dangerous to battle! It was the machine that popped our Orokin Mountain!” it looked at Mesa and proceeds with rage towards her. Mesa kept shooting it but those bullets are useless against that infested, so it gets an inch close to throw Mesa away… Unexpectedly, it stopped in front of Mesa and ragdoll of the cliff behind her. It was Ash; he was in front of Mesa held his Galatine mightily after goring of that gigantic infested. Mesa jumped behind Excalibur and Trinity and ready to engage Ash again, this time I stand in the face of Ash and point both of the katana I hold towards the Tenno. “This ends now! I will come back to where I am from along with my fellow Guardian, Ash. You will not seek us to liberate but you can seek us for help” I sheath both of the katana. “As a trust sign that none will bother other, I’ll leave my Rozana for you Tenno. Keep it!” I pierced my Rozana on the ground and left it behind for the Tenno. Walked back home with Ash on my left.

I am Teshin, the last Warrior of the Orokin Mountain and I stood side by side along with my Guardian of the Orokin Mountain, Ash and a new friend, the Tenno.”. The End.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Trust me, I didn't put in any favoritism or any judgement. It's just a story and supporting characters are changeable by desire. :3

All suggestions are accepted and will be digested, I sure wish this reaches to DE and they'll like it enough. Cheers! :)

Sincere, reverb6.