Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One Small Change For Man, One Big Fix For Warframe

Ironlixivium

I believe there was a thread like this around a while ago with a bunch of really good ideas, but just was way too big of a leap to get much support. I just thought that, maybe that entire thread couldn't be done in one update, but what about the first Idea in it, that wouldn't change much: make the single stat bonus damage mods default and rank up with the weapon.

I don't mean heavy cal, elementals, or any of that, just serration, pressure point, etc. have them rank up every 3 levels or something to act like a maxed mod when the weapon is at rank 30. This would just help a little bit to remove the choice between utility mods and damage mods. 

So what do you think?

P.S. I don't take credit for this idea, but it is in a way a separate one than the one from the original post I mentioned. The other one had about 10 additional massive game changers in it, making it different enough that I thought this deserved it's own thread.

Edited by Ironlixivium

This might be just me being elitist, but I don't think everyone should just get the equivalent of a rank 10 serration or hornet strike just for leveling up a weapon. I worked hard to level mine up and just giving it to everyone is pretty unfair. 

Other than that, ranking up staple mods is part of Warframe. It's an unique experience to slowly rank up your serration until you finally have enough to R10 it. That feeling of accomplishment is something that all players should experience at some point or another. 

Anyways, serration is one of those mods that trivializes early content. It's not a good idea to give low level players a R10 serration as soon as they level their first set of weapons. That'll just make players insanely powerful

Just my two cents

It's not a fix. It does not fix anything. To balance, DE would have to remove a Mod slot.

Unless you seriously think you would get EXTRA damage from the built in Serration and then MORE damage from adding what basically amount to a ninth slot damage Mod into the weapon.

Unless your idea AUTOMATICALLY also uses up Mod points, it's not happening.

Edited by DSpite