The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just What I Think This Game Needs To Become More Challenging And Satisfying

overdosed

Yes, the game is too easy right now. Even Pluto is too easy considering that its supposed to be the hardest place around and whoever thinks that Pluto is really hard is, im sorry i have to say that but its true - either a noob or should first upgrade his stuff. The viable solutions for increasing the difficulty are 2 and both include reduced enemy spawns.

1. Enemies have more health - right now i feel like the only things with enough health are the greneer heavy units. Everything else is too easy. And thus reducing spawns will be needed for the beefier enemies.(but this would require a solid buff to most powers) All the heavy units should require more than one magazine from most weapons to be killed and should also spawn more rarely(mostly talking about ancients) and light units should be abit easier to kill than the current heavies.

2. Smarter enemies. This also could require smaller spawns as more complex AI would require more processing power.

And combining those 2 would definitely require reduced spawns but will provide much more satisfying and challenging gameplay.

Also id suggest getting rid of the leveled planets and introducing 3 difficulties around the whole system, letting ppl chose a difficulty before they go to join a game. And ofcourse the higher the diff, the better the rewards(more materials, better drop chance for bps etc..) This will provide much needed variety to both high lvl and low lvl players.

Edit: Some things i said in another thread about why i think enemies need a bit more health. Ill just copy paste the stuff here, not in the mood for rephrasing and formatting again xD

Post 1: And also i really feel like everything needs a bit more health. No bullet sponges ofcourse, but right now maxing a weapon is a complete waste as you can only utilize its full dmg potential on bosses. Why should i waste  a Hek round on greneer grunt on ceres for example when i can kill heavies with 2. Too much wasted damage potential is not good. When youre playing on the appropriate lvl for you gear, your damage should be just enough to kill stuff in good  time. Not more and not less. This is a balance thats missing from warframe right now and something that i really miss, as a gamer.

Post 2: And im really sorry, but ill have to give an example of good game difficulty with me3. There for example for the experienced player the most fun difficulty was gold(out of bronze, silver, gold and platinum) because there that balance of just enough damage to kill stuff fast with most weapons without overkill was observed. When playing on gold you didnt waste damage, nor did you waste ammo on bullet sponges. And please dont say anything about warframe being f2p and me3 being a triple A game, as im talking about balance and game difficulty, with both things being entirely non reliant on money. The same thing i can say for another f2p game even though its pvp - Blacklight Retribution is the middle ground in terms of time to kill between call of duty and halo both requiring good and steady aim, while keeping to a certain realism and not requiring a full mag to kill ppl. For me atleast this is a really important aspect of game difficulty and should be kept as a priority in any game.

Edited by overdosed

The game should get progressively harder towards the end-game not only in enemy level, but their AI, too. Enemy health should scale more with their level, some enemies should get a random warframe mod to use (redirection, vitality, that sort of thing).

Overall, I pretty much agree with that. Though, it's important that the first planets stay easy for new players to have a good learning environment.

Overall, I pretty much agree with that. Though, it's important that the first planets stay easy for new players to have a good learning environment.

Thats why i suggested the 3 difficulty settings so everyone can play on all the planets and get mats and blueprints, not matter if theyre a casual player or a hardcore one.

I think enemy that can counter our frames' powers would be better than simply more HP/damage. Worthwhile investment in a long run.

Detector unit: enemies that act that detector, able to detect cloaked frame/sentinel.

Armor cracker unit: able to reduce the efficacy of iron skin/link/overheat. If there is no such frame in the team then reduce armor rating of target.

Shielded unit: immune to AOE powers.

Cloaked unit: remains invisible and deal massive melee damage. Can be detected and shot at by player during cloak.

Tank unit: massive health with power to regenerate health when HP reach certain threshold, have plates of armor that can be shot off to reduce armor rating.

Trapper unit: stationary cloak unit, range attack deal minimal damage but slow the target down. Able to latch itself on target to deal DOT damage and slow the target down even more. Can be removed with QTE or by teammate.

Etc.

also, maybe make the environment to be harsher, so there will be unexpected turn of event,

-  More hazard that makes us weaker. The good example is like, the cryo leak hazard. The leak halves our max shield. It could be in form of the status impairment or by limiting our senses (such as total darkness, so use those flashlight more), or lighter gravity because of a hole in the ship (reduced bullet damage, slower melee attacks, harder aim and maybe health depletion by like, 1 per 20 second because of vacuum effect). Or even, the ship is being hunted by a big space monster that could break its arm through the reinforced glass window by suprise (we need to shoot the arm, then lock the window to prevent leakage). This hazard should be random and unexpected, thus reducing the artificial feeling, something that we created itself.

