Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alloy, Always Alloy

Vabla

So, a lot of the weapons that used to be buyable for credits are now craftable which would be fine if they didn't all require alloy. Again. I'm not sure about others, but I'm getting really sick of Kiste and Venera.

Right now it looks like they are paving the way for platinum resource packs. Which would of course contain all resources so that a higher price would be justified even if you only want the bloody alloy.

And if dojo crafting will be just as bottlenecked on the alloy, they might as well include one more bulletpoint on the update 8 patchnodes:

- Game renamed to Kiste Online.

I actually supported the idea of making more weapons require a blueprint...but they recipes they implemented are such a wasted opportunity. They could have made the less used/more common resources useful. Instead, they now require hundred of additional alloy plate per weapon. 

I am disappointed DE. 

I hate alloy plate, it's the worst part of this game.

You obviously never fought against Grineer Rollers.

Seriously, I would apreciate if blueprints required other ressources than alloy plates. 500 for the Hek, 350 for the Rhino Thrak helmet, WTF? Meanwhile I'm sitting on 2000+ Rubedo and a few gorillion Nano Spores.

I'm afraid I did. The rollers are a problem that can be avoided though, by playing corpus/infested maps or simply standing on a crate with my amazing Snipetron.

Having to grind alloy plate isn't something that you can avoid, it's an inevitable horrible grind that you must do if you wish to build new stuff. While the rollers can be avoided, farming alloy plate can't since it's a necessity, if you don't farm it today, you are going to have to farm it tomorrow.

Edited by Kohira

Problem is... You sometimes get mass rollers on Kiste while farming... Alloy...

They should make rollers always drop at least a bit of alloy. That'd cause some mixed feelings.

Alloy plates are currently a pain to farm, but you needed 150 of them for each warframe, 350 for each helmet, and 500 for a few weapon blueprints. Now you need them for nearly everything. Its obvious they are trying to get people to buy platinum, but a much better way would be to simply reduce the prices of stuff to at least 1/2 of their current prices. Lower prices = more sales, which could easily cover the difference.

Its obvious they are trying to get people to buy platinum, but a much better way would be to simply reduce the prices of stuff to at least 1/2 of their current prices. Lower prices = more sales, which could easily cover the difference.

Yes, definitely. One of the major problems I have with paying for anything in this game, and the reason why I am very reluctant to pay for any more platinum, is just that everything is so very expensive. In League of Legends, I spent far more money than I'd be comfortable discussing, because even the most expensive champions and skins were cheap enough to not feel like I was losing out on a lot.

But your average warframe costs in the neighbourhood of $20+ in platinum. That's more than some full games on Steam (and assuming a sale, that's more than a lot of triple A titles will go for). It feels very significant. And your average weapon cost is not very far off.

With lower prices, I, and I would imagine quite a few others, wouldn't mind dropping $5 here and there without worrying about spending too much. But when I see how much everything costs now, I generally feel more comfortable spending nothing.

Edited by Kiteless

Yes, definitely. One of the major problems I have with paying for anything in this game, and the reason why I am very reluctant to pay for any more platinum, is just that everything is so very expensive. In League of Legends, I spent far more money than I'd be comfortable discussing, because even the most expensive champions and skins were cheap enough to not feel like I was losing out on a lot.

But your average warframe costs in the neighbourhood of $20+ in platinum. That's more than some full games on Steam (and assuming a sale, that's more than a lot of triple A titles will go for). It feels very significant. And your average weapon cost is not very far off.

With lower prices, I, and I would imagine quite a few others, wouldn't mind dropping $5 here and there without worrying about spending too much. But when I see how much everything costs now, I generally feel more comfortable spending nothing.

It's like the $7 guns in Planetside 2. Most people on the Planetside 2 forums just recommend buying a Walmart SC card for $15 since it has a bonus 500 SC, equalling out to 2000 SC, then they say you should wait for the double/triple SC deals where that 2000 SC card you bought for $15 turns into 4000/6000 SC. After getting something like that for almost a third/a quarter of the normal pricing via the special deals, they'll tell you it's best to wait until the gun goes on sale for half off.

In short, they tell you the best way to buy a $7 gun is to wait until deals and sales happen so you only buy that gun for roughly $1.25 total, a far more reasonable price. Digital Extremes is charging more for these kinds of things than Sony Online Entertainment, who themselves seem to not realize the 'micro' part of micro-transactions.

What's more, the problem with those SC card purchases and sales is that it does nothing to help the state of impulse buys, since players would have to plan ahead in advance (I'm guessing, I've never actually played Planetside 2).

One thing that F2P games have that allows them to be more profitable than buy-to-play and subscription based games is the ability to capitalize heavily off of impulse purchases. And you aren't going to encourage impulse buys at the current price points.

What's more, the problem with those SC card purchases and sales is that it does nothing to help the state of impulse buys, since players would have to plan ahead in advance (I'm guessing, I've never actually played Planetside 2).

One thing that F2P games have that allows them to be more profitable than buy-to-play and subscription based games is the ability to capitalize heavily off of impulse purchases. And you aren't going to encourage impulse buys at the current price points.

Pretty much. If SOE/DE would lower the cost of these things ($20 for a single warframe, even with it's own slot and potato ain't worth it), they'd see a LOT more purchases going on.

Devs, we're actually telling you to shut up and take our money.  :D