Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Simple Suggestion To Help Guide New Players

OGD2

With the changes made to the weapons in this patch, I think it's important that DE makes it a little more clear to new players that most weapons are actually buildable via blueprint.

With even fewer weapons buyable with credits, new players may take one look at the weapon selection screen and get a bad first impression of Warframe. Who knows how many new players have already done the same!

What I'd like to suggest is pretty simple. Maybe you guys and gals at DE could put some kind of mark or indicator on the weapons that you can build through blueprints. That might help uninformed (new) players understand how the game works since there is very little in-game guidance at this point.

I was thinking maybe a (CRAFTABLE) or a colored asterisk next to the applicable equipment. The asterisk could have an explanation somewhere else on the screen.

EDIT:

Another idea is that DE could adjust the order of the Market. Instead of showing the entire set of platinum options first, they could alternate between the two. For instance, instead of showing:

LATRON (225p) SNIPETRON (225p) HEK (225p) etc. etc...

LATRON BP (###c) SNIPETRON BP (###c) HEK BP (###c) etc. etc...

DE could change it to:

LATRON (225p) LATRON BP (###c) SNIPETRON (225p)

SNIPETRON BP (###c) HEK (225P) HEK BP (###c) etc. etc...

That way, a new player doesn't have to go through pages and pages of mostly platinum only before they hit the blueprints. All of the platinum only options may be intimidating for new players, but if they immediately see the blueprint next to the platinum option, their minds may be put at ease.

Any thoughts?

EDIT:

This suggestion may help reduce posts like these: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/46549-but-what-the-heck-has-happened-to-the-market/

Edited by OGD2

I don't see how someone would think everything has to be bought through actual money to begin with, I mean, the blueprints are right there on the market and I realized that the first time I played the game. It's not like it isn't obvious that there's more than one page in there, or is it not?

You'd be surprised...

With the way a lot of F2P games are these days, I wouldn't be surprised if some players look at the weapon screen, see all the platinum options, and just assume that's how things are.

Edited by OGD2

Another idea is that DE could adjust the order of the Market. Instead of showing the entire set of platinum options first, they could alternate between the two. For instance, instead of showing:

LATRON (225p) SNIPETRON (225p) HEK (225p) etc. etc...

LATRON BP (###c) SNIPETRON BP (###c) HEK BP (###c) etc. etc...

DE could change it to:

LATRON (225p) LATRON BP (###c) SNIPETRON (225p)

SNIPETRON BP (###c) HEK (225P) HEK BP (###c) etc. etc...

That way, a new player doesn't have to go through pages and pages of mostly platinum only before they hit the blueprints. All of the platinum only options may be intimidating for new players, but if they immediately see the blueprint next to the platinum option, their minds may be put at ease.

Actually... I think I'll add this to the main post.

Edited by OGD2

Would be nice if they did the samething for the arsenal as well. Call me stupid I guess, but when I started the game, clicked the button to view my weapons, I saw all this platinum and was like 'Oh okay. So those are weapons I can't use right now.' I assumed such until I looked that the market place. Then saw the blue prints.

Same thing can happen with less favorable results right now. MUCH less favorable. If I'll do it, someone else will.

My simple suggestion to guide new players would be to simply not encourage them to play the game in the first place. Not because it's bad, it's rather quite fun once you manage to get anywhere, it's just that the game is so unfriendly to newbies now to the point of being prohibitive. You can try to pass around ideas to work with the system as it is now, but the simple fact of the matter is that the system sucks.

My simple suggestion to guide new players would be to simply not encourage them to play the game in the first place. Not because it's bad, it's rather quite fun once you manage to get anywhere, it's just that the game is so unfriendly to newbies now to the point of being prohibitive. You can try to pass around ideas to work with the system as it is now, but the simple fact of the matter is that the system sucks.

I had no problem when starting to play this. How exactly is it unfriendly to new players? (honest question btw),