Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In General...

Xynthes

After the initial "ooh" and "aah" of the visuals I was able to focus on the gameplay itself. From first look, everything flows nicely, you walk/jog, sprint and then power slide in a smooth fashion. Adding to this effect are the dashes and rolls as well as each frame's abilities. This of course is not without it's hiccups and bugs, which, for the most part, have been ironed out to a .. "relatively smooth" state as a friend of mine put it.

So from the praise and appeal, what is there to improve? First and formost for me, would be am increased level of diversity in objectives. While this is indeed seen in the higher levels of the solar system, it still seems repetitive. Now don't get me wrong, i have played this game for hours and hours and find it just as enjoyable as when i started, it's just that with the broader range of objectives, this game would have a slightly better appeal to more audiences.

As an additional note, the meelee does seem a bit underpowered until you give it the full charge time. While this just might be just a personal issue, a better balance in the meelee section of combat would be much appreciated.

All the best!

-Xynthes

Oh come on now, Sikab, the majority of threads are constructive here. It's actually rare to see a proper rage thread. It's usually people replying to constructive critiques with less than friendly manners that's the problem...

Anyway, I think new objectives are less important than map diversity and improvements to the combat mechanics (more depth like melee combos, etc...), but I guess it'll all come eventually!

Oh come on now, Sikab, the majority of threads are constructive here. It's actually rare to see a proper rage thread. It's usually people replying to constructive critiques with less than friendly manners that's the problem...

Anyway, I think new objectives are less important than map diversity and improvements to the combat mechanics (more depth like melee combos, etc...), but I guess it'll all come eventually!

personal tastes. i personally will leave the game instantly if melee combos are introduced.

I'm used to dungeon crawlers, so i'm not too worried about how the map looks... the goal for me won't change. kill and get my loot. A diversity in objectives would be cool, but not too worried about that either :)

as i said. personal tastes.

You would honestly leave if melee combos were introduced? No questions?

Thats a real shame man, because I'm pretty sure they're inevitable.

I'm curious to read why you're so massively against them... they'd give the combat depth and make melee more enjoyable instead of just spamming the same thrree swings over and over...

You would honestly leave if melee combos were introduced? No questions?

Thats a real shame man, because I'm pretty sure they're inevitable.

I'm curious to read why you're so massively against them... they'd give the combat depth and make melee more enjoyable instead of just spamming the same thrree swings over and over...

I'm just old fashioned :)

I like a genre to give what a genre is meant to give. nothing more, nothing less.

Yep, no questions, just leave. If i want melee combos, i would just hit up my 360 and play some Street Fighter with my Son.

For me, combos has nothing to do in Warframe, and wouldn't even fit in. No matter if we are space ninjas or not.

I could live with something like directional attacks (like upper cut, slide cut, etc etc). But button smashing combos... No thanks.

There's nothing about the genre Warframe sits in that says longer melee combos don't fit. In fact, it's absolutley in keeping. Plenty of TPS and Dungeon Crawler types have extended melee combinations.

And yes, that's what I mean: uppercut, slide cut, etc... but being able to chain them together so mele combat becomes fluid instead of stilted as it currently is. A depth to it, instead of pressing one button over and over...

Again, I'm a litle confused why anyone would be against that improvement..

There's nothing about the genre Warframe sits in that says longer melee combos don't fit. In fact, it's absolutley in keeping. Plenty of TPS and Dungeon Crawler types have extended melee combinations.

And yes, that's what I mean: uppercut, slide cut, etc... but being able to chain them together so mele combat becomes fluid instead of stilted as it currently is. A depth to it, instead of pressing one button over and over...

Again, I'm a litle confused why anyone would be against that improvement..

:) it's just that how ppl are. different point of view. for you, it's an improvement, for me it's a step back.

really, couldn't really give a reason even if i tried to, i just get a headache if i think about combos.

Edit: by stepback i mean... umm... Depends how it's implemented. If it's like E= upper cut, R= right side cut, etc etc thats a step back. Useless button smashing. If it were introduced something like:

If you strafe right side and press E, then it does a left cut, strafing left side = right cut. Considering jumping+E now, this kind of combo would be an improvement. anything else is a stepback.

hope i was clear :)

Edited by Sikab

:) it's just that how ppl are. different point of view. for you, it's an improvement, for me it's a step back.

really, couldn't really give a reason even if i tried to, i just get a headache if i think about combos.

