Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harsh Critic Over Patch

Misikaani

All the whining after vauban patch is unbelieveable! ok i was angry at first too, but i got over it really fast. The game is easy as it is! it is the beta version so ofc things will make changes. What we really should focus is on giving constructive critisism, not yelling about "omg why im not invincible anymore i quit!" players giving up on playing over this one patch is just ridiculous. DE is trying their best to make it fun and challenging co-op game and we should as a community try to help them by giving them ideas and suggestions, like what went wrong about the patch or what is good about it. That is my opinion atleast. I hope some players will agree with me and continue on supporting this great game.

I agree with you.

I honestly found nothing wrong with this patch whilst playing, though some minor hiccups with matchmaking etc but they can be fixed. I honestly cannot believe the amount of posts over the whole Rhino and Banshee issue, I find it irritating and I can only imagine how much it irritates DE. They work hard, they work into the hours of the morning and all they get is this? I mean seriously, people need to think before posting. Not only are they complaining but they are pretty much spitting on all of the developers work.

DE works hard, we all know that. They listen and watch the community perhaps more than any game I have seen. They don't deserve the countless "Omg this sucks" or "OMG WTF?! I QUIT" the people who post those are literally children crying over spilled milk. Spilled milk get's cleaned up. A patch change can be fixed and changed in another patch or hot fix. All is not lost.

The complainers essentially need to 'suck it up' as it were.

You forgot about the part where the patch seems to be doing its damndest to make me not want to recommend this game to my friends because they made even the worst of weapons a hell of a grind to acquire.

EDIT: Or the part where they made the Rhino a worse tank than the goddamn Ember.

Like, yes, some people are taking their complaints to extremes. That doesn't mean there aren't perfectly valid complaints about changes that took it too far or is trying to actively monetise things in a way that I'm willing to bet is driving off potential players.

I hope DE learns from their mistake, but I'm starting to get a bit frustrated with how DE manages to miss even obvious things like "Iron Skin doesn't block knockdown" in their patches when they're in a open beta resulting in F*** ups being F*** ups in front of a lot of potential customers.

Edited by RealityMachina

They overnerf everything, turn everything into a huge grind, even starting weapons - and you think the outcry isn't justified?

Why does the community have to think for the devs, when they are obviously NOT thinking before acting?

I gave constructive criticism already, but at a certain point it's enough.

It's not the communities job to come up with reasonable solutions for unreasonable changes...

At the moment I wish I didn't give them any money at all.

Edited by bakaxy

They overnerf everything, turn everything into a huge grind, even starting weapons - and you think the outcry isn't justified?

http://youtu.be/BrMGPvjPtM8

This springs to mind whenever I see the rage threads and complaining little S#&$s. There is literally NOTHING more annoying than the entitled.

The game has not been destroyed, it has been improved. Not one person I know has any issue with balancing changes. Because its just a game, yes it is an incredibly fun game - yes you might have sunk money into it. But you DON'T ACTUALLY DIE or suffer EXCRUCIATING PHYSICAL AGONY whenever they change something in the course of finding the right balance. So all these people doomsday preaching and moaning in tortured lament at the utterly devastating destruction that has been unleashed upon the minute details of their favourite Warframe, go and have a huff of lithium and perhaps a valium enema. 

RELAX. 

There is some merit to the idea of not frothing at the mouth over a change in gameplay balance.

That being said, people *are* entitled to get a little pissed off about the Rhino change.

Everybody knows, the Rhino's other abilities were...a waste of space. Which (for some of us) now means that one of our only two Warframe slots is occupied by a placeholder, until DE figure out what the hell the Rhino is actually for.

I will give DE time to adjust their game. But while they're doing that, I aint gonna be playing my Rhino.

And that's just a real shame.

It's weird that all the people saying "stop being angry about the rhino nerf" almost always seem angrier than the people raging about the nerf. Regardless, to anyone who's suggested "focusing on giving constructive criticism" people do. We have been since the update proved its self to be a bug-ridden mess and the dev's just got super defensive while the same people as above whine about whiners whining. So uh, good job all around I guess.

