The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Please Answer Us! Will You Buff Any Contents Inside The Founder Pack?

tripletriple

The problem is, with that thing they only would like the banana.

With the current situation, they want the yellow orange and the BUFF to be opened to them also.

The desirable level on both is the same because they're exclusive in both situations.

It is NOT the same. If I am the owner of a one of a kind item it is a far different need for them than if I have one of 200 of an item...

Mirage, Limbo, and Chromo follow aspects of current lore. Lore that doesn't seem appropriate is removed entirely. New lore must correspond with older lore. Your "shield efficiency modular" that is exclusively for a Dex Excalibur doesn't have enough backstory with explain why it would even be compatible only with a specific Warframe.

Yes it does. Read this:

You can only use one of the shield modulator because of it's unusual technology, which also means it can't be replicated. Because Excalibur's prime has been "Lost to the void" the Lotus decides to create a Dex Excalibur to "replace" his prime.  

I don't see any lore violations, and this seems to fit all logical requirements. 

you lost me on the fruit. also you made me hungry now. to what we were talking about. if there were an exclusive set of 1 frame and 2 weapons, then there are bound to be prime variants. if those primes exist, they'd have to be only accessible to founders since it would kinda be a giant middle finger. "hey you know that exclusive frame you bought for $250? well here is an even better version that everyone else can use :D" it's going to be the same regardless of what the exclusive set is. someone is gonna want it to get tweaked. someone will say no because they cannot get it. it will be a cycle of the same crap over and over again

except to make it fair, the part should be usable on all frames, not just excalibur, which goes back to rendering primes useless if you can just take the vanilla and make it as strong, or even better than the prime version

You aren't upgrading a frame. A new frame is being constructed to incorporate the new technology. 

And you don't think that the Tenno would discover how to make THEIR frames stronger rather than or before an AI that usually can only state the obvious and send the oddest wake up calls in hotel history? (sorry I need to make SOME jokes....too much serious)

We can't modify it because we didn't have the part, and the lotus only informs us of its existence and location after we re-awaken. (No problem, this thread needs some jokes)>

Yes it does. Read this:

You can only use one of the shield modulator because of it's unusual technology, which also means it can't be replicated. Because Excalibur's prime has been "Lost to the void" the Lotus decides to create a Dex Excalibur to "replace" his prime.  

I don't see any lore violations, and this seems to fit all logical requirements. 

You aren't upgrading a frame. A new frame is being constructed to incorporate the new technology. 

We can't modify it because we didn't have the part, and the lotus only informs us of its existence and location after we re-awaken. (No problem, this thread needs some jokes)>

Unusual technology, Orokin? No it can't be Orokin otherwise it wouldn't unusual. Then what? Sentient? The only sentient thing that a Warframe can wear seems to be Chroma's pelt. Also, why would Lotus specifically pick Excalibur to receive the "shield efficiency modular"? Why would Lotus only pick one single Warframe from the crowd to receive this buff? Wouldn't she want to incorporate this technology into all Warframes? How would she know how to make a frame that can take in this unusual technology if she didn't know enough about it (If she did, why would it be unusual technology?)? 

Also, lore violation. The sentient were so advanced in cyberwarfare that they turned Orokin technology against the Orokin. If a Tenno takes in sentient technology into their suit (made by orokin). They would undoubtingly have been controlled. It would be as if putting a virus into a USB drive, and then uploading that virus into a offline computer, rather than hacking the computer via wireless connection. 

Edited by Prometheium

No one HAS the ability or tech to replace a Prime. Basic Frames are as strong as anyone living can make frames to be...

I DO see a way out though..... Remember Sentients? They LEFT back when the Orokin were still alive (got that behind kicked somethin fierce)...

It IS possible that they have remnants and/or data on the subject...They are machines....they could have all the needed data stored within themselves....They could even have ships filled with dead Tenno and empty suits ( or wherever they kept captured and tortured Tenno)...

I can see THOUSANDS of things they can do with the Sentients in ALL KINDS of directions....I love you Overactive Imagination....

To all of you demanding the re-release of Excal P. Would you buy any of their "exclusive" accessories after they did so? I know I wouldn't.

Right? Every single Prime Accessory Pack would be fair game REGARDLESS of the price  paid for it....

Unusual technology, Orokin? No it can't be Orokin otherwise it wouldn't unusual. Then what? Sentient? The only sentient thing that a Warframe can wear seems to be Chroma's pelt. Also, why would Lotus specifically pick Excalibur to receive the "shield efficiency modular"? Why would Lotus only pick one single Warframe from the crowd to receive this buff? Wouldn't she want to incorporate this technology into all Warframes?

