Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Depression Feels Like.

This. This right here.. Got my new mobo yesterday and had to ship it back already I swear to god I am bad luck incarnate. 

1rUabAj.jpg

THEN I EXPRESS HOW HAPPY I AM TO HAVE MY LAPTOP. 

OFTbko9.png

be glad you live in a country where you can ship back purchased items and it makes sense to do so. when you have to import items because local sellers are too damn expensive...yea...

it gets difficult.

be glad you live in a country where you can ship back purchased items and it makes sense to do so. when you have to import items because local sellers are too damn expensive...yea...

it gets difficult.

Dang man.. That must be rough-- Well, as I said.. At least I don't have to pay for the shipping and --HEY... DID I MENTION MY RAM GOT SHOCKED DURING TRAVEL??? 

Actually, you could probably fix that with some fishing line and a little patience.

I had to do that once, when I was a klutz and dropped a processor chip. About a dozen of the pins looked off, but I was determined to try and fix it before I RMA'd.

Any light-test monofilament should do the trick.

Now that I think about it, you might have been better off doing the RMA anyway.

A qualified Computer Scienceman would have to give the last word on this, but it's possible that repeated bending of pins could impede their function, even if they look straight.

Since the metal is deformed around the bend point every time it's manipulated, it's possible that those accumulated deformities could actually screw something up in a way that would only be obvious to somebody more electronics-savvy than myself. I don't know enough about the materials used in building those parts, or even all the factors that go into their performance.

I'm just guessing that repeated bending of pins could actually make the parts run more slowly and generate more heat - in theory.

Now that I think about it, you might have been better off doing the RMA anyway.

A qualified Computer Scienceman would have to give the last word on this, but it's possible that repeated bending of pins could impede their function, even if they look straight.

Since the metal is deformed around the bend point every time it's manipulated, it's possible that those accumulated deformities could actually screw something up in a way that would only be obvious to somebody more electronics-savvy than myself. I don't know enough about the materials used in building those parts, or even all the factors that go into their performance.

I'm just guessing that repeated bending of pins could actually make the parts run more slowly and generate more heat - in theory.

It would overheat more as it wouldn't get a proper sync to the mother board, so it wouldn't know how much power to give to the fun, and most likely shock the cpu from open connections.