Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scindo Prime - Please Bring Back The Skins!

rroorr

One of the reasons why I was farming for Scindo Prime (and eventually gave up by buying the blade with plat) was because of the Manticore Axe skin - I wanted to use it on a weapon that is actually good. However, I learned that the ability to apply skins to Scindo Prime was disabled because of a bug with attack speed connected to the skins that tweaked the weapon's stats. I imagine there had to be a bigger problem with the code that the decision to remove them completely was made, so I would like to propose separating the normal and prime variants of the skins - only the former would have stats while the latter were cosmetic. Every owner of a skin would be given both variants automatically and there would be no bugs (ideally). Both the players and DE would benefit from this, seeing how many skins Scindo currently has.

sorry but it wont probably happen anytime soon and prime weapons use a different mesh (i think) so normal skine doesnt work with so in order to have skins for them, they have to make entirely new skins which requires a lot work.

sorry but it wont probably happen anytime soon and prime weapons use a different mesh (i think) so normal skine doesnt work with so in order to have skins for them, they have to make entirely new skins which requires a lot work.

Mesh has nothing to do with it. The sole reason they removed it is because of the stat-changing skins. 

Glaive-Prime using Proto-Glaive skin

Paris-Prime using Arrow skins

(Can only assume Phased Ankryos Skin works on Ankyros Prime)

Numerous Warframe skins on Prime varints

DE is not consistent, I think the community prefers the options of skins versus DE outright banning all skins on Prime variants.

Don't forget Reaper Prime. It can equip the "Spearmint" skin, too. DE, YOU GOTTA READ THIS ASAP!!!!! I own three skins (Dagger Axe Skin, Manticore Axe Skin) and even PAID 40 platinum for the user-built "Combustion" skin. I sold the regular Scindo, too. You seriously must be kidding us!

Edited by MediumRange

Glaive-Prime using Proto-Glaive skin

Paris-Prime using Arrow skins

(Can only assume Phased Ankryos Skin works on Ankyros Prime)

Numerous Warframe skins on Prime varints

DE is not consistent, I think the community prefers the options of skins versus DE outright banning all skins on Prime variants.

actually no to that last one.

Don't forget Reaper Prime. It can equip the "Spearmint" skin, too. DE, YOU GOTTA READ THIS ASAP!!!!! I own three skins (Dagger Axe Skin, Manticore Axe Skin) and even PAID 40 platinum for the user-built "Combustion" skin. I sold the regular Scindo, too. You seriously must be kidding us!

that's cause there is a skin specifically for the reaper prime

Mesh has nothing to do with it. The sole reason they removed it is because of the stat-changing skins. 

The stat increase on that skin was negated basicly by how slow it made the weapon.

I would be fine with a non stated manticore skin though, since that thing looked awesome.

Because those skins deals extra damage or extra attack speed and makes SP even more OP than before.

That is why it was removed by DE.

Skins like Glaive skins don't actually add stats.

I already mentioned why they were removed and proposed a solution, read the entire post and not just the title.

They were bugged and only handicapped the weapon if anything.

Edited by rroorr

It's a shame they removed the ability to use skins on scindo prime, come on, was it that hard to make it so scindo prime doesnt get stats from skins?

+1

There are still enough pure non-ability skins out there. I wouldn't mind leaving out the Manticore Axe Skin, if DE would just give me back the other two skins.

Please make this happen.  The fact that I can't give it the gritty, hard-boiled Grineer look is the only reason I refuse to use it. Even if they didn't separate skins, there wouldn't be much consequence from making the skins statless, especially due to how unpopular the normal Scindo is.

Edited by Sonitorum

tbh, that only matters if it changes the texure, but if it changes the whole model, as some skins do its just as easy as puting a true next to it..., now if it just dose texure, they petty much have to re texure it.... i would know i do this stuff for work... 3D modelin n all

Glaive Prime rocks the Proto Glaive skin just fine along side the Halikar and standard Glaive. I've said the same thing during the last Devstream and DE_Meghan responded that the artists that make Prime weapons like to see the model's and things they worked so hard on actually used in game. To that I respond with this: What about the artist's who made the Skins? They're hard work gets shelved to collect dust because the prime variant of something out-classes the standard? 

TL;DR

Allow us to use our Scindo skins (stats or not) on Scindo Prime please DE. For the love of skins. Please DE.

• 4 weeks later...