The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinels Look Lame

LordMidnightX

Four legged Warframe? Sorry, but as little as Warframe's lore is at the moment, this would just totally not fit in..at all.

https://warframe.com/game/story

Also, there are meant to be advances on this lore, and I personally find the game quite absorbing in that sense. The Tenno race are bipedal, anthropomorphics. The only way I would ever see this fitting in is if there was an animal race added lore-wise that had been fitted with Warframes.

Fitting animals with Warframes seems a bit far fetched to me, in terms of the current lore. Sorry man.

Warframes are machines, The Tenno are not. They could build any shape and control it and use it to fight. 

Warframes are machines, The Tenno are not. They could build any shape and control it and use it to fight. 

Sorry to correct you, but Warframes are actually exoskeleton suits worn by the Tenno in battle. The Tenno are an ancient race of warriors, and the warframes are basically their armor, each frame having very unique abilities.

I AM A BURGER YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

2248095-hamburger_sasb.jpg

/thread?

I'm not ruling out your idea in any way by the way LordMidnightX, it would definitely be nice to see some more sentinels, more varied sentinels. I'm actually not bothering getting one at all, because I have a feeling I'll just regret it when one comes along that I'll actually like.

jeez you people are all $&*^s. And because of it this game will never actually develop. If they listened to you nothing would change. It is my opinion that sentinels look lame But this could also be a new warframe instead of being stuck with the basic two legs two arms and a different skin.

I posted it to Facebook because I didn't feel like signing up for a photo sharing website. 

As to my Model when you can make a better one in an half an hour tell me.  

In fairness, I agree that the sentinels are rubbish looking. I was expecting a machine, not a flying worm or whatever the hell Shade is. A slug?

But yeah either way, it's a good stab at an idea but it's going to fall on itself. I already have issues with my sentinels current AI and implementation, and throwing a stand alone AI into the mix where it runs off and does stuff itself? I'm good on that front. I'd rather just have a sweet looking disc thing mounted on my back that could be slotted with sentinel mods, so I didn't lose the immersion of being a standalone one-man army, rather than a one-man army and his trusty sidekick, Wyrm/Shade/Wolfimus Prime!

Edited by J-Pax

Four legged Warframe? Sorry, but as little as Warframe's lore is at the moment, this would just totally not fit in..at all.

Also, there are meant to be advances on this lore, and I personally find the game quite absorbing in that sense. The Tenno race are bipedal, anthropomorphics. The only way I would ever see this fitting in is if there was an animal race added lore-wise that had been fitted with Warframes.

Fitting animals with Warframes seems a bit far fetched to me, in terms of the current lore. Sorry man.

He's talking about Sentinels.

He's talking about Sentinels.

I game quite a bit but I have never played a game where pets are very useful. Anyway what about the Four legged Warframe

Think I may have slightly misunderstood, but still D:

Edited by Churpy

Lol the lore is such an easy fix I never considered it a problem. I probably should have read some of the lore instead of going off other stuff I read which gave me the idea that the were machines. Anyway I can come up with a dozen reasonable stories to go along with it. Like one of the factions captures a pod and mutates it or mechanically alters it into some sweet cyborg type deal or it a tenno gets infested. All of these could be a reason for a 4 legged tenno to exist. Then before it gets a chance to fully mutate the brain and turn the tenno evil, a squad comes in and rescues them. This could be a mission that drops prints for the new tenno.  

Lol the lore is such an easy fix I never considered it a problem. I probably should have read some of the lore instead of going off other stuff I read which gave me the idea that the were machines. Anyway I can come up with a dozen reasonable stories to go along with it. Like one of the factions captures a pod and mutates it or mechanically alters it into some sweet cyborg type deal or it a tenno gets infested. All of these could be a reason for a 4 legged tenno to exist. Then before it gets a chance to fully mutate the brain and turn the tenno evil, a squad comes in and rescues them. This could be a mission that drops prints for the new tenno.  

But then again, most don't want to change to lore.

Anyways back to the topic, I mean I understand what your goal is, I get it. It is just that there are implementation problems as well as collision problems too, not to mention how it could ever follow ever so agile Frames. Yeah the current sentinels look kind of goofy but I have gotten impressions that they are like that because they could have some origin to Tennos home world (?), maybe, possibly, I don't know. When it comes to  X legged sentinels, I'd be all for it as long as they don't copy idea from anywhere else. The fact still stands that the current coding and mechanics won't allow it to happen and the fact that DE_Steve stated they won't do sentinels who don't float in air and I don't think they will ever have to since most accept sentinels regardless of their looks and the fact they are only floating in air.

To me the current sentinels are just fine. I really don't care how they look since not everything needs to be cool, ugly can be cool too, it has it's own vibe to it and like the first custom item set, there will be more options in the future if it bothers that much. As long as they hang around and make sure I will live another day, I'm fine with them.

Ok I agree the sentinels have to float to keep up but I have had chargers chase me acrossed the whole map so it would be doable although they would have to teleport to you each time they got so far away. But off that topic and onto a four legged Frame. That would be totally awesome and different. Also it wouldn't be changing the Lore at all it would be developing it. There is what about a paragraph on the Tenno. The story line I suggested I think would fit in. They already have super advanced armor and tech so mutating or being captured and mutated or mechanically altered fits. They are still Tenno they are rescued before they brainwash them, or the Tenno themselves could do a little genetic alteration. Instead of just doing the same guys with different skins and powers.

I just wish they stayed out of the camera. Like further back, or sideways...They block part of the screen and can be distracting.

Or maybe crawling instead of flying. Like, one of those annoying grineer balls, following you around...

I agree.

(In reply about the additional lore)

I still don't think it would fit into the universe at all. I don't really claim to know an awful lot about Warframe lore but I feel that I know enough to say that it just simply wouldn't fit in.

It's hard to explain. I just don't imagine Warframe adopting such an idea, it seems very out-of-style of the game. I'm sure it's already been raised in the thread - the game is "odd" in the sense that it has quite a unique style - your ideas are, no offense, quite cliché and I think they would give the game a more gimmicky feel. I don't play Warframe for it's generic content. Simply because there isn't any. The game DOES need expansions on the lore but with the way the developers are wanting to take it, I'm far more interested in that.

Rather than developing a random, unprovoked side story on mutating Tenno into animals, I would instead like to see a thought provoking and interesting addition to the lore, which would have a more serious effect on gameplay - or simply just new and refreshing content.

At the end of the day (this will probably be misinterpreted), I see Warframe as quite a simple game, and that's why I love it. You got your Warframe, your weapons, and some people have a sentinel, and then you just drop in and play in 10 seconds flat and you're killing stuff. The story is simple enough to not get in the way, but not so simple that it doesn't make any sense.

To put it in as cheesy a way as possible - tacking on features to the side of the skyscraper that is Warframe, will not help build it up. Although some innovative sentinel ideas would be nice, I don't feel it's the way forward :(

Edited by Churpy