The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Slang?

Yippi789

Question

I have been seeing a bunch of weird things in Recruiting chat, Trading chat, etc. And I just feel left out when I am looking for a squad because every message is "TF So and so" and for Trade chat its "WTB For this" or "WTS For that" and I am just in recruitment chat like "Anyone wanna help me with missions ._." and no one replies, so could I have some help with the abbreviations/slang of Warframe chat. Also how do people trade stuff through chat? are their lobbies I am supposed to go to? This game is like Borderlands 2 but with a twist, making me understand some of it. 

8 answers to this question

For trade : WTB = want to buy. WTS = want to sell. WTT = want to trade and so on

For recruiting : LF = looking for (this or that) and H = hosting.

Thats pretty much it : )

Oh and also, for trading just write down WTB or WTS  depending on what you are looking for. Ex : I sell gleaming talon for 25p so i would write WTS  gleaming talon 25p.

Edited by Stoner74

WTB = Want to buy

WTS = Want to sell

LF= looking for

Ones you'll see a lot in trading and recruiting.

Trading is done via a trading post in a clan dojo. You both join the dojo after agreeing to trade, use the trading post, trade your items and your done. 

WTB = Want to buy

WTS = Want to sell

LF= looking for

Ones you'll see a lot in trading and recruiting.

Trading is done via a trading post in a clan dojo. You both join the dojo after agreeing to trade, use the trading post, trade your items and your done. 

They can't just spell "Looking for" out? lol

Some more slang is stuff such as

Potato = Reactors/Catalysts. Often "Blue Potato" or "Gold Potato" for their respective types

When trading mods often people will include stuff such as Unranked, R1-9, and Maxed. R is for Rank, followed by the rank # of the mod.

OK, hope this helps.

Recruiting:

LF - Looking for (wants to join a mission someone is hosting)

H - Hosting 

ODD - Orokin Derelict Defense (ODA - Assassinate, ODS - Survival)

Trading:

WTB - Want to buy (for platinum)

WTS - Want to sell (for platinum)

WTT - Want to trade (e.g. a mod for a prime part)

PC - Price check (someone is asking for the average price of a particular item)

In order to trade items you need to go to a clan's Dojo (can be any not just your own) and use the trading post there.

On the note of WTT: it'll help if you specify which you're trading for and which you're offering.

E.g. WTT>Streamline for flow. It's ambiguous whether you're offering to trade your streamline for someone's flow or whether you're willing to trade someone's streamline for your flow.

They can't just spell "Looking for" out? lol

It's not about spelling, is about cleanliness and ease of view. Acronyms in caps stand out better than the entire phrase so people can spot them more easily as they move fast. Also, the trade and recruit tabs are a mess. Trade with people spamming paragraphs, can't imagine how much worse it would be if everyone started typing entire sentences in there. On recruit, it would make things worse, it moves fast, but it's clean due to the nature of requests, although some people take the liberty of writing paragraphs of their reasoning behind their LF, or restrictions in their LF.

Of course it all would be fixed if we had a proper organized trade and recruit system, instead of a communal square where everyone screams their request pushing others aside, spitting, throwing lettuce in the air and tomatoes in each other's faces.

Edited by nms64