Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading Tab Is Out Of Control...

Lockecoleff

It would just (very briefly) postpone the problem and not solve it. 15 minutes after someone would come complaining about the WTS tab, asking to split it into WTSWFMODS | WTSVAULTMODS | WTSCORRUPTEDMODS | WTSAUGMENTMODS | WTSPRIMEPARTS | etc...

(Worst problem is the WTS spamming) trading in general is in need of a really serious overhaul; no amount of chat tab-splitting subjects will solve it.

I don't think this would be the case... Imediately that is.

Yes there would be some static about a change to the system but overall I think it would be a welcome change. After its been implemented I'm sure we'll see other issues surface.

The auction house idea is ok too but I kind of like the fact that you have to be active in order to get rewarded. Not much effort goes into posting something and waking away from it hoping it sells. Also credits and taxes become an issue there too. There would need to be a posting fee to cover any taxes.

Also, i think it's strange that we can't view the trading tab and our equipment screens from the dojo. Seems like that would save a lot of time.

You know. I can't help but notice this:

A lot of people complaining that trade chat doesn't work are people who say that it moves too quickly for their block of trash to be properly read and acted on. Like they think that there's an abundance of people who desperately want to buy bo ornaments and vasto barrels, and the only reason they aren't mobbed by buyers and raking in platinum left and right is because these buyers can't read the advertisement fast enough.

This....does not match reality.  Reality is that maybe 1/20th of the noise going on in trade chat is actually people trying to buy something. Making it move slower and be easier to follow isn't going to get you more sales. There's already way more than enough supply to satisfy demand except on a few of the rarest items.

A marketplace would fix this entirely. Nobody would get "drowned out" because anyone that wanted to buy something would be able to just search for it, and find the person asking the lowest price. Everybody wins, except for the price gougers.

kinda like having it all as one, because they sometimes I'll catch someone selling what I'm about to "WTB" or vice a versa.  That said, whenever I'm about to do some serious trading I maximize the chat window to my full screen so I can see all the posts and have room to see tabs opening up with PM's.

When you put a reasonable price on your goods, you WILL sell. Even when your line is out of sight within a second.

When you are complaining you don't sell is probably because a - you don't specify a price or b - your price is too high.

Everyone who wants to buy something scrolls the advertisements.

After years of playing MMORPGs, I can say I love the Trade chat system way more than Trading Post/Auction House systems.

When you want to buy, you find a seller pretty quickly.

Granted, it doesn't make for a convenient system that allows sellers to just dump everything off to the uninformed or to saturate the market entirely.

Since Platinum is for the most part a currency representing a portion of real money investment (170 platinum being worth roughly $10), I don't think I'd be buying Platinum on a semi-regular basis if my purchase were to be subject to the vagaries of an automated system or the caprice of flat player-set rates.

In the current system, I can negotiate the price of an item and then decide if it's worth my money or not.

Please don't get me wrong. I don't want to eliminate the trade chat system. I just want to clean it up a little. The chay scrolls by way too fast whether you are buying or selling. I can see the appeal of an auction house or trading post but again i don't like that you can be afk and skill make plat.

Keeping the chat system allows for negotiating which is crucial in this particular gaming economy.

2 things i don't like.

Wtb 30 plat and people who don't put prices on their wares(they want to sell stuff for too much plat). I ignore them, which means i ignore 80 % of the chat.

I actually like people posting alot WITH prices on it. So it's easier to go with the flow.

The only reason I don't post prices, honestly, is because I haven't camped trade enough to know how the average/'fair' prices have changed, so I don't know what to match - even though I try to sell fairly. Tracker sites are always outdated, probably partly because of the sheer chaos. What the hell is "WTB plat", though? I never figured that out.

Having to switch tabs or rely on a static marketplace that doesn't have any haggling does sound like a problem, but maybe we could have something in between - an Auction House interface that you do have to stay logged into in order to sell, and clicking on a buy window opens chat for negotiation, but has its own interface window with things like sorting by price/availability and putting up multiple sale items from a list. No more "oops, I have to check if I still have that part", or "WTS [wall of text]/['Primes' that all turn out to be Bo ornaments and Boar receivers]". Plus maybe actual dynamic auctions, although I'm not fond of that idea when it involves real money.

The only reason I don't post prices, honestly, is because I haven't camped trade enough to know how the average/'fair' prices have changed, so I don't know what to match - even though I try to sell fairly. Tracker sites are always outdated, probably partly because of the sheer chaos. What the hell is "WTB plat", though? I never figured that out.

I always offered reasonable prices when someone wanted to sell and it was always too little.

Thank you for giving me some trust back in the traders. Because thats indeed a good reason not to tag prices. If you want to trade/sell effectively, You should spend some time observing the trade channel though.

I always offered reasonable prices when someone wanted to sell and it was always too little.

Thank you for giving me some trust back in the traders. Because thats indeed a good reason not to tag prices. If you want to trade/sell effectively, You should spend some time observing the trade channel though.

I do try. I can't keep up with the chaos, the same way I can't keep up with hardcore rushers in missions. And my sales tend to get drowned in the flood of shenanigans. So, going with what people are willing to pay - unless it's something insanely far off the averages I do know, like (hypothetically) five or ten plat for a Rime Rounds - is the best I can do.