The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What About Adding Voices To Our Warframes?

BIGBOOOOOOOOSS

imagine to ear the voice of your warframe speaking, isn't that awesome? dubbing warframe it's not easy, i don't know if they will add human voices or alien voices but i prefer human voices, that would be really cool. i can't wait for that! tell me if you like the idea or have suggestions , 

This suggestion has come up occasionally over the years and has been shot down by the development team every time. Warframes are not meant to have voices because that would take away from the character diversity and remove some of the player's ability to represent themselves in game through their Tenno/Warframe. I'm in agreement with the developers on this one. Not giving the Tenno set appearances/voices allows for the player to imagine the Tenno as anyone they wish.

This suggestion has come up occasionally over the years and has been shot down by the development team every time. Warframes are not meant to have voices because that would take away from the character diversity and remove some of the player's ability to represent themselves in game through their Tenno/Warframe. I'm in agreement with the developers on this one. Not giving the Tenno set appearances/voices allows for the player to imagine the Tenno as anyone they wish.

This

i prefer not having them talk, Tenno don't have to wear microphones and speakers so warframes can "speak", we're connected by somewhat a neural link to our allies nearby, ie; seeing silhouettes of allies on wall, player HP bars on UI,

the microphone is the mic for the player. in-game its not really with it, it just for more teamwork communication or so.

and besides, Lotus is our mouth.

Would ruin Warframes to me. Part of what makes them so intimidating is their lack of sound, it gives them an otherworldly quality, mainly because they don't react at all when being hurt. If they ran about talking all over the place they would just become generic action hero's no. 10598

Also that. If I want my Ash to sound like an 80 year old Russian man who begrudgingly goes on missions and complains about "You young Tenno and you'r fancy explosives. Back in my day we used knives and damn well liked it" then my Ash will be a 80 year old russian complaining on missions. 

Edited by DecapitatingJim

No we are just silent killers going about our way and destroying everything that stands in our paths. We don't need our voices to express ourselves we have our blades, guns and skills that do that for us and I must say our actions definitely send a greater impact/message than words will ever do.

Edited by HARDCORE_DAVE

With valkyre being the sole and only exception to this, the Development team has already stated more than just once, that tenno will not get any voices to not break the immersion.

Valkyres screams being only expressions of hatred and anger, not really speaking words and just screaming a lot, seems to be the only exception people will get, which also makes sense, since she has been tormented for a longer time when Alad V was manufacturing Zanuka. If you have followed the Devstreams you might find a picture of the upcoming restored valkyre skin, that features similarities in terms of looks with Zanuka.

Nah i dont want this... adding voices to all bosses would be great though! Some past events have really stood out because of the dialogue and delivery of the bosses who were the focal point of them... the others should get the same treatment instead of speaking their own language lingo (as long as thats not too lore breaking)