Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silly Frames

Kikkerke

Hail.

As I progress through the game, I become more and more aware of the simply ugly and foolish looking Frames.

Take my Excalibur: it has something in between a nose and a micro-proboscis (trunk).

Except for the very rare (like Banshee and Frost) all are... well... ugly and foolish.

Take the Prime Frost helmet: no species EVER would create such moronic helmet.

Not only is it impractical, on top it's suicidal to wear (the arcs of metal) which can hang up in say an overhanging bar.

Considering the game takes in a distant future, suits would be FAR more to the point, practical AND safety wise.

IMHO: they would rather look like:

tumblr_mkewio4mPF1s2eu9uo1_500.jpg

The-Heroic-Age-Marvel-Comics-Iron-Man-Bi

Crysis-US-Nanosuit-1324.jpg

or even

BORG_by_stramp1a.jpg

Thoughts?

What I'm gathering is that you want to see more "smooth" generic designs with absolutely no interesting characteristics to them.

I disagree. Whether or not a Warframes design is practical  to an actual futuristic society (I'm guessing that's what you were getting at when you referred to them as "impractical") means little in terms of a video game as stats are what a player, which is what would fill the role of a "society", looks at when they decide whether it is practical to their needs or not. I think we have enough games with streamlined futuristic suits to fill that void if this is going to keep you from enjoying a game.

Furthermore, there have been many threads picking apart minor aesthetic features in various Warframe designs and the Dev response to them has more or less been "We like the way we designed them." so I highly doubt any changes will be made.

Edited by Haldos

You may or may not have noticed, but many of the warframes have animal-like characteristics.

Visual design by forum committee is a path the devs wisely are (edit) NOT going down. I would rather have a quirky and original look personally than 'yet another game that looks like every other game'.

Edited by Emotitron

Even sleek armors can be VERY MUCH Characteristic, individual and unique.

I was refering to practicality.

As for the Excal: a Rhino horn and that failed trunk thing, well...

I gave the pics merely as ideas, btw.

I want them to look different, ofc.

But different and silly are 2 things... XD

BTW: what I REALLY would like to see are for instance Praying Mantis Armors.

The actual head (complete with mandibles and eyes), a very sleek armor, ....

Actual animal-type armors rather than the current.... things...

ADDENDUM:

On the Mantis idea:

"Monk" class (Unarmed Combat)

Frame is obvious

Weapons: different types of 'fore arms' with different styles of combat: small, razor like arms for fast but light attacks, and heavy arms for slow but heavy attacks.

The small arms make a Piercing/Slashing damage, the heavy Blunt/Stunning damage....

Thoughts?

Edited by Kikkerke

You may or may not have noticed, but many of the warframes have animal-like characteristics.

Visual design by forum committee is a path the devs wisely are going down. I would rather have a quirky and original look personally than 'yet another game that looks like every other game'.

More like insects..

I think the issue of aesthetics and view on beauty is highly subjective.

I actually like the look of Excalibur. The default helmet I mean.

I also like Frost Prime's look way more than Frost.

The only frames which are good-looking in my opinion are Excalibur, Volt, Loki and Rhino.