Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Really Are A Friendly Bunch

(XBOX)IkkNico

I had heard the legends of a gaming community, where players are both friendly and helpful to each other, but I never believed such a community existed.

Then I booted up Warframe, ran head first into an alert (defense) and got my arse handed to me by level 7. Regardless, the more powerful players took their time to revive me (over and over), and gave me some free pointers (eg. 50m rule).

It wasn't long before I found this place, and in my quest for knowledge, I asked for some recommendations, and got a Liset-load of help in return.

I log into WF this morning, and already have an invitation to a clan in my inbox.

I think I maye have stumbled into the aforementioned legend (^^,)

Who knicked the forum smileys?

Edited by (XB1)IkkNico

As with any community, especially in a forum environment, where 90% of the people here have come because they found something they think is wrong or broken, you see a lot of hate out there as well. It can be very disheartening.

However seeing things like this really puts a smile on my face. I'm glad we as a community could help you out, and I, despite not being an xbox player, am honored for your kind words towards us as a community. I hope to hear more stories like yours across all platforms, and I think posts like this are something that we, as a community, should be aiming for.

Coming from the other side of things, the best thing a new player can do is ask for advice, and work on picking up an understanding of the game.

Regardless of how new you are or how weak your gear is, communication is the greatest thing you can bring to your games. That is probably why you received the invitation, and you deserve it.

As with any community, especially in a forum environment, where 90% of the people here have come because they found something they think is wrong or broken, you see a lot of hate out there as well. It can be very disheartening.

However seeing things like this really puts a smile on my face. I'm glad we as a community could help you out, and I, despite not being an xbox player, am honored for your kind words towards us as a community. I hope to hear more stories like yours across all platforms, and I think posts like this are something that we, as a community, should be aiming for.

This^ 

Helping newer players out, be it through the forum or in-game could be the difference between someone playing the game a couple of times and moving on, or someone (like me) who stays with the game, to collect all the things, follow the lore, help newer players progress.

Thus keeping a positive trend towards people sticking with the game for the long run.

Holy-leather-wrapped-spellchecker Batman, I really should make it a habit to proof read my posts.

Thanks for all the replies gents. They just further assured me of the legends being true. I also noticed that veterans gladly give essential mods to newbies, eg. Serration, in a pay-it-forward kind of way. Melikes.

I already found a nice group of people to play with. Laid back and occasional drop-outs (as in they'll leave WF to itself for months at a time, and then drop back in when they get the itch. Probably what i'll do as well).

This really is a great community I have found. I am still very new, am stubborn about the aesthetics of my armor/weapons over power/speed, and will need a revive a few times depending on the mission, but I still get invites to help out and do my best each round and the more veterans players have never left me hanging or treated me with contempt as I have witnessed in other games (computer and table top!). Honestly, if I turn down an invite, it's because I'm working on a specific mission or quest at the moment and not because I don't want to help fellow players. So I guess to parrot the OP's sentiments, thanks to everyone here that has sent me an invite and been more than willing to answer questions. It truly has been a great experience so far on this ride!

I still love all my fellow space nijas, even the 2 giving me the silent treatment today, since they were kind enough to wait once they had cleared rooms with yheir awesome powers and fireworks.

The game itself however is not so friendly. Booted me out of a nice juicy alert, where I was totally (almost and kind of) pwning grineer.