Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Tesla Grenade Leveling Needs Work

Jumba255

Instead of increasing range it should increase the fire rate of the discharge to make it a truly great power and not just the same one you started with.

I have used it so many times (favorite power) that i cannot stress enough that the range really doesn't matter on this thing because if you are out in the open the enemies either group up or find cover. Then i throw it at them and they take about 10 seconds to die when it could be 3.

Reduce the time between discharges by 1 second every level and then it will fire accordingly but probably last less time because i haven't had one run out yet so I'm guessing its the number of discharges it has before despawn.

OR

have the grenade discharge multiple shocks each time (up to five, think that would be enough for corpus at later levels?)

I can throw 7 atm and it will take care of a crowd within seconds, the trick is to not throw them all at once, so when one fires, the next one fries, and so on...that way you get the best usage, but on defense this will work once since it'll stop while the wave resumes, then they'll fire at once, but hey, they last a minute and some change (: "Focus" helps also, I have "Stretch" just for the other powers but this makes their range quiet handy too.

I do understand both of you and i know he has energy up the butt but i dont want to waste 150 of it just throwing them for one big group.

I don't feel like it should kill either (although i took down mercury and Saturn boss alone lol) thats why it would have a faster fire rate and not more damage.

I know that this "isn't other games" but most tesla grenades i have seen have a massive burst or many tendrils of electricity coming out at once and how cool would that be to see that in Warframe. Epicly cool

Edited by Jumba255

I can throw 7 atm and it will take care of a crowd within seconds, the trick is to not throw them all at once, so when one fires, the next one fries, and so on...that way you get the best usage, but on defense this will work once since it'll stop while the wave resumes, then they'll fire at once, but hey, they last a minute and some change (: "Focus" helps also, I have "Stretch" just for the other powers but this makes their range quiet handy too.

defense is the only place where that is true. the energy cost is negated thanks to all the mobs and you can just keep throwing them out there. to serve as either a "shock" barrier to a bunch of things or have them focus down a single enemy. 

in other mission times their killing ability goes way down. it is sometimes not worth the cost to use that many as using 4 nades to kill a group could be done faster and easier to use vortex. space and closeness of enemies allowing.

hard to justify their use as a killing tool considering their low damage even on corpus. much less on grineer and they are worthless on infested as far as i can tell. 

still nice to throw one or two to keep some things stunned. or to start work on one group while you shoot another. 

one way or another is a fun as hell skill.

defense is the only place where that is true. the energy cost is negated thanks to all the mobs and you can just keep throwing them out there. to serve as either a "shock" barrier to a bunch of things or have them focus down a single enemy. 

in other mission times their killing ability goes way down. it is sometimes not worth the cost to use that many as using 4 nades to kill a group could be done faster and easier to use vortex. space and closeness of enemies allowing.

hard to justify their use as a killing tool considering their low damage even on corpus. much less on grineer and they are worthless on infested as far as i can tell. 

still nice to throw one or two to keep some things stunned. or to start work on one group while you shoot another. 

Das what im sayin

specially the fun as hell part, yeah definitly

Edited by Jumba255

That he does, he has so much energy up there he could extract on his own, no ship needed. But understandable, if it would also stun it'd be sweet, small damage + stun = super handy! Not including the heavies, of course. I use 'em often when doing my Xini runs, if there's a Loki or Saryn, just throw 'em around the decoy, walk away, stock back up on energy and kill something else : p they'll die before they take out the decoy, or before it disappears.

Well, not true I am using it for now since I can't use "Vortex" and in any mission 5-7 will kill a group no problem, and usually someone has "Energy Siphon" and containers helping as well as regular orb drops, so no energy scarcity so far. It works better against Corpus imo, on infested I see electric dmg as not very well suited : p but still use it, why not!

I like using "Bounce" occasionally just to mess around watching enemies fly up or get tossed sideways super far XD

Edited by OrtuOcelot

I like using "Bounce" occasionally just to mess around watching enemies fly up or get tossed sideways super far XD

Whats up with bounce anyway? it costs 50 energy to move someone? Why not 10 like superjump, then it would be awesome!

i just got one to stick to my sentinel.

just saying, its crazy fun.

Lol, yeah it's fun, it's also fun to stick your buddies and watch them freak out : p

Whats up with bounce anyway? it costs 50 energy to move someone? Why not 10 like superjump, then it would be awesome!

It stays there for maybe 30 seconds? And it can either lift or push both enemies and friendlies, I just use it to mess around, or useful in some missions where you need to climb that "spiral" type climb/descent on that one grinner map, just for the lazies : p But compared to "Super Jump", which only affects you, "Bounce" is more "versatile" for lack of a better word, I'm alright with the 50 cost, maybe I'll use "Streamline" to spam some abilities : D

Edited by OrtuOcelot

Have to say I don't really get how you feel. I'll use 3 at a time since I have flow, streamline, energy siphon on and they will take out just about any enemy that passes by. haven't tried on higher up levels like Pluto yet though. Really fun to cover a demigod rhino in them and watch him charge in against a boss :D.

Have to say I don't really get how you feel. I'll use 3 at a time since I have flow, streamline, energy siphon on and they will take out just about any enemy that passes by. haven't tried on higher up levels like Pluto yet though. Really fun to cover a demigod rhino in them and watch him charge in against a boss :D.

Yeah on Xini 10 should control a group of about 10 or so regular infested, that is if they're distracted by a decoy, other wise, placing them near the paths to the pod yields less but decent results. I'm sure on lower levels I could solo with Vauban, with "Tesla" and "Bestille, yep : p

So you don't think that the power being buffed is good?

I have had the same effect with MK-1 Braton and shock mods maxed, all you do is spray into a group and they are all stuned while this thing only does 1 every 3 seconds with horrible damage against grineer and infested.

No sense in wasting 150+ energy to stun a group that can be taken care of faster with 20 bullets and some meleeing.

So you don't think that the power being buffed is good?

I have had the same effect with MK-1 Braton and shock mods maxed, all you do is spray into a group and they are all stuned while this thing only does 1 every 3 seconds with horrible damage against grineer and infested.

No sense in wasting 150+ energy to stun a group that can be taken care of faster with 20 bullets and some meleeing.

Agreed, Tesla is horrible against everything but Corpus and it's mostly useless unless you're playing defense.

Agreed, Tesla is horrible against everything but Corpus and it's mostly useless unless you're playing defense.

He/she gets it.

The added fire rate or tendrils will definitely make this usable in any mission but not enough for it to be OP.

Did anyone notice a steep decrease in the damage Tesla does recently?

I notice that Tesla, once ranked, does S#&$ damage. Especially true during Rank 2. Rank 0 Tesla does the most damage. If this was a bug, fix it. If not, balance the damages.

Edited by matrixEXO

Have you tested that for sure? I thought it was complete crap so I leveled it to max right away. I noticed the damage went down sometime last night though.

Nope. Don't have a spare level 0 Tesla. Gonna try grinding Infested to see if I can get a piece to test it out.