Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Release Date And Konami Apologizes

TheErebus.

So first off, let's kick it with Konami apologizing.

http://www.pcgamer.com/konami-apologizes-for-causing-anxiety/

So if you recall from earlier threads of mine, Konami has stated that it'll be shifting to Mobile gaming as their primary platform and that it is where the future of gaming lies. 

Yeah that was BS. Here's what he actually said (as posted from here: 

"I felt strongly that from now on, mobile will be at the heart of game platforms, and that we need a business strategy which creates games in accordance with observations of consumer usage trends. Arcade games, console games, card games; we need to shift from selling 'physical things' to selling 'intangible things'," CEO Hideki Hayakawa told Nikkei Trendy, viaGamesIndustryRecently I hear the phrase 'mobile first' a lot, but for our company, 'mobile first' doesn't mean just doing mobile," he said. "Rather, it means that we will combine the use of mobile, the platform which is closest to our customers, with consoles, arcade games and card games, construct a portfolio, expand the styles of play and our customer base."

Now let's get on with the Soma release date:

http://www.pcgamer.com/soma-frictionals-new-horror-game-arrives-in-september/

So as most of you would know, I didn't care for Amnesia. I thought it had many flaws and wasn't deserving of all the praise it got. Soma will be released on September 22nd.

After watching the gameplay video of it, it reminds me of Penumbra, which was the precursor to Amnesia (and a game series I highly recommend you play, ignore the third one though, it isn't interesting.) which already makes me more interested in it than I will ever be with Amnesia.

Don't mess it up Frictional Games.

Edited by TheErebus.