Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scythe

Sorakamii

Just an idea but wouldnt an energy scythe be preety cool.Swings slightly slower than the Fragore but has 60 damage and a higher cutting chance.The sneak attack could be you "reaping the soul"of an enemy...and by that i mean stabbing it in their stomach and slicing them in half.The ground attack could rip a crack in the floor and strange figures could come out and drag enemies into the hole with them.The eletric,and fire mods could turn the figures on fire or show electricity.

I actually just had a stalker attack me, with his new weapons. He was using a Paris and what appeared to be a scythe, future weapon for the tenno perhaps? It didn't look like any weapon we have available currently.

http://imgur.com/GDL2fiN

I may be mistaken and am forgetting a weapon, but that looks like a future scythe to me. Correct me if I'm wrong

Edited by Dr_Watson

Apparently there's one coming with the Frost Prime update.

Source: The Frost Prime promotional poster.

Yes, but at the same time when they were asked about the equipment Frost Prime was holding in the Live Stream they stated that it was going to be released later. Personally I hope not too much later, because I want a scythe so I can run around yelling "I'M AM BECOME DEATH, DESTROYING OF WORLDS, FEAR ME!!!!" and then slicing stuff. ^.^

To these

Apparently there's one coming with the Frost Prime update.

Source: The Frost Prime promotional poster.

Yea, the Frost prime picture featured a scythe so hopefully that will come with update 8.

This

they announced that the weapons in the frost prime picture will not be out in update 8 but they didnt say that the weapons wont be added at all so hopefully sometime after 8 they release it

But at the same time, this.

Yes, but at the same time when they were asked about the equipment Frost Prime was holding in the Live Stream they stated that it was going to be released later. Personally I hope not too much later, because I want a scythe so I can run around yelling "I'M AM BECOME DEATH, DESTROYING OF WORLDS, FEAR ME!!!!" and then slicing stuff. ^.^

First of all that the stalkers Scythe and the Scythe of Frost Prime look vastly different.

They are both very cool, however, and I want them asap.

Lets be realistic though.

Stalker Scythe is probably just a new Skin for Scindo, albeit a very cool one. He is also using a reskinned Paris (at least quiver and arrows).

Frost Prime Scythe is probably a single Zoren Prime.

Edited by Lord.Finster

I actually just had a stalker attack me, with his new weapons. He was using a Paris and what appeared to be a scythe, future weapon for the tenno perhaps? It didn't look like any weapon we have available currently.

http://imgur.com/GDL2fiN

I may be mistaken and am forgetting a weapon, but that looks like a future scythe to me. Correct me if I'm wrong

Am I the only one that thinks that it just looks like a large pickaxe?

I've never seen a scythe with two blades, and I'm really not a fan of the Stalkers "scythe" (if it could even be called one)

I've always seen a scythe as something that looks large and scary/menacing.

Something like this (would have to be more futuristic)

11qldts.jpg

It could just be me, but I just don't like the look of the Stalker's scythe...

*Edit*

Reading the replies about the Frost Prime promotional poster, I don't think it's a scythe, looks more like a kama. (basically a one handed scythe)

muk6lc.jpg

The handle is way to short to be considered a scythe.

Edited by Nugget_

@MiniKAD  You do have some good points, the Stalkers current melee skin does kinda look like a pickaxe (personally I hope it's a place holder skin as it doesn't look as good as most of the other weapons), but I kind of hope it was just artistic leeway, whoever designed it may just have liked the idea of a double bladed (or partially extended blade) scythe.
I had noticed the shorter handle on the Frost Prime Promo too when it first came out, I honestly wrote it off as a perception thing with it being tilted giving the illusion of a shorter handle. I didn't even really consider a Kama, but that'd actually be pretty cool too (provided that they'll slightly longer than the ones I've seen in person, most of the ones I've seen would give you less range than the Dual Zorens).

The thing the Frost prime is holding is most likened to a Kama, and the European equivalents would be either sickle (stop calling a 1 handed object a scythe...) or a pickaxe (the weapon, not mining tool).

Incidentally the stalker's weapon is almost closer to a horseman's pick than a scythe.