Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do People Feel About Ordis?

Jimmeyred

Ordis serves his purpose, and I don't intend to give him up anytime, I understand he can get on your nerves sometimes but he's helpful enough to more than make up for that, however with that said a voice reprogramming system wouldn't be a bad investment

Edited by Calar_BladeShroud

It's good to hear I'm not the only one harbouring murderous thoughts about Ordis. The reasons are threefold:

1. The text box gets in the way of menus, simple as that. Especially annoying if you're trying to make a quick sale and time is of the essence, however also teeth grindingly annoying if you're just messing about with appearance customisation and every time you try a slightly different shade of white you have to sit and wait for him to stop talking so you can see the menu again.

2. The frequency of his little comments is ridiculous. I get that when DE added more dialogue they wanted it to be heard but not only has it been heard, it's been heard to death. It's like trying to concentrate on something while Sheldon from Big Bang Theory does his door knocking routine right next to your head over and over. Horrible.

3. It's spoiled something that used to be quite beautiful, I used to be affectionate to Ordis and now thanks to the above reasons I want to split him in twain with my Gram and boot him out into space. It's a shame.

Fortunately, it's easy to fix. If you're reading this DE, please reduce the frequency to what it used to be and have an option to remove the dialogue box to go along with the option to mute him. Please.

Ordis was my favorite character! Until he started to repeat the same things over and over and over. I had no idea you could mute him in the Options - I still think he's adorable but I gotta make him shut up since I heard all of his lines...

I still like him a whole lot more than Lotus and wish we could choose him to do the mission briefings.

-snip-

This "mute" function we have now is a joke, it only silences audio. It needs a proper toggle (that also affects comms popup) between:

-all lines

-only notifications (mail, foundry etc)

-none

PS

First two options should also make sure his quest lines are enabled.

I think this is a very good idea, except quest lines should always be on, bc otherwise darvo and lotus would talk with themselves wich would be a little weird.

Both Lotus and Ordis should be  muted and disabled for repetitive missions, only when something new is added they should speak.
Vor too, he talks too much, nobody cares anymore... He should come like Stalker, in and out maybe 1 line tops. Like: "Here comes Vor... again..."

Yes it is nice to have them, but I heard everything they have to say by now, and many times. Thank you for making them, now make them go away. Add in settings to mute them and disable the popup... Its pointless for Lotus to say they spotted you since I can hear the alarm... Captain obvious...

Does anyone else think that there should be an option to mute Ordis? I find him to be very nerve grinding at times, the feeling could be compared to running a cheese grater up and down my ears, Does anyone else feel this way? Let me know what you think!

YES!!! PLZ ADD THIS INTO AUDIO OPTIONS, DE!!!!!!!!

Good concept, awful execution. For those of you who have played the game, if he had sounded like the Crysis Suit's AI and had more serious lines rather than being a crap attempt at comic relief then less people would complain. Hell, I'd rather have a stoic and matter of fact AI tell me alarms are active than the Lotus. It just seems odd that she would narrate every mission.