Also, lore violation. The sentient were so advanced in cyberwarfare that they turned Orokin technology against the Orokin. If a Tenno takes in sentient technology into their suit (made by orokin). They would undoubtingly have been controlled. It would be as if putting a virus into a USB drive, and then uploading that virus into a offline computer, rather than hacking the computer via wireless connection. 

Did I say it was sentient created? No, I didn't.  Therefore, your entire second paragraph is a wasted effort. 

The lotus picked Excal because his prime is unobtainable. She only made this one advanced frame because she only had this one module. 

The technology could have been engineered by just about anyone. It could have been made by alad v, in a desperate effort to increase the shield output on Zanuka. Because alad worked on the technology alone, no one knows what his process was or what he used, so we are unable to replicate it (This is just an example).

Also, please read the whole post if you intend to respond. Some of your initial questions were stated in my post. 

Did I say it was sentient created? No, I didn't.  Therefore, your entire second paragraph is a wasted effort. 

The lotus picked Excal because his prime is unobtainable. She only made this one advanced frame because she only had this one module. 

The technology could have been engineered by just about anyone. It could have been made by alad v, in a desperate effort to increase the shield output on Zanuka. Because alad worked on the technology alone, no one knows what his process was or what he used, so we are unable to replicate it (This is just an example).

Also, please read the whole post if you intend to respond. Some of your initial questions were stated in my post. 

I noticed that. If it was engineered by Alad V whom uses, what did he base it off from? We know the Corpus reverse engineer Orokin technology, but aren't able to produce anything that is on par with a Warframe without cannibalizing other Warframes. So... Why would it be compatible with a Warframe if it wasn't reverse-engineered? If it was reverse-engineered, wouldn't Lotus have noticed this and attempted to create replicas, or lesser versions. Then issue the device to all Tenno?

Edited by Prometheium

You can only use one of the shield modulator because of it's unusual technology, which also means it can't be replicated. 

This just seems like a cop out. There's a difference between expanding the lore to justify an upgrade to a frame and having a super special black box technology that can't be replicated and can only be used once but can somehow be used to create thousands of frames. That's well into &#! pull territory.

Not to mention there's really no reason for Excal to get a special version. It won't please the people who want Excal Prime, it will open the door to all frames having special versions on top of existing primes, and it generally won't make any sense. Just toss in a prisma skin or something and call it a day.

But you ignore the fact that stronger than basic frames can ONLY be made by the Orokin,and that you're not the only Excal in the game world...So if she DID have just ONE module she'd basically toss it...since it would cause the Tenno to fight each other rather than everyone else...

I noticed that. If it was engineered by Alad V whom uses, what did he base it off from? We know the Corpus reverse engineer Orokin technology, but aren't able to produce anything that is on par with a Warframe without cannibalizing other Warframes. So... Why would it be compatible with a Warframe if it wasn't reverse-engineered? If it was reverse-engineered, wouldn't Lotus have noticed this and attempted to create replicas, or lesser versions. Then issue the device to all Tenno?

So A few things about what both you and Vaugahn said.

Firstly, alad could have used a combination of corpus technology and infested biology to create the part with the efficiency that it has.

Secondly, The dex frame is constructed as a way of making use of the technology. Essentially, this new frame is made so that the shield modulator can work on a warframe. You can't just slap it on any warframe and then call it a day.

Thirdly, this game has a sense of you (as the operator) being (to a limited extent) a singular protagonist. In essence, the part is only one part, and is only creating one warframe, for you, the operator who found the part. 

We see this singular protagonist effect on quests like chroma's. There isn't a million operators, all with a million ordis' (Orids' cephalon type is very rare, as we know from the quest), all working with simaris and all capturing a million different chroma's. There is one operator, played by the player, who captured the one chroma, with assistance from one ordis, simaris, and Lotus. 

Edited by (PS4)deathfrombelow5

So A few things about what both you and Vaugahn said.

Firstly, alad could have used a combination of corpus technology and infested biology to create the part with the efficiency that it has.

Secondly, The dex frame is constructed as a way of making use of the technology. Essentially, this new frame is made so that the shield modulator can work on a warframe. You can't just slap it on any warframe and then call it a day.

Thirdly, this game has a sense of you (as the operator) being (to a limited extent) a singular protagonist. In essence, the part is only one part, and is only creating one warframe, for you, the operator who found the part. 