Sorry, I'm confused... you realy think being able to fluidly chain melee moves together in a vairety of ways would be a step backs from pressing the melee button over and over to produce the exact same three swings?

All we're talking about is moving away from the stilted same three hits, repeat, over and over...

I don't mean to be pushy, I'm just thining we may have our wires crossed somehow...

Sorry, I'm confused... you realy think being able to fluidly chain melee moves together in a vairety of ways would be a step backs from pressing the melee button over and over to produce the exact same three swings?

All we're talking about is moving away from the stilted same three hits, repeat, over and over...

I don't mean to be pushy, I'm just thining we may have our wires crossed somehow...

i made an edit in my post to try to explain myself :P

Thanks for playing. We are definitely improving objective depth soon!

wait..... your adding more floors to the spaceships? KICK &#!!!! cant wait for those longer elevator rides.... you think you could add like some cheesy &#! music on them while your at it?

Meelee combos, i presume, aren't really the focus of what this beta is trying to correct. While it would add an extra element to the game, it's not necessary. The gameplay is fitted in a very unique niche that, of course, some will like and others will not. I think that with the separate warframes, this game adds that level of dynamic which can create an appeal to a larger group of gamers. This thread even demonstrates this; Sikab might use a frame that allows for a quick and dirty kill, while Zakalwe might use a frame that has comboed skills and is a bit more flashy.

While the creators of Warframe might not necessarily agree with this, I think that the additional balance would be welcomed by all.

All the best!

-Xynthes

I disagree, the current melee feels very much like a placeholder and I'd be severly disappointed if it didn't receive some attention in a general sense.

For a game that focuses on its melee as a big deal, we get a stilted 3 hit animation that more often puts you in more danger than it is effective.

This is indeed true. My point, currently, is that the game still needs its major bugs fixed, like being able to finish a mission properly without the checkpoint marker being stuck and not recognizing that the checkpoint has already been completed. The addition of a further developed meelee system should and probably will be implemented with care, as to not force the player to soley rely on meelee. I also went to the animation forum and wrote extensively on these mechanics, but as always it should be taken into consideration that these are regular people who have their deadlines. We can achieve very little by ranting about what we want individually, instead I'm sure it would be more appreciated if it was a request which the community supports, which, for an improved meelee structure, I am all for.

All the best!

-Xynthes

No one's ranting here, we're making suggestions and giving feedback.

Using the forums as intended? ;)

And this kind of content development is just as important as bug fixes. Both need major attention before release, no one's saying it needs to happen right this second.

wait..... your adding more floors to the spaceships? KICK &#!!!! cant wait for those longer elevator rides.... you think you could add like some cheesy &#! music on them while your at it?

Do ho ho. I always wondered why that one super-long elevator ride was added, my friends and I start spamming our mics out of boredom. As I'm sure you know though, I think he meant other things to do that would be called "missions" :p

I'm just old fashioned :)

I like a genre to give what a genre is meant to give. nothing more, nothing less.

Yep, no questions, just leave. If i want melee combos, i would just hit up my 360 and play some Street Fighter with my Son.

For me, combos has nothing to do in Warframe, and wouldn't even fit in. No matter if we are space ninjas or not.

I could live with something like directional attacks (like upper cut, slide cut, etc etc). But button smashing combos... No thanks.

While i agree that fixed combos would be annoying (to me), i would like to see some sort of adaptive timing system where if you timed the button presses according to what you saw on screen, you could create combos, so to speak. For example, if you saw a Grineer commando and started with a running charge, he would stagger backwards, then, if you started swinging with regular strikes you could continue to engage him as long as you didn't rush a strike or wait too long. The difference in what i'm descibing and what ois already in place, is that instead of having a preset sequence where you just swing and hope the enemy doesn't start moving again, you could engage with that enemy.

While i agree that fixed combos would be annoying (to me), i would like to see some sort of adaptive timing system where if you timed the button presses according to what you saw on screen, you could create combos, so to speak. For example, if you saw a Grineer commando and started with a running charge, he would stagger backwards, then, if you started swinging with regular strikes you could continue to engage him as long as you didn't rush a strike or wait too long. The difference in what i'm descibing and what ois already in place, is that instead of having a preset sequence where you just swing and hope the enemy doesn't start moving again, you could engage with that enemy.

I have never thought about a system like the one which you described. It might be time consuming to implement but I think this would appease the greater community. The more i contemplate this option, it actually seems the most practical, absolutely great thinking.