It's kinda funny how not a month ago they overnerfed shotguns, and the next week they'd tuned it back to a reasonable level. And people are forgetting that already and think that every overkill nerf/change is definitely here to stay.

Well, excuse me if I don't like the fact that a Warframe I JUST built 3 days ago is now pretty much a useless hulk of scrap metal until they fix him.

Excuse me if I don't enjoy the idea of playing Alloy Plate Farmville for God-Knows-How-Long just to get something other than an Mk1.

Now I'm feeling punished for not reaching Rank3 before this ridiculous Market Change so I could have bought my Gorgon before the change, rather than after it.

It's weird that all the people saying "stop being angry about the rhino nerf" almost always seem angrier than the people raging about the nerf.

Actually, this is quite logical. I am angry at the amount of hate DE is getting over a simple nerf. I won't go into whether it is justified or not, but seriously, the amount of fuss a lot of people are making is incredible, especially after DE has done so much and has listened to community constantly and given us what we want.

So,yeah, I am angry. Have some goddamn respect instead of crying "Omg, DE ruined the game. [insert random insults]". Play the game for a while, leave a constructive criticism/feedback, go for a walk, take a smoke, get a hooker. Anything is better than making yourself look like a spoiled 8-year old brat.

(Not you,Dawg. Referring to all people that fit the above description.)

Edited by Fenrisulfr

Actually, this is quite logical. I am angry at the amount of hate DE is getting over a simple nerf. I won't go into whether it is justified or not, but seriously, the amount of fuss a lot of people are making is incredible, especially after DE has done so much and has listened to community constantly and given us what we want.

So,yeah, I am angry. Have some goddamn respect instead of crying "Omg, DE ruined the game. [insert random insults]". Play the game for a while, leave a constructive criticism/feedback, go for a walk, take a smoke, get a hooker. Anything is better than making yourself look like a spoiled 8-year old brat.

(Not you,Dawg. Referring to all people that fit the above description.)

You're talking like EVERYBODY who is unhappy over the Rhino nerf is doing this.

Which just simply is not true.

Yes, some people are hopping mad that they are throwing obscenities out everywhere, but there are plenty of players who are angry, who say "Yeah okay this is ridiculous" but yet aren't threatening to quit the game and aren't invoking the swear filter every other line.

Why does the community have to think for the devs, when they are obviously NOT thinking before acting?

I gave constructive criticism already, but at a certain point it's enough.

It's not the communities job to come up with reasonable solutions to unreasonable changes...

And they did buff the HEK, no? All the rage against Rhino's Iron Skin is really laughable. People expecting a 100% damage immunity then call the game too easy. The ironskin in pre-vauban patch was literally god mode. Every F2P games are grindy, in fact warframe is not as bad as people think. Once you have a decent level weapons you can take on medium difficulty planet like Europa and start raking in more xp. Didn't we have one guy who maxed out Vauban in just one day? You call that huge grind?

Edited by RedFaceGeneral

Once you have a decent level weapons

Did you happen to miss the part of the patch where DE made this much less pleasant than it needs to be or something?

The game has not been destroyed, it has been improved.

I don't know about you, but "changes that make it much less likely than I want to recommend this game to my friends" isn't exactly something that comes to mind when it comes to the word "improved."

Edited by RealityMachina

Its funny, since this thread is on the exact opposite end of the moron-scale when it comes to patch complaints. Except that instead of threatening to kill yourselves over the changes(which nobody is doing), youre all being complete shills blindly accepting whatever DE dumps on your plate.

Vauban, the nerfs, all that is debatable, but the changes to the market prices are completely unjustifiable as it stands and only shows how close Warframe is approaching the same dark path Tribes Ascend went down.

Rhino's Iron Skin is really laughable. People expecting a 100% damage immunity then call the game too easy.

