The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Who've Bought Plat.

(PSN)TheArrowOfGod

Question

I do.

IF you are getting all of them buy the first, then second, then third.

It lowers the price and you get a bit more plat that way.

(You pay the same as just buying the third but you get a few hundred plat more, from memory.)

Edited by InhibitedFox

Never bought plats, traded for everything I own but I'd probably get some plats if I was to get that 75% discount.

Considering how fast I burn through plats though, I'd say that buying some at anything less than 75% discount is rather expensive, some people don't care since they have money and like to spend it that way, but I really don't think it's worth it.

Prime Access wise, if you really want/like the new primes, I guess you could go for it :)

Never bought plats, traded for everything I own but I'd probably get some plats if I was to get that 75% discount.

Considering how fast I burn through plats though, I'd say that buying some at anything less than 75% discount is rather expensive, some people don't care since they have money and like to spend it that way, but I really don't think it's worth it.

Prime Access wise, if you really want/like the new primes, I guess you could go for it :)

My friend who I work for made 200k in under a month. D:... I also live with him for free...(And that 200k was just from one job.. he made more than that..)

So, that's how I get all the money I spend.. but I try to save most of it.

I don't even care what the price is, I put money in fairly often, simply because Warframe has given me hundreds more hours of enjoyment than almost any other game, and I want to support DE.  If I have nothing I need the plat for immediately, I buy gifts for my friends.

I also like supporting DE just because the people who work there are absolutely awesome and live quite near me :)  Go go Gadget Canadian game studio.

I only buy plat when I get 75% off usually 1k plat or 2k plat and I get 75% off every week and I also buy primed accessories if I like what they are offering so go figure.  :/

Edit: But I don't only buy plat I also earn it through trade made about 5k plat already from trade and spent about 3k of it don't know where I spent it though probably rushing formas or formas for my 200+ weapons.

I buy plat about once a month, when I get a discount of 50%. Only ever had 2 75% discounts, and one of them was a few days after the first, so didn't capitalize.

The game is worth supporting, but I don't feel plat is worth what you get without discounts. Also, buying anything from the market via plat - other than untradeables like slots and palettes - is not worth it, period. Why pay 200 for a weapon when you can get a prime or faction item for 30? Even if you have to buy a slot and catalyst, that only takes it up to 56 max, for what's usually a better item.

Hellz yeah, it's worth it for having the option of, "screw it I can't be bothered waiting" sometimes, and it's worth it to support DE.  I buy roughly the same amount of plat per month (only on the discounts) that I would have spent on a subscription MMO, and I feel I get good value for it.

This game definitely has one of the best f2p implementations of any game out there, the psychological transition between grinding for your stuff, and occasionally just buying something you want, is seamless.  I never feel I'm pulled out of the game "cheating" buying plat, or that I'd much rather buy plat instead of grinding.  Both options are there, and both work fine to the extent that you enjoy utilizing them.

have around 210 hours logged so far (only been playing a bit more than a month) and so far have bought the 370 plat and 1000 plat both while on 50% discount.  If i ever get the 75% i will buy the 4000 plat pack or if a prime comes up i like with good weapons and stuff might get one of those.

If you are enjoying the game that you paid nothing for show some support, when i got the 50% and bought the 30 plat pack most of that went towards slots, slots and more slots.....  and a synoid gammacor, few potatoes during the buy 1 get 1 free promo and thats about it.  That $11 immensely helped me enjoy warframe more buy allowing me to keep more frames and weapons.   

JUST DO IT....   *insert Shia LaBeouf here

Edited  by Robj414

Guest (PS4)CowboyJeff72

Its obviously a better value to wait for one of the discounts to get a much better plat vs. real money ratio. But if you have the spare cash and you want to help support DE to keep the game going and updated, by all means, buy what you feel comfortable spending money on. I have done it and I don't regret it one bit. I bought most of mine during the Den of Kubrow discount weeks though. In the end, if you want to support the game and your real life needs are met, drop what you want on it. It only helps you, DE, and by extension, the rest of the community in the long run.

Guest (PS4)CowboyJeff72

Considering you won't be getting a discount because you are on console, I'd wait for the next prime access if you don't want the current one for the massive discount for the plat it has.

I felt it was worth it to support DE.

We don't have the plat discounts on PS4 that they have on PC, but you can do the Renown Packs. Those are a decent value, though not much plat. 

If you've got the cash (which I don't), the Prime Access is a pretty good deal. 

We do get some, there was a 30% discount on plat during the Den of Kubrows event. But I honestly don't know how often that happens for consoles not only being new to the game, but not even having had my PS4 six months. LOL

Did you think the amount of plat you got was worth what you paid for? Should I just wait for the next prime access and get plat that way? I traded my way to 1000+ so far. Scored a good paying job and Its time i pay DE back for the fun and memories.

Yes.  I have not bought much of it, and each time was during a discount daily coupon, so I got a decent amount for a few bucks.  Buying plat does a few things... it supports the game, which I am positive about doing because I have enjoied the game and want to encourage ongoing development.  It also helps you buy things -- personally, the trade channel and kludgy travel-to-trade interface turn me off so I avoid that as much as I can.   I used my bought plat to get started though, and you seem to be established.  I was buying things like extra slots (weapons, frames, etc), some starter forma/cats (I know, patience, but early on, just a few of these helped me a lot)  and I also bought a few fun things (couple of color grids, etc). 

With 1000 in your hand, before buying more, ask yourself what you are going to do with it...   if you want to support the game, that is fine, but from an economical standpoint, I would advise you to spend what you have before buying more.    Or, if you want something that costs more than 1k, then you might buy more.  But think it out.

We do get some, there was a 30% discount on plat during the Den of Kubrows event. But I honestly don't know how often that happens for consoles not only being new to the game, but not even having had my PS4 six months. LOL

It doesn't happen often. Part of the difference is that those plat sales go through Sony on PS4. On PC, they give them out as login rewards.