- Traps. Not like the one set by enemies (like the corpus laser door), but make it so that the environment itself is a danger to us. Unstable big, heavy debris that could crush us anytime, broken machines that bound to explode any minute, and maybe any better idea that anyone else might have.

- personal idea : Un-killable infested. One that is over mutated, even deadlier than Ancients. Good thing is, it is not aware of our presence. Lotus first warn us that "a dangerous entity is on the ship". The only way to get past safely is by stealth (no, not stealth the entire mission, but, just to be not spotted by it). Loki, Banshee, Ash and enemy radar is very valuable in this case and could emphasize the stealth aspect in this game more.

more health? are you kidding me? how does it make game harder or challenging?

making enemies bullet sponges with weak damage don't create a challenge. you would not hide in cover or panic when you are overrun by enemies if they are just taking lots of time to kill.

you are not leaving your comfort zone with this suggestion.

more damage caused by enemies surely will do the job.

actually ONLY this will make game more challenging.

Edited by n7snk

more health? are you kidding me? how does it make game harder or challenging?

making enemies bullet sponges with weak damage don't create a challenge. you would not hide in cover or panic when you are overrun by enemies if they are just taking lots of time to kill.

you are not leaving your comfort zone with this suggestion.

more damage caused by enemies surely will do the job.

actually ONLY this will make game more challenging.

I dont want normal enemies to be bullet sponges. But right now with a fully moded gun, heavy greneer units for example die easy enough even on higher lvl missions. Killing a heavy greneer on ceres for example(mid lvl planet) requires around one clip from maxed dual vipers and 3 rounds from a maxed heck. And the normal canon fodder units die the moment you look at them. You know, theres a middle ground between too much and not enough? And as i already explained, more health would mean less enemies and this has to be combined with making everything smarter and making all the enemy factions more tactical and less zerg rushy.

Are you serious? You want more health? You want more bullet sponges? Do you really think bullet sponges are the meaning of difficulty?

You want challenge and difficulty? Buff AI, and add NEW UNITS. DON'T rely on blunt nerfs to health and damage for enemies to make them harder.

Are you serious? You want more health? You want more bullet sponges? Do you really think bullet sponges are the meaning of difficulty?

You want challenge and difficulty? Buff AI, and add NEW UNITS. DON'T rely on blunt nerfs to health and damage for enemies to make them harder.

....read the comment directly above yours please....

^Grose^

But anyway, more varied enemies with powerful but dodgeable attacks and special defences are what this game needs imo.

The Grineer missiles and sticky bombs need to be two or 3 times as powerful as they are now. I haven't been bothered by them in ages.

The Corpus are pretty good about this, Moa and Osprey work really well together to keep the battle field fun and dynamic. The Mine Osprey could use a damage buff though, and maybe faster mine detonations.

With all these good ideas floating around, I have confidence that DE will notice some like this one and update 8 will actually be a GOOD update and a much needing buffing for enemies and players alike.

I think enemy that can counter our frames' powers would be better than simply more HP/damage. Worthwhile investment in a long run.

Detector unit: enemies that act that detector, able to detect cloaked frame/sentinel.

Armor cracker unit: able to reduce the efficacy of iron skin/link/overheat. If there is no such frame in the team then reduce armor rating of target.

Shielded unit: immune to AOE powers.

Cloaked unit: remains invisible and deal massive melee damage. Can be detected and shot at by player during cloak.

Tank unit: massive health with power to regenerate health when HP reach certain threshold, have plates of armor that can be shot off to reduce armor rating.

Trapper unit: stationary cloak unit, range attack deal minimal damage but slow the target down. Able to latch itself on target to deal DOT damage and slow the target down even more. Can be removed with QTE or by teammate.

Etc.

The addition of new units is a great suggestion as its relatively predictable how each fight will go based on the limited enemy types currently used. As a relatively new player I also think one feature I think makes the game very interesting is scenarios changing mid-mission such as your objective shifting. More environmental variation or time crunch scenarios would add to the difficulty of the game making an all out slaughter-fest not always the best option. I liked the idea mentioned somewhere of more darkness or vision and movement based changes that occur situationally. Also be interesting to use the lockdown terminals to alter conditions of rooms nearby in order to sneak by problematic units, gain an advantage in an upcoming fight among other options.