The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe Abilities Are Causing The Game To Freeze, Players To Be Disconnected, And A Massive Drop In Frame Rate.

I play on PS4, and i'm experiencing a whole bunch of problems that all seem to be related to the abilities of certain warframes.  And I know I'm not the only one, a lot of people I've spoken have been having the same issues.  And I really doubt it's my internet, because my connection is great.  Some of the abilities that I'm talking about are : Vauban's "Vortex", Zephyr's "Tornado", Hydroid's "Tentacle Swarm", Ash's "Bladestorm", and Mirage's "Hall of Mirrors" 

It seems to happen most when I'm playing with other people, someone will be spamming Bladestorm or Tentacle Swarm and either the game will lag bigtime, it'll freeze completely, or we'll all get disconnected.  Sometimes all three.  It happens a lot, and doesn't seem to matter who's hosting.  And it even happens while playing Solo!   Today I wanted to test out my Orthos Prime with maxed Primed Reach on Mirage, but every time I had Hall of Mirrors active and tried to use my melee, it dropped to like one frame every 2 seconds -_-  But when I stopped using melee the frame rate would restore.  This sucks, because I enjoy playing with those frames...but at this point I'm afraid to use them because of getting disconnected from a match.  And I don't want to have to say " Hosting such and such, no Zyphyr, Ash, Hydroid , Mirage, or Vauban " when I'm recruiting a squad.  

It's probably not a coincidence that all of these abilities have a lot going on visually and stuff .  Anyway, those are just some of the problematic abilities I could think of, but there are probably more... to me it just seems like Warframe can't handle Warframe... either that or PS4 can't.

Some of the abilities that I'm talking about are : Vauban's "Vortex", Zephyr's "Tornado", Hydroid's "Tentacle Swarm", Ash's "Bladestorm", and Mirage's "Hall of Mirrors" 

The upcoming release of Update 16.5 should result in a number of these abilities being a bit easier on frame rate when they are cast. With that said, we are still actively working on addressing all abilities for performance. Thank you for listing the ones that have been giving you trouble.