Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Edc?

Imaru

I bought it as a birthday gift for myself. My birthday is in May.

That said, your statement is a testament to their durability.

Tally of damage...

* broke the smallest screwdriver tip trying to do wrong things with it.

* diamond file is a bit disgusting looking and not terribly aggressive these days

* main hinge joints are a bit loose (tool still locks into open position as designed)

* wire cutter jaws have a ding in them from cutting hardened wire (not designed to cut hardened wire)

But still. For something so old and endlessly used, has held up remarkably well.

Texas. One's a barbeque gun, the other actually has range time... :D

hahaha "this gun shoots pulled pork barbecue sandwiches"

Seriously though, I only question the logic behind carrying two guns. It's not like you're walking around with flintlock pistols, so the "because reloading is stupid" answer wouldn't make sense to me either. Multiple calipers also doesn't make much sense to me, but then again I train to one caliber for my concealed. I train for reloads. I train for reaction. All of which involve muscle memory. To introduce another firearm, you're now introducing more muscle memory to implement. More room to mess up. Just doesn't make sense to me. I'd love to hear the owner of that post and his reasoning. No judgement. I'm just curious, is all.

hahaha "this gun shoots pulled pork barbecue sandwiches"

Seriously though, I only question the logic behind carrying two guns. It's not like you're walking around with flintlock pistols, so the "because reloading is stupid" answer wouldn't make sense to me either. Multiple calipers also doesn't make much sense to me, but then again I train to one caliber for my concealed. I train for reloads. I train for reaction. All of which involve muscle memory. To introduce another firearm, you're now introducing more muscle memory to implement. More room to mess up. Just doesn't make sense to me. I'd love to hear the owner of that post and his reasoning. No judgement. I'm just curious, is all.

rowdy-bbq.jpg

Pulled pork sandwiches is aiming too small. :D

Personally I reckon that poster is making fun of us and our SUPA SIRIUS weapons discussion. Otherwise they'd be clinking when they walk. That said, I have known folks who will carry a full-size semiauto on the hip and a back-up .38 in an ankle holster, but that seems to have been an older trend - probably influenced by cop shows of the time. Much like the tacticool parade was influenced by the media of our time.

Waiting for John Wick to bring nice suits into the meta. :D

rowdy-bbq.jpg

Pulled pork sandwiches is aiming too small. :D

Personally I reckon that poster is making fun of us and our SUPA SIRIUS weapons discussion. Otherwise they'd be clinking when they walk. That said, I have known folks who will carry a full-size semiauto on the hip and a back-up .38 in an ankle holster, but that seems to have been an older trend - probably influenced by cop shows of the time. Much like the tacticool parade was influenced by the media of our time.

Waiting for John Wick to bring nice suits into the meta. :D

True. Reason I ask is because I have a good friend how double carries on occasion. Both semi auto, both concealed. It's very interesting. He keeps his subcompact at the 3 o'clock and his full size on the 9 o'clock at cross draw. Basically, if they don't go down by the end of the magazine in the 9mm, the .45acp comes out. He also cracks the joke "I'll probably be running as well, because I've clearly started a firefight with a zombie". Edited by (XB1)Ehrgeiz X

• 1 month later...

Another thing I always carry is a carabiner or two. I am of the opinion that they do not take up space: they make it. 

It is always good to be able to clip something onto something else to get it out of the way if you need to.