Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Is Great However....

Whetshaft

Game is great However.... Daily patch is useless.

For the third time this week My PC cannot handle your 6MB update which gets pushed through the launcher EVERY DAY!!

It can handle playing the game just fine, no lag, no problem. However I have had to take my PC to a friend with a cable internet connection just to install the 6MB patch!! The patching process after Downloading the update takes FOREVER!!

This makes me go back to other games, every time I play I wait 30 minutes for the Launcher to Fail 3 out 5 times. Never used to be this bad till these last two weeks.

Launcher is Joke?

Literally this is what happens:

I open Launcher

It downloads the update in a few seconds

the progress bar holds at 50%

it then moves about 2 pixels every 3 minutes until it gets to 75% where it freezes for 15 minutes

Then if i have still have time to play any games it takes another 30 minutes to finish.

I have a family. I don't have this much time to watch an update bar. So I inevitably don't play Warframe. If I have an hour or two free to play some games, I don't want to spend half watching it NOT PATCHING

PLEASE OPTIMISE LAUNCHER / UPDATE PROCESS FOR THE LOVE OF EYESTRAIN

Edited by Whetshaft

I downloaded the update no problem on my laptop. Took, maybe ~5 minutes. My laptop is not for gaming but it can handle a fair few games, such as Waframe.

If it's going that slow, as suggested by the original poster saying "However I have had to take my PC to a friend with a cable internet connection just to install the 6MB patch!!" then you have some bad internet my friend. It's not the launcher. It is your side. I have experienced the same when it takes a little longer than usual, but that is down to my internet connection. Though the original poster does say he(?) can play with no issues, yet I have no issues with the launcher. So it could very well be your actual computer.

And what daily update are you on about? There are no daily updates. There was an update recently but no daily updates. If its updating every day then you're Warframe install is the problem as it could very well be missing files etc.

Recently happened in the last two weeks? Then in those two weeks something has happened for it to be suddenly occuring, check your computer for viruses and your Warframe install.

I downloaded the update no problem on my laptop. Took, maybe ~5 minutes. My laptop is not for gaming but it can handle a fair few games, such as Waframe.

If it's going that slow, as suggested by the original poster saying "However I have had to take my PC to a friend with a cable internet connection just to install the 6MB patch!!" then you have some bad internet my friend. It's not the launcher. It is your side. I have experienced the same when it takes a little longer than usual, but that is down to my internet connection. Though the original poster does say he(?) can play with no issues, yet I have no issues with the launcher. So it could very well be your actual computer.

And what daily update are you on about? There are no daily updates. There was an update recently but no daily updates. If its updating every day then you're Warframe install is the problem as it could very well be missing files etc.

Recently happened in the last two weeks? Then in those two weeks something has happened for it to be suddenly occuring, check your computer for viruses and your Warframe install.

My Internet is pretty standard for my Town. Around 2MB Broadband. Thing is Every time I play Warframe (which is every couple of Days) I have to Download a 6MB Patch, which takes FOREVER.

If nobody else has this daily Patch, then something is broken.

I have an i7 ivy bridge machine with Nvida GTX560 Ti. It runs other games no problem, I have Low ping on my PS3 and PC when playing games so this is all very confusing, unless something is up with the Launcher.

If anyone has had trouble and knows of a Fix that would be great. This normally takes 5 minutes as you say, but today (third time this week) I just wasted an Hour waiting on a Patch that is STILL not completed

It Downloads fine, but when it is installing the Launcher (or patching process) crashes!

And what daily update are you on about? There are no daily updates. There was an update recently but no daily updates.

Seriously??? 

If there are no small iterative updates, I am at a loss as I have always been getting these since I started with Warframe a few months back :/

I don't think it really downloads anything now, I restarted the launcher and it just goes up to 95% and freezes. I guess I will have to force reinstall later. No time left now. Only took an hour an 20 minutes

:( not a great experience for my Sat Morning. Been Trolled by the Launcher pretty Hard.

Edited by Whetshaft

Have to back BK up, on this one.
I am not sure about the frequency, it seemed often to me - however those Hotfixes are downloaded in a couple of seconds. The only thing that takes a bit of time is the installing - at the end of the launcher process, but even that is hardly imperceptible. Not sure what is going wrong on your end, I can garantee you that it isn't the game/launcher.

Have to back BK up, on this one.

I am not sure about the frequency, it seemed often to me - however those Hotfixes are downloaded in a couple of seconds. The only thing that takes a bit of time is the installing - at the end of the launcher process, but even that is hardly imperceptible. Not sure what is going wrong on your end, I can garantee you that it isn't the game/launcher.

You just explained the problem right there ^ The install of the micro update is not working. It may work for you. Lucky you. It does not work for me. Unlucky me.

So you can't guarantee it's not the launcher really can you? :) It's pretty clear something is going wrong with the installation of these small updates.

I could get my laptop and try and see if the problem is still happening on that, but I have lost an hour and a half and It's time to go get Lunch with my Kids now.

Pork Ribs come before Gaming Bro's ;)

also on a side note, my buddy I have been trying to play can't post because he needs to activate his account, despite having played with me for several weeks.....

