Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tubemen Of Regor 25: The Event, And Your Thoughts.

WASPelite

For the passed week, after update 16.5 there has been an event going called Tubemen of Regor 25. It introduced amazing tilesets to tease for the upcoming update 17, and it gave an introduction and some form of an idea to a great rework of Tyl Regor. The voices were great, the interaction between characters was enjoyable, and that really helps developing the game in the since of giving it more plot which it's, in my personal opinion, lacked.

In doing events, it draws players to invest their time in enjoying new content from DE which is awesome that they do, creating more and more content for players to take in. Also it's great to have a game developer that takes so much time to really listen to players and try to provide what they want.

All this being said, I do have a complaint about the event. The tileset was perfect, so no issues with this. The inovation of what was involved with the event wasn't new and rather repeated to missions we have before, but I don't find it to be exaclty a bad thing. The negative I've found, is what players had to go through to get rewards that compared to passed events could be considered mediocer, with said passed events taking much less time to complete.

Ignoring the reasoning behind it, lets say the player gets onto warframe for the last two days of the event. I personally believe if there is 48 hours left in an event to participate, that the individual should be able to complete that event in said time. Lets extend to 72 hours. Again the event in a game should be able to be completed. After going through region chat, I've found that many in that amount of time, spent hours playing the event, without being able to finish based on the active conflicts not finishing in time for them to get their reward for time spent playing.

I find this to be a step back in the way events should be run rewards wise, along with a step back for a game that is trying to find solutions to remove the sense of grinding. When you have to do the same mission over and over, wait hours on end for the next active mission, do it again, wait, and do it again, that in itself masks over the good parts of the event and really highlights the bad.

These are my thoughts and opinions of the event. I ask everyone to post their thoughts, and opinions and tell us what you liked and disliked from the latest event.

Edited by WASPelite

Gracias Español y Ingles. tu Proximos Week Update 17 Tombs of sentients "Devstream" ok . :) Rework Excalibur , Rework Tyl regor , Raids = Rework J3-golem Epic boss , (Rework Stalker) , Parkour 2.0 , new Starchar "Map 3.0"? ,Warframe : Yin yang y monkey king "mono" ? xD  , prime : Ash prime , Vectis prime y Ciarrer prime , new arma ? .... no esta "Arma Mios". :'v 

I thought this event was excellent, it offered two good rewards on conflicting sides, and had an auto-balance mechanic that actually worked fairly well.

People were just upset that they couldn't milk the event for all the rewards they wanted easily, when the Karak and Dera were loyalty rewards, so the entire point of earning them was to display some loyalty.

I work a fulltime job and was very easily able to achieve 4 completions for my side of choice, everything after that was purely icing on the cake for me.

I came out of the event richer, with more cores and with a new gun + reactor.

All the complaints I see aimed at the event are complaining that to maximize the event they had to play both sides, when I am pretty sure that was the entire point of the reward balances shifting. It was supposed to turn a one sided affair into a more heated competition between sides.

The event had 25 separate active conflicts across almost two weeks, with several conflicts bugging out and rewarding multiple points erroneously.  If you failed to get four points during the event, you either...

A)  Had almost no playtime for an extended period of time.

B)  Procrastinated until it was too late.

C)  Switched sides so often it made Tyl Regor's head spin.

D)  Got very, very unlucky.

My responses:

A)  Then an extension wouldn't have helped any.

B)  This is why laziness is bad.

C)  You got what you deserved, you short-thinking mercenary.

D)  I feel sorry for you.

It pains me that Alad V won this.

But from another perspective, I still got a fully built and overcharged weapon.

And Alad's message to Nef's supporters sounds kinder than what his supporters get, weird.

I agree. I play part time and I played on both sides not knowing that this would affect my score. Midway through the event I stopped doing this and played for Alad V. I still could not get my 4/4 nodes no matter how many games I played. And I played a lot. I also don't understand all the hatred for those of us who were just confused and not trying to screw things up.

Most of the conflicts occurred in the first two days as people pushed Alad towards victory, Nef caught up with a mad flurry of potatoes and cores, and then people repledged their allegiance to the edge gun. Things slowed down massively after that. One particular conflict lasted well over 24 hours.

However you look at it, there was a lot of room for improvement. People who can only play on the weekends were very hard pressed to complete this event because everything had crawled to a standstill by then.

Overall I think it wasn't bad, but I do feel the End reward being known, especially since it isn't a new weapon. Players chose a side based on that item, rather than who they liked. That is a symptom of a weaker lore (which DE is working on). I think having two NEW weapons, so people don't know anything more than the name and what it looks like would be better. Of course that is more work for DE, so perhaps not having the weapons known and / or only having a single weapon as the end reward, regardless of the side you pick.

I know this is Undersea Labs 1.0 but I was disappointed that the Liset did not travel through the Uranian sea to get to the labs cut scene, also I think instead of the same tired Grineer wall textures it would have been nice for them to be overgrown with coral and other undersea types of textures, maybe for Undersea Labs 2.0? The event itself I think was great for those players who are either beginning to mid-level, but I think for Veterans it would become boring and tedious. IMHO if your working full time or not I can't see anyway of not finishing this event with the amount of time given for it so IMHO any complaints to that effect are not valid. I don't believe there should have been any kind of balancing mechanic I believe both sides should have offered the same rewards thus letting the players actually choose a side by there on discretion and not be manipulated by the game into a course other than a true choice. All in all I think the event was not bad also I forgot to mention it was very solo friendly.  

Thank you all for your thoughts and opinions on this Event. All of your statements are well noted and something I wanted to see listed on the forums as I do find that most of the times if someone finds an event bad, or stated by some, last minute, the only thing listed would be complaints with no positives in the mix.

I'd just like to thank Pendragon1951 for mentioning something that should have been stated in my original post that this event was indeed solo friendly, as I myself enjoyed this event much more when playing it on my own.

I do still stand by my statements listed above, both the positive and negative mentions. None of the comments on this page do I wish to be bashing the game, but more a critique on the event and what it brought to the game as a whole. I hope to hear more of your comments to see what you think of the event, it's outcome, and most of all how you think it contributes to the game as a whole for the upcoming update 17.

events that lead to game changing Lore shouldnt get to be decided by a gaggle of new/underaged/weeblewabbles that dont care or even have any idea as to what they are doing or why in such an easy exploitable manner

events that get released should be tailored towards making a choice and sticking to it and not flip flopping all over the place

look at this past event through the eyes of someone who has no knowledge of past events, and its obvious what the end result was going to be. Shouldnt be like that. Actions should have repercussions, choices should matter, decisions should count for something

free for all grab &#! events that determine future events for months and even years for everyone are craptastic

The tileset was just a long run with many different paths to get lost down when trying to speedrun through where you ignore all the enemies until you got to the target and then faff about, It wasn't special in anyway just one long corridor.

The lore didn't matter one bit, i wanted the best rewards so i swapped sides, i swapped that much i never got a useless weapon that i would level up once and never use again but the lore will never bother me because it never has any meaningful impact on the game so why should i care?

Rewards were the only thing i cared about, some of the best ones were when i was asleep and i missed them and ended up waiting hours for the pitiful 25k v25k to be done with, i got a fair amount of cores and the odd potato but no weapon but i swapped sides anyways and can't say it would replace my current.

ATM event was the worst but most of the events i have turned up for if im around at the time i do for rewards like mods or whatever, not really too fussed i do them and move on and most of the time move back to the void to grind for more useful stuff, can't say that any of the events i have played in are really good, most seem borefests.

4/10 at best.