Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gun Sounds Are A Let Down.

AttackNitro

I just wanted to make this thread to express my feelings about gun sounds in warframe currently.

In general I think it's pretty obvious that the warframe developers want warframe to be an innovative - or at least unique game - and that comes across very much so with the gameplay aspects as well as the fantastic art and design that the design team having been producing. Honestly I don't think i can praise the art/design of warframe enough.

However, I don't feel like the same can be said about the sound team at DE... at all.

When it comes to weapons, you guys seem to be aiming for the blandest, most boring sounds possible. That isn't to say there are no good sounding guns (the Strun Wraith and Grinlok are two of my favourite sounding) but the vast majority of guns sound unappealing, mediocre in quality or just simply don't even sound like guns. Guns lack umph and power, the distinctive crack of supersonic bullets.

Few weapons have the cool factor with their audio that they desperately need, and even the former coolest gun in the game - Braton Vandal - had its titled stripped  from it when some genius decided it needed to sound less cool and more generic like the rest of the game. 

I shall stop here to avoid rambling too much, but as the sound devs have so far demonstrated complete apathy for most feedback I won't expect anything from this.

I don't agree, they did a good job at keeping faction guns distinct. You could tell by the sound what is shooting at you. Maybe we just need an extra slider for audio in options to turn the volume up for the shots. That way I think you would be enjoying it more too. 

i have your exactly same thought, i usually equip weapon just becouse firing them is satisfying, the best-sounding weapon atm are imo :

regular braton, buzlock, akmagnus, tetra, akbolto

i have a 7.1 home theatre sound system and these weapon just sound amazing, expecially when using bass enhancer

i have your exactly same thought, i usually equip weapon just becouse firing them is satisfying, the best-sounding weapon atm are imo :

regular braton, buzlock, akmagnus, tetra, akbolto

i have a 7.1 home theatre sound system and these weapon just sound amazing, expecially when using bass enhancer

And the Lex Prime? That one's best in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't agree, they did a good job at keeping faction guns distinct. You could tell by the sound what is shooting at you. Maybe we just need an extra slider for audio in options to turn the volume up for the shots. That way I think you would be enjoying it more too. 

AH YES.... Like how they took away the old braton vandal sound and replaced it with the regular braton sound?

The Latron Prime really does it for me.  It's just a space pistol type sound.  Compared to the regular Latron which is a quiet gun sound, it's not even that good.  A larger caliber rifle should be LOUD!  Some of the weapons sound like you would expect though, in either realistic or Hollywood foley artist terms.