The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Mods Disappear If You Don't Pick Them Up For Too Long?

Zerkev

Question

10 answers to this question

Yes it is possible they disappear sometimes, this must be fixed.

i.e. i killed a poor abused moa-it was kind enough to drop a mod for me after 6! seconds(yes i counted) while i killed his brother the mod wasnt there anymore (nomal ground no holes)

Edited by 3th3ndil

As far as i have seen no. Mods never disappear (but they can bug inside of objects and stuff) also if they fly off the edge of a cliff they will respawn somewhere. The above post could be correct though (i haven't tested it)

However i know for certain that components do disappear and i have seen that happen a few times. It's quite annoying really if i'm trying to farm components and someone who's a bit ahead of me had the component drop, marks it and then it's not there.

Edited by rabcor

Heres where the confusion is coming from.

If a player picks up a mod, it will NOT despawn (within 10 minutes, at least, a long time, never stuck around to test it).

However, if NO ONE has picked up the mod, it will despawn fairly quickly, probably around the 2 minute mark.

I play almost exclusively solo and my experience seems to be that anything dropped by a mob or a destructible container will eventually despawn. The timer is pretty long, not sure exactly *how* long, but unfortunately sometimes it's shorter than the time it takes me to clear the room. I've come back after an entire mission and found items still at the foot of the locker they fell out of though, so it seems that locker items do not despawn.