Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thunderbolt Not Affected By Damage Mods?

Buggy

From what i can tell on the wiki, the damage from exploding arrows isn't affected by ANY damage mods. Meaning it does a measly 250 damage. Please tell me this isn't true and I didn't waste a catalyst

Have you even used it yet? I know a few of people who have and they love it, and yes they bring it to high level defenses. Just consider yourself lucky and use it happily. I've been looking for that mod for f***ing ever. -_-"

Have you even used it yet? I know a few of people who have and they love it, and yes they bring it to high level defenses. Just consider yourself lucky and use it happily. I've been looking for that mod for f***ing ever. -_-"

I don't have it YET, and the only reason im still farming xini for it is that I find it hard to believe DE could have possibly considered nerfing something so horribly. When I do find it, if it seriously ISN'T affected by serration or elemental mods and is infact useless, I'll probably just use it for fusing and trash my (catalyzed)Paris. Edited by Buggy

I don't have it YET, and the only reason im still farming xini for it is that I find it hard to believe DE could have possibly considered nerfing something so horribly. When I do find it, if it seriously ISN'T affected by serration or elemental mods and is infact useless, I'll probably just use it for fusing and trash my (catalyzed)Paris.

250 isn't scratch damage. It's a free AoE damage attack.

And it wasn't nerfed, elements and serration effecting it was a bug.

Thunderbolt just isn't good, it's not "250 free AoE damage", it's 75 unreliable damage per *shot*, 150 unreliable damage per shot presuming you have maxed multishot already. Serration adds the same damage per shot and is 100% reliable, and the elemental mods add another 90% that scales on top of serration. Split chamber, serration, and the 4 elementals are flat out better than thunderbolt aside from the very, very few situations where lots of mobs can be gathered around for long enough to guaranteed at least one thunderbolt explosion that won't hit you too (basically only infested defense).

Because of this, it's rare for no reason other than it's "neat". If your paris isn't potatoed those other 6 mods will be flat out better and even if it is, maxing those other 6 would be better. We won't even compare the DPS on other weapons to assess the usefulness of this mod. It's essentially a cosmetic mod to use for really really niche situations, for that reason it either needs to be made to be common, or it needs to be more powerful in a wider range of situations.

Thunderbolt just isn't good, it's not "250 free AoE damage", it's 75 unreliable damage per *shot*, 150 unreliable damage per shot presuming you have maxed multishot already. Serration adds the same damage per shot and is 100% reliable, and the elemental mods add another 90% that scales on top of serration. Split chamber, serration, and the 4 elementals are flat out better than thunderbolt aside from the very, very few situations where lots of mobs can be gathered around for long enough to guaranteed at least one thunderbolt explosion that won't hit you too (basically only infested defense).

Because of this, it's rare for no reason other than it's "neat". If your paris isn't potatoed those other 6 mods will be flat out better and even if it is, maxing those other 6 would be better. We won't even compare the DPS on other weapons to assess the usefulness of this mod. It's essentially a cosmetic mod to use for really really niche situations, for that reason it either needs to be made to be common, or it needs to be more powerful in a wider range of situations.

I'm pretty sure it's 250 damage.

Flat damage seems like a pretty stupid idea. It'll be OP at lower levels and useless at higher ones.

However, does anyone here actually have thunderbolt, or are we all just speculating based on a notoriously unreliable wiki? 

I'm pretty sure it's 250 damage.

It's 250 damage..... with a 30% chance maxed, meaning it does 75 potential damage a shot. With 100% multi-shot it doubles that per-shot. As I explained other mods meet or beat that with *zero* chance of failing, so the only thing thunderbolt brings is AoE, and the only faction that clusters close is infested, and usually only in defense missions.