The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Holster - Just A Bandaid?

Vanadium

Don't you love it when some new player comes in with Speed Holster, and you can switch between both your guns, your melee, and back in a second?

I'm asking what other threads ask about other mods/auras that are perceived as bandaids. Energy Siphon, Handspring, counters...

Why can't we simply do these things already? Because we're Ninjas, y'know? Haven't we taken our CQB training? Don't we know how to transition smoothly from one weapon to another? Aren't we like...hundreds of years old, at least? "We forgot that stuff in cryosleep." Apparently.

Weapon switch is just so slow, to the point it makes me dread having to switch to another gun. Our poor placement and inability to use slings for our primaries doesn't help, always having to yoga reach all the way behind our backs.

2dee46b88d00b38a18a146fb128aa1c5.jpg

This guy knows where his gun goes. Right where he can grab it. "Slings aren't super-future, pffft!" Whatever, use weird mag holsters that move around the body, or Raiden's sheathe from Revengeace. That thing moves around his body to wherever he wants to grab it.

I just think we need to be able to get to our guns faster.

Looks like something from Appleseed.

Also, I think Speed Holster would be fine if it also increased reload speeds.

Also like I've been saying Physique should increase armor to be an Effective HP Aura. Instead of "lel here's 10% of one bullet's worth of damage."

The default holstering speed is perfectly fine in general usage; using quick holster is a tactical choice not a requirement.

Quick holster is that mod you use when you want to bring weapons that have multiple different purposes and need to be switched between in an instant. Most often players bring a set of weapons that basically fill the same purpose i.e., same damage types, trigger types, etc, and cycle between those weapon rarely. In the latter example the holstering speed is really a negligible stat to worry about.

The only exception is those players who like to go from gunplay to melee intermittently and sometimes need their melee options in the middle of a fight. In this situation if you don't have quick holster the holstering speed is still fast enough for you to duck away switch weapons and head right back in to the fight.

Also if we had our weapons slung in front of us wouldn't they get in the way when we are parkouring or using melee?

Edited by Halisi

The default holstering speed is perfectly fine in general usage; using quick holster is a tactical choice not a requirement.

Quick holster is that mod you use when you want to bring weapons that have multiple different purposes and need to be switched between in an instant. Most often players bring a set of weapons that basically fill the same purpose i.e., same damage types, trigger types, etc, and cycle between those weapon rarely. In the latter example the holstering speed is really a negligible stat to worry about.

The only exception is those players who like to go from gunplay to melee intermittently and sometimes need their melee options in the middle of a fight. In this situation if you don't have quick holster the holstering speed is still fast enough for you to duck away switch weapons and head right back in to the fight.

Also if we had our weapons slung in front of us wouldn't they get in the way when we are parkouring or using melee?

Untrained civilian can put back rifle and draw pistol under a second. 

Videogames soldiers can draw a weapon under a second.

Even stallone in power fantasy expendables can draw a gun and shoot few trained soldiers before they react.

Yet futuristic ninjas with highly advanced mag holsters take over 2 seconds to change weapons.

Ppl dont bother to bring different weapons, because without speed holster it actually takes less time to reload than to switch and extra elemental combos are pointless since each faction have weakness to specific element. It isnt neglible, its simply inferior to what other auras offers.

And de further expanded this problem by requiring players to equip melee to actually use all of its features.

No we wouldnt, we would just drag them in our hand like other items(mob def data etc).

Yeah, it's a band-aid mod. Davoodoo is 100% correct. Our weapon switching is painfully slow. Part of the problem is that we can't put one weapon away while another is being drawn since some require the same or both hands to hold. I personally would prefer if our weapons did something similar to the weapons in Borderlands 2, which construct themselves in your hand when you need them. In the game it's actually referred to as digistructing (http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Digistruct) and looks really cool. Perhaps something similar to this could be put in warframe?

Edited by Ironlixivium