The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What "tubemen"'s Lore Was Probably Intended To Be

TARINunit9

The laboratory lay in ruin. The Tenno had arrived.

The Grineer had responded in force, but as always it amounted to little, barely even slowing the Tenno down. Blockades had turned into piles of bloody, bullet-riddled armor. Butchers had been butchered in turn by some of the galaxy's finest and fastest blades. The ceiling dripped with blood and the floors were slicked with gore. The upper levels had been flooded entirely as the Tenno tore apart the pumping station to override the security protocols on elevator shafts

Tyl Regor's laboratory hadn't fared any better. The alarms had barely gone off before the meager guard posting had been annihilated. Now Tyl Regor's work lay in shambles, cloning tubes broken open, research drones fried with their own EMP testing equipment, and the prototype Manic Bombard torn to shreds.

The lead Tenno took a moment to reload when something caught his attention out of the corner of his eye. Some of Tyl's notes, on a terminal that was inexplicably still functioning despite all the damage to the electrical grid. The Tenno racked his weapon, ready to snuff out Tyl's work as Lotus had requested

Something pinged in his earpiece. He had a message in his inbox. It was Alad V. Why would Alad V bother to contact the Tenno?
"W-wait! Tenno! If you're in Tyl Regor's secret *wheeze* cloning labs, could you do me a quick favor?" That was a lot to ask of the Tenno, coming from Alad V's mouth. "That terminal there, it contains some of the data on the Grineer genome... if you would be so kind as to downoad it for me. I can't access it myself, but the Lotus has agreed to a drop-off location, if you're willing. I'll even reimburse you... *wheeze* a vintage Karak Wraith, for your troubles."

This was an odd request, but it seemed harmless enough. Hacking the system to allow Lotus access would take but fifteen seconds of the Tenno's time, in exchange for a Karak Wraith? Seemed like an easy deal.

But as the Tenno's fingers reached for the terminal, another message reached his inbox. It was from the system's latest conman, Nef Anyo. "Why would you listen to such an offer, Tenno? Alad V's petty means are beneath your requests. And to think he would offer you a weapon with such poor ammo economy? For shame. Go on, trash the last of Tyl Regor's data! There's even a shiny new Dera Vandal in it for you if you just leave Alad V to wither like the corpse he's become." The message cut out there

Now the Tenno was torn, with a left hand cradling a gun that could obliterate the data in an instant, the other holding a hack cipher that would complete the other request just as quickly. To think, after so much destruction to Tyl Regor's research, the most profitable reward all boiled down to one sparking, flickering data terminal