Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Warframes....

LunchBoxKilla

Yup this is a PLZ nerf or give them a better power suited to them... And the one power i am talking about is dash....  I don't care about your arguments of "IT STAYS" or "PLAY SOLO IF U DUN LIKE WHEN PEOPLE RUSH!".. I got a rhino warframe and I'm not giving it up unless there was a chance to get the PRIME version. ..

I have seen on more than one instance a frakking Volt dashed off screaming "FRAK THE POLICE" and zip off to the land of dreams and puppies while the rest of us are nads deep in (INSERT OPPOSING FORCE HERE). I just did an alert mission on Eris and you're very well insane to even suggest I do a difficulty 5 mission solo with infested. Anyways I'm drifting form the main topic... We had a volt in our party that made ZERO KILLS and grabbed all the objectives... When there was one of them doors that need two people to open he would just spam it and wait for us..... When HE got the last data mass he took off like a rocket and was never seen from again till the end... And oh boy what an end that was.... EVERY SINGLE INFESTED IN THE SHIP WAS IN THE FRAKKING EXIT and it took all three of us 10 Minutes to clear it out...It was the Single room exit and MR Volt had wedged him self up on a shelf out of reach of the hungry infested...

My suggestion and I know its never gonna be listened to is get rid of that hyper speed "puttin' on my nikes" run and give volt a power..... maybe Chain lighting? here it zaps and stuns (?) a group if they are lined up?

Something in the theme of electrical damage please...

Or just have fun killing stuff and make the rusher wait in the exit...

Oh it was fun right up untill there were 4 disrupters and well over 20 infested mauling us.. I had to revive the two other people in my group. Thank you rhino for having the iron skin power....

Well, I'm not saying that that Volt was very nice BUT.... Volt is a lightning based warframe which is going to be inherently fast (Unless you think Rhino can dodge a Lightning bolt, Volt needs to be faster). I believe his base is only 1.0 while being fast, He doesn't break the game. He is actually average. Loki on the other hand is 1.6! any Loki's rocking rush and Marathon can keep up with a Sprinting Volt. That being said maybe you should focus on building streamline so you can spam Rhino Run if your that upset about it. Either way I used volt as my starter frame and never once got a complaint from my close party who I play with nearly every day. Also good to note, his sprint doesn't make any less bullets hit him. Aim is not thrown off by Speed. 

Oh also Rhino is really slow unless charging. Which is the way it's supposed to be.

Oh also, volt isn't exactly a tank, While he does have good shield he can't turn into Iron and revive the entire party >.> Just saying if you think speed is OP then clearly we need Volt to have Skip instead of Speed and Rhino can get Paper Skin instead of Iron Skin. 

Edited by KitsuAccalia

There should be incentive for Tenno to stick together. Maybe a frame that rushes ahead of teammates and doesn't help them could have a "Deserter" tag attatched to their name for 6 hours or so. Maybe frames that stick together get slight buffs. Maybe frames that abandon their comrades will have an XP penalty at the end of the mission, unless perhaps their leave is authorized by the other tenno in the party by a quick voting system. This is just general brainstorming, but maybe it could help.

I think that speed is fine, rushers exist, get over it. But in all honesty i think speed needs a slight buff, one of the following would be enough to make me happy:

1. increased melee speed

2. increased speed multiplier

3. increased duration

It doesn't seem to last long enough or be much faster than loki with a maxed rush. but one of the three would appease me.

I think that speed is fine, rushers exist, get over it. But in all honesty i think speed needs a slight buff, one of the following would be enough to make me happy:

1. increased melee speed

2. increased speed multiplier

3. increased duration

It doesn't seem to last long enough or be much faster than loki with a maxed rush. but one of the three would appease me.

I like number 1 ...

Oh it was fun right up untill there were 4 disrupters and well over 20 infested mauling us.. I had to revive the two other people in my group. Thank you rhino for having the iron skin power....