We see this singular protagonist effect on quests like chroma's. There isn't a million operators, all with a million ordis' (Orids' cephalon type is very rare, as we know from the quest), all working with simaris and all capturing a million different chroma's. There is one operator, played by the player, who captured the one chroma, with assistance from one ordis, simaris, and Lotus. 

We have clan dojo's that have item research from all factions (Grineer, Corpus, Infested), so why couldn't lotus mass produce this "shield efficiency modular" ? We have the materials, and a modulator, along with better technology than the Corpus (assuming that we're able to mass produce lesser versions of Prime warframes, and they can't).

Edited by Prometheium

Ok so then running multiplayer missions and being in a clan is all figments of Tenno imagination?

Yes,you are but a single Tenno...But you are not the ONLY Tenno,nor is there but ONE of any frame...

The biggest flaw in that being that if there WERE only one of each frame then there would have only been so many Tenno to exist in the first place....and Lore points to there being a LOT of them...and not just one of any particular type.

Edited by Chaosyn

Relays are an in-world location where many tenno interact. You typically have three other tenno with you. Clans are also an in-world construct, with big dojos being built for tenno to hang out in. The lotus makes references to your cell, and speaks of the tenno as a large fighting force.

Also as we know there are many different types of cephalon, so there could well be a million Ordis-type cephalons which are still rare compared to the rest.

As for your second point, why? Again, that's just an &#! pull. Saying that this mysterious black box technology can't be used on a regular warframe because that's how it is is the same as saying it only has one use and can't be reproduced. 

Ah, you know what? Most of this thread is basically the fallacy of generalization from fictional evidence.

Now I'm not too sure about this one, but isn't generalization from fictional evidence when you draw real world conclusions from fictional evidence? We're drawing fictional conclusions from fictional evidence so I don't know if that counts.

Now I'm not too sure about this one, but isn't generalization from fictional evidence when you draw real world conclusions from fictional evidence? We're drawing fictional conclusions from fictional evidence so I don't know if that counts.

According to RationalWiki "This tactic was deployed by candidates in the 2008 Republican presidential debates, when many of the candidates referenced the television series 24 to support their national security policies." Like them, we referenced company policies and decisions based on fiction.

Edited by Prometheium

We have clan dojo's that have item research from all factions (Grineer, Corpus, Infested), so why couldn't lotus mass produce this "shield efficiency modular" ? We have the materials, and a modulator, along with better technology than the Corpus (assuming that we're able to mass produce lesser versions of Prime warframes, and they can't).

This was a technology made by Alad V himself. There are some technologies possessed by the corpus that we can't replicate. Otherwise we would have "Pet Zanuka's" and would be able to counteract Mutalist alad V's control collar. 

Relays are an in-world location where many tenno interact. You typically have three other tenno with you. Clans are also an in-world construct, with big dojos being built for tenno to hang out in. The lotus makes references to your cell, and speaks of the tenno as a large fighting force.

Also as we know there are many different types of cephalon, so there could well be a million Ordis-type cephalons which are still rare compared to the rest.

As for your second point, why? Again, that's just an ! pull. Saying that this mysterious black box technology can't be used on a regular warframe because that's how it is is the same as saying it only has one use and can't be reproduced. 

The tenno may be a large fighting force, but there is evidence that we are unique among them. Again, the quest series, and assassinations in general, imply that the single person protagonist approach is being taken. 

Take a look at Dark Souls for a comparison. You are the protagonist, the undead king, but can still join covenants (clans), be assisted by others, and help others kill bosses that you have already killed. But you are clearly the single protagonist of your world. 

To my second point, I am saying that this technology was not meant for a warframe. Therefore, a new frame had to be constructed to make use of the component. Im not sure how this is a "! pull". This "Dex frame" is built on the shield modulator. That is how it incorporates the tech.

This is the last response I will make to this, as I have already derailed 2 pages of this thread. I would be happy to discuss it in a separate thread, or in a pm if you wish. 

This was a technology made by Alad V himself. There are some technologies possessed by the corpus that we can't replicate. Otherwise we would have "Pet Zanuka's" and would be able to counteract Mutalist alad V's control collar. 

To my second point, I am saying that this technology was not meant for a warframe. Therefore, a new frame had to be constructed to make use of the component. Im not sure how this is a "! pull". This "Dex frame" is built on the shield modulator. That is how it incorporates the tech.

We wouldn't make a pet that was made from the