The game is easy due to poor enemy AI, and what difficulty it has is based on numbers, cheep tactics, bad frame loops and the difficulty of getting higher grade equipment even if you're actually going out to do the farming. Never mind those people that would like to throw a couple bucks DEs way after the price jacking.

No, the 100% damage resistance god modding of Iron Skin or the high range and damage of Banshee's Sound Quake wasn't what made Warframe easy. It was easy even without those options to get around the crappy fake difficulty the game liked to throw up all over every stage.

Its funny, since this thread is on the exact opposite end of the moron-scale when it comes to patch complaints. Except that instead of threatening to kill yourselves over the changes(which nobody is doing), youre all being complete shills blindly accepting whatever DE dumps on your plate.

This is why we can't have nice things. Jumping from one hyperbole to another. Go to any of the 100 Rhino threads that popped up within less than 24 hours, and count how many people are being extremely over-dramatic.

And then you decide to drop in here, claim that no one is a bit out of line, and claim that we're all friggin fangirls of DE, when all we are trying to do is get people to calm down. Great fuckin job. You must be proud of yourself.

This is why we can't have nice things. Jumping from one hyperbole to another. Go to any of the 100 Rhino threads that popped up within less than 24 hours, and count how many people are being extremely over-dramatic.

And then you decide to drop in here, claim that no one is a bit out of line, and claim that we're all friggin fangirls of DE, when all we are trying to do is get people to calm down. Great fuckin job. You must be proud of yourself.

Don't expect logic.

I persoanlly HATE what they did to Banshee, but it is NOT the end of my life or my playing the game. I am not a hater tho.

Haters have to have something to hate. It is what they DO. It is ALL they know HOW to do. If they don't have something to rage against, such as a patch in a beta version of a F2P game... They are lost.

I don't hate them. I pity them.

Edited by Kalenath

The game is easy due to poor enemy AI, and what difficulty it has is based on numbers, cheep tactics, bad frame loops and the difficulty of getting higher grade equipment even if you're actually going out to do the farming. Never mind those people that would like to throw a couple bucks DEs way after the price jacking.

No, the 100% damage resistance god modding of Iron Skin or the high range and damage of Banshee's Sound Quake wasn't what made Warframe easy. It was easy even without those options to get around the crappy fake difficulty the game liked to throw up all over every stage.

Lol so the game by default is so easy then why get so upset with ironskin nerf? It's not gonna ruin the whole experience.

I did not play rino, and am not too upset at the nerf. However, I do believe it was a bad idea. At the moment I believe that no ability should be nerfed unless the other abilities are improved. This is because each warframe, generally, has one useful ability. That one useful ability will be the one that gets nerfed, making that warframe fairly useless. As pointed out, rino has 1 useful and 3 useless abilities. It now has 0 useful, 1 almost useful, and 3 useless abilities, or at least that is what I understand.

Much the same thing would happen if they nerfed Mags Crush, as it is the only ability that is useful against groups for the Mag. As for the Banshee change, I do not know anything about it. I suspect it has a much the same effect as the Rino change, making another Warframe that, for the moment, really has no use. They will fix this over time, but those that only have slots for two warframe are understandably upset, this will die down over time. Rather because they leave or accept it I cannot say.

The only change I find very annoying is the change to weapon costs. I have already stopped building weapons because grinding for them is not worth it. I was considering buying a few guns to try them out, see if I liked their style, but now I do not want to. Seems like a lot of wark for what will most likely be very little time with the weapon when I find I do not like it. But, that is a personal thing, and I like to look long term. With the items being hard to get, most requiring a few hours of Alloy Plate grinding, new players will not be able to get weapons very often. They will have to do more research or get useless weapons and have to refarm for resourced. I could very easily see that preventing people from getting very far in the game, which will be bad for the game long term. This may be completely off the case, and new players may not notice, but considering how experienced players complain about how hard it is to get Alloy Plate...

Edited by liavalenth