Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aesthetics Of Play

OoKeNnEtHoO

I was watching this video on this topic and I wanted to share it with the rest of the forums.

For immediate definitons of the Aesthetics of Play in the video: http://youtu.be/uepAJ-rqJKA?t=4m15s

My question to you is "After watching the video, what is/are the core aesthetics of play that Warframe offers to you?"

Sense Pleasure, Fantasy, Narrative, Challenge. Fellowship, Competition, Discovery, Expression and/or Abnegation?

I think it might be good for the developers to know which they should focus on based on the answers to this question.

Please answer the question only. Thank you.

EDIT: Thanks for the response. Topic has been move over to: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/45576-aesthetics-of-play/

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

Discovery.

Seriously, I love Warframe, but the times I spend the longest in the game are the times I just explore the tiles. Slaughtering enemies is fun, but never quite as fulfilling or as exciting as finding a new secret area, or finding out that I can

Edit: Actually, it's a little bit more than just that. I loved discovering all the parkour tricks you could pull off in Warframe, and finding new mods I haven't seen before is always a joy. Edited by Quetzhal

The combination of parkour and mass slaughter. I'm unable to do it down the street due to a severe lack of anything to jump off, but through Warframe, all my fantasies can come true!

So I'd go with Fantasy/Challenge =)

Edited by Transient911