I can't play, he can't post. Both of us, Thoroughly Trolled

Edited by Whetshaft

also on a side note, my buddy I have been trying to play can't post because he needs to activate his account, despite having played with me for several weeks.....

I can't play, he can't post. Both of us, Thoroughly Trolled

Trolling would mean that -someone- trolled you.  When its your own computer/internet connection that is at fault.  Or are you saying your computer trolled you?

On a related note, patches have always worked fine for me and everyone in my clan.

Edited by Inez

You just explained the problem right there ^ The install of the micro update is not working. It may work for you. Lucky you. It does not work for me. Unlucky me.

So you can't guarantee it's not the launcher really can you? :) It's pretty clear something is going wrong with the installation of these small updates.

I could get my laptop and try and see if the problem is still happening on that, but I have lost an hour and a half and It's time to go get Lunch with my Kids now.

Pork Ribs come before Gaming Bro's ;)

True enough, guaranteeing something in general - especially in my position - is just silly. It was meant as common speech, so to say - which was based upon my experience and that of my friends, which I am playing with.

None of us had nearly anything like that, it would be easy to blame your internet connection - however if it would be THAT bad then you wouldn't be able to play the game without lag anyway, which isn't the case.

It seems like it is some specific issue with the launcher and not your internet connection.

Random suggestion : Maybe some kind of firewall or security software is slowing down the traffic to the launcher, which would be way too extreme and is probably nonsense, anyway - if you haven't checked, putting the launcher application to exceptions without restriction/s could help. 

Edited by Smofic

• 2 weeks later...

Trolling would mean that -someone- trolled you.  When its your own computer/internet connection that is at fault.  Or are you saying your computer trolled you?

On a related note, patches have always worked fine for me and everyone in my clan.

Being trolled by the *Forums software* is not my Computer blah blah - clever man! thanks for taking the time to chip in :)

If my friend cannot post as he needs to activate his account, despite us playing Daily, then the forum is Trolling Him.

On a related note. Good for you Inez. Not everyone is unaffected just because the people you know have not had trouble. 

If you have never had any trouble - Lucky you!

I Love how people that *have not* experienced a problem have to comment with "I have never had that trouble, nor X people I know" 

It's like walking into a Doctors Surgery and proclaiming "I have never been Sick - I am totally healthy!"

True enough, guaranteeing something in general - especially in my position - is just silly. It was meant as common speech, so to say - which was based upon my experience and that of my friends, which I am playing with.

None of us had nearly anything like that, it would be easy to blame your internet connection - however if it would be THAT bad then you wouldn't be able to play the game without lag anyway, which isn't the case.

It seems like it is some specific issue with the launcher and not your internet connection.

Random suggestion : Maybe some kind of firewall or security software is slowing down the traffic to the launcher, which would be way too extreme and is probably nonsense, anyway - if you haven't checked, putting the launcher application to exceptions without restriction/s could help. 

Mr.Smof I thank you for being reasonable and suggesting good steps for troubleshooting :D

I still get a minimum 6mb patch everyday. It takes about ten minutes to update. Usually if there is Redtext warnings for Hotfixes (ingame) there will be a larger download, from 6mb to 160mb.

When there is a large update, I take the PC to a better connection to complete that Download & Install. This is meaningless as a workaround as nobody knows when and how large the updates will be. 

I play many games on this PC. It is 6 months old and High spec. 

I play on PS3 with no lag.

I get 25ms from tracert to www.warframe.com

Warframe / Warface / Hawken / to name but a few regular games I play without issue. 

I have a 2MB Broadband connection, which is pretty average in the UK unless you live in a City and have access to Fibre.

On a side note. A friend said lets use Mumble. I said - OK!

had to disable the overlay (which i didn't know about and i know its mumbles problem not Warframe) because it breaks the Launcher. The LAuncher thinks that Direct X update failed. This is obviously not the case.

@ others

I would appreciate it that if you do not know much about computers or software to keep silly assumptions to yourselves.

The above is an example of how 3rd party software can EASILY cause unpredictable problems for the user, regarding Warframe or any game launcher.....

Close this tread and open a support Ticket.  Problem solved.

you can thank me in platinum  :)

I opened a support ticket same day I posted here. Thanks anyway but the reply was - paste us a tracert. this won't help determine the fault so I have to live with it.

It just gripes me when people try to blame X and Y with no basis. I work as a Network Engineer so it's up there with "but it worked yesterday" or "It's always worked fine"

Edited by Whetshaft

so spotted in the 8.0.5 patch notes:

- Launcher improvements: Added a new content download system and verification tool. You can trigger a verification scan from the launcher settings to repair corrupted files in place without having to re-download the entire game. Content updates are now even more rigorously checked for corruption and the launcher now includes download statistics for the content update phase.
Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:09 PM
8.0.5.1 Hotfix @ 10:55 PM EST:

Fingers crossed - This will sort me out I think as the updates have been coming through and installing fine since that update.
Edited by Whetshaft

I tried aggressive download option but that didn't help me. In the end I had to Force download of the whole game. I think there is a repair feature built in now, so try clicking on the launcher options....

other than that I had to take my PC to a friends house with Fibre internet to get installed again. After that the game is great.

Edited by Whetshaft