Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buyable Platinum

MarMaugrim

There is no other way to obtain frames or weapons slots than buying them with platinum, and i thing thas it is right, but they are very necesary to progress and enjoy the game. It becomes boring if you cannot advance because you have no place for weapons or new frames. What if platinum were buyable with in-game money, credits? At a very expensive price, of course. 100.000 credits to buy one platinum, for example.

Thank you.

He's talking about the slots to hold the frames and weapons not the actual frames and weapons them selves (there's no bps for extra slots) However since this is a free game I personally don't like this idea. DE needs to make money and it doesn't really hinder your ability to progress through the game, you level a frame to 30 and delete him if you don't have space... rinse and repeat. Everyone started with 50 plat I think it's only 12 for an extra frame slot or 2 weapon slots... Up to you to decide how to use that 50 plat.

When you create your account, DE gives you 50 plat for free. You can use this to buy 1 frame slot and 4 weapon slots e.g. If you need more space, you can always sell a frame or weapon. Buying slots for credits ... I don't know ...

And

What if platinum were buyable with in-game money, credits?

is generally a bad idea, since plat is DE's only way to make money with this game.

Insert replies from these threads here :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/44296-an-informative-response-to-all-those-asking-for-free-plat/?hl=%2Bcredits+%2Bfor+%2Bplat

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/42504-slow-free-platinum/page-3?hl=%2Bcredits+%2Bfor+%2Bplat#entry439067

I posted 2 separate threads, there are a few more if you need more references to what the rest of this thread will be like.

I think what buy 75-150 platinum is not expensive. If you have a job or some pocket money. Another reason can be country with bad economics. Hovewer you canspend your 50 starter platinum.

Everyone who replied to this topic yet got badges of donators. It is easy to say for them.  Only weapons that are NOT purchase-able for platinum are only ones from Alert missions (anyway they are even melee weapons only -.-). I know in FAQ are those things about,that all things are for platinum. And of course only things,that could be purchase-able for platinum should be only colors,or skins (only appearance etc.) Im up for this,cause not everyone is rich and can afford it and want to play game. At least slots shall be not only for platinum.

perhaps occasionally there is a sale of slots for less platinum?  I understand the fustration, but they have to make money too, and I think sales are all over the place in retail, right?

For me mastery rank is just lvlling up frames and weapons and selling them afterwards.  nothing difficult about that until the slots starts to be filled with primes and stuff like that.  So please make those you-can't-get-again stuff come with their own slots, that'd be what I would ask for

but by offering you that seemingly difficult choice is one way to encourage you to make the splurge and buy the plat. I am not saying its awesome to be on the receiving end of this, but I can also see it from a business stand point. 

If you have time to earn 2,000,000 credits to buy a warframe slot like OP proposes AND you don't have the money to buy the $20 founders pack. Then your time might be better spent trying to find a job or finding some other way to earn money rather than sinking those hours into warframe.

Devs are here to make money too, they aren't here to make some idealistic game that is super convenient for people who aren't even going to support it.

no. it's f2p game and plat is only gamedev income from players. so no ts.

p.s. i am making ~ 250k in a day playing from work when i have time. and couple of hours at home. 100k credits is not a big amount of money. 

Ta ta

Althix.

Edited by Althix