Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will You Still Use Rhino Now?

Eisvogel

Yes, I will still use Rhino. I always love being the tank class in games and when I saw Rhino for the first time, I fell in love. He will always be my favorite, even if they nerfed Iron skin to the point that all it did was make him cry in the corner. I'm sure he will get buffed somewhere in the future, so I will stay by his side!

Rhino isn't viable anymore, our player skill and the upgraded mods/weapons is all he has going for him. Our efforts could be put to better use on another warframe.

Skill? The moment you become immune to damage for nearly 30 seconds, skill goes out the window.

Skill? The moment you become immune to damage for nearly 30 seconds, skill goes out the window.

So..... clicking 2 and 3 infinitely with trin is skill? XD..... using saryn and obliterate anything is skill?...... get energy siphon and perma cast snow globe with frost is skill?

No disrespect strud, but really... what is this skill you talk about? Also... it's not like having a full modded hek or braton or boltor and just clicking is skill either so.... what exactly do you mean?

I think of the nerf as the enemies upgrading and adapting to this big "immortal" being charging left and right and taking hits like a boss. I'll still use him, I just have to use more stun from the shottys. 

Can't get hit if they keep getting stunned xD

I think of the nerf as the enemies upgrading and adapting to this big "immortal" being charging left and right and taking hits like a boss. I'll still use him, I just have to use more stun from the shottys. 

Can't get hit if they keep getting stunned xD

That's a great way to think about it! :D

Nope.  The Rhino is inferior to all other Warframes at this point.  Anything he can do, other frames do much better.

And to think, all it took was a single nerf.

Really makes you wonder why there was no one on the forums, trying to get his other 3 abilities buffed.

Apparently, having a God Mode button means that you have no need for lesser skills.

Edited by Strudelhouse

Essentially, because all powers draw on the same pool of energy, a warframe only really needs one good power to be effective. Different powers can increase versatility somewhat, but because using one means you're using another less, they really don't change the overall power of a frame much.

Sorry, getting tired. :p

I agree, but you shouldn't only rely on just a single ability when learning how to play a frame. Otherwise, when nerfs go out, you'll wind up with a frame that you think is worthless, because your only skill with the frame, was mashing a god mode button. You should learn how to use all the abilities of your frame, and use them based on the situation your facing.

Having a single ability that nullifies everything, and makes the rest of your abilities worthless, doesn't teach you anything except, "Run in, hit button, collect rewards." Where's the fun in that, honestly? That's a lazy man's way to play the game, and frankly, when you get to that point, you may as well just quit. You will lose interest sooner or later anyways, because all you do is mash that god button over and over and over and over and over, and never take damage. Ever.

I've been browsing the forums for awhile tonight, and it's kind of funny really. One one side of the fence, you have Rhino players who used their other skills, talking about how they are going to continue playing the frame. On the other side of the fence, you have a large group of Rhino players who only pressed 1 button to get 'free lewts', talking about how Rhino is garbage now, and they are quitting, and they are boycotting the game with their wallets (actually just 1 guy for this, but it was funny enough to mention), etc.

Is Rhino currently broken? Yes. They've stated that an unintended bug snuck in with the nerf. But that aside, perhaps buffing his other abilities would make up for the 20% reduction nerf?

Will You Still Use Rhino Now?

No. I have no reason to.

Tanking - Frost is good enough. And I hear Trinity is god or something?

Crowd Control - Nyx and Frost are better.

Melee/Damage - Excalibur and Ash are better.

And to think, all it took was a single nerf.

Really makes you wonder why there was no one on the forums, trying to get his other 3 abilities buffed.

Apparently, having a God Mode button means that you have no need for lesser skills.

people had been saying his other abilities are S#&$ for a long time, they just didnt listen, IS just made him workable in the mean time

Edited by Ecotox

The problem is.... the nerf didn't make the other abilities worthless.... they already were, so now there's no reason to use him, everybody knows that. Not questionable.

If you don't know how to play rhino, i understand this... but you shouldn't voice opinions without facts and having tested yourself. As i already explained, there's no point in using him anymore.... because he lost the only last ability that made him unique and worth using. Now any other frame can do the job, better, faster.... no point in using him, that's all.

The problem is.... the nerf didn't make the other abilities worthless.... they already were, so now there's no reason to use him, everybody knows that. Not questionable.

If you don't know how to play rhino, i understand this... but you shouldn't voice opinions without facts and having tested yourself. As i already explained, there's no point in using him anymore.... because he lost the only last ability that made him unique and worth using. Now any other frame can do the job, better, faster.... no point in using him, that's all.

Plus he is the slowest frame of them all.

I definitely won't unless I'm extremely bored and have nothing better to do.

Only reason I even made Rhino and used him was because I heard his "Iron Skin" was basically god mode. I also seen many using Rhino Stomp which I thought was pretty awesome. So I made him and instantly use my Fusion Cores to max out all his skills.

Rhino stomp was pretty dam bad. It did very very little damage. Then I used his Iron Skin against a mob of level 40 Grineer. Needless to say I fell in love.

Now I don't think it's worth playing him. Even though his base armor is higher than all the other frames, it's still doesn't prevent him from dying any slower when surrounded compare to other frames. Plus he is still as hell.

I know Frost is slow too, but at least Frost does damage and has Snow Globe. As long as you're inside the Snow Globe you're completely safe. Then his Avalanche which will instantly kill off all normal mobs.

So in conclusion, no I won't be using Rhino anymore. He has no more uses nor is he useful anymore.

I won't use it anymore until it "fixed".

Rhino - "Iron Skin" now got only 80% damage reduced.

Yes, "Only" damage reduced.

When Iron skin on, Rhino Can be Knockdown, poison, interference by Ancient(run out of energy then).

Combining with his low speed.....

COOOOL!! A moving coffin with little bit more shield and health has be made LOL!

150 armor rating?

Are u kidding me as it can only make u survial for 2~4 sec longer.

Tanking?

Why not just trigger the mobs and keep running LOL,

or am I supposed to turn Iron Skin on and then just die?

Crowd control?

ultimate with 100 energy which has low damage and can 100% replaced by Vauban third skill 75 energy consumed.

Third skill can be replaced by any heavy melee weapon, and without elemental effect LOL.

First skill....does it supposed to let us run away or doing damage? Every Rhino Know it.

Before U say this Nerf is reasonable,

please think about what is the role of Rhino?

And Why we choose Rhino to fit this role before?

And does it fit this anymore? NO, i said

Seriously, we don't use some ability or weapon not because of something is too OverPowered,

but Others just too useless.

Nerfing those useful things doesn't mean others become useful too,

Just all became a crap.

Hope Dev can realize this.

I am too angry and english is not my mother tongue, so please forgive my creepy grammar