Sounds like fun to me

Edited by Darkwave1098

Find players who do not exploit speed so they are always ahead of you, always getting first pick of the kills while leaving you the scraps, always smashing open the loot boxes without leaving as little as a module marker and then running to the finish line as if they are going to get a gold medal.

Also go to defense missions or choose private host and go solo.

Speed has little effect there and many of these rushers have jacked up their warframe to always be in the lead that when it come to hard hitting hordes, they end up on the ground demanding to be rezzed before they disconnect to avoid a loss on their stats

That might have been me that did that in your game earlier. I had really weak weapons equipped and right when I got on there were a few seconds left in an alert mission so I just Dashed through the whole thig and even even try to kill anyone :P

This topic is now about volt's movement speed being too slow.

If volt was fast enough, OP wouldn't have seen him doing all these things.

Also, he had to stop and wait for doors, volt should be fast enough to quantum tunnel through them.

In all seriousness, You can solo missions on eris, 3 of you should have been more than enough to do it.

What's more, crowds of enemies are great fun, just hit your ults and gib 30+ enemies at once, it's joyful.

Finally, what do you really want?

He wanted to finish the alert quickly, you being slow and insisting on fighting every enemy slowed him down, and for what? To kill some more of the same enemies you've killed hundreds if not thousands of times already?

Wahoo, exciting.

I'm not a runner myself, but I certainly don't hold it against them.

If you want to open every box and kill every enemy (Which is impossible, just so you know, they keep respawning), then go play solo and take it at your own speed, don't waste other people's time and then blame them for being too quick for you.

I got a rhino warframe and I'm not giving it up unless there was a chance to get the PRIME version. ..

...I just did an alert mission on Eris and you're very well insane to even suggest I do a difficulty 5 mission solo with infested.

Hey dude, I'm insane, but I'm suggesting that you can solo these missions against infested because you're Rhino! Especially seeing as you seemed perfectly capable of "clearing out" infested for 10 minutes straight, and rezzing your teammates when they fell.

And another thread that was created to restrict a whole base of Volt players just because the creator got dumbed. Awesome. I think I should suggest stuff that restricts everybody just for my own sake in the future too....

Dude, Volt is a waste of time against Infested.  Infested have high resistance to shock, and all of Volt's abilities either deal shock damage or give you protection from bullets, and I don't know about you, but I've never seen a Charger stumbling around with a Grakata.  If he had been there, you can bet your balls you'd have spent most of your energy casting Iron Skin to revive his sorry &#!.

Dude, I love my Volt, I use my volt for defence missions, and the speed power helps me get around quickly when others need help, or I need to return to the objective to clear away a mob. Plus I some times use it in other missions when I'm in a party with friends, because then I can spend time looting, and hanging back because most of my stuff is max level, and I'm just helping my friends, so speed comes in handy when I need to catch up to them.

Find players who do not exploit speed so they are always ahead of you, always getting first pick of the kills while leaving you the scraps, always smashing open the loot boxes without leaving as little as a module marker and then running to the finish line as if they are going to get a gold medal.

Also go to defense missions or choose private host and go solo.

Speed has little effect there and many of these rushers have jacked up their warframe to always be in the lead that when it come to hard hitting hordes, they end up on the ground demanding to be rezzed before they disconnect to avoid a loss on their stats

Not to mention some of us volt users happen to use speed to run to our fallen allies or get out of S#&$ty situations for the sake of the group, so that some of us WON'T have to be revived. Speed is the GTFO skill, not that 'Hahaha I'm faster than you!' skill, for me. I think the OP's problem is more with the players than the skill itself.

Enough with the nerfing, any crybabies in the game. If too many of you start getting your nappies twisted and start throwing your toys out of the pram, the devs might just get fooled into thinking that's what will make the game better.

Instead of demanding a nerf in the most insipid way possible, sit down and THINK about the power.

Don't nerf, adjust. Not that Volt's speed needs a change. You can just suck it up and go solo, yes you said not to say that. But you know what? Telling people not to make a valid argument, is intellectually bankrupt.

Signed, someone who hardly plays Warframe (Until Update 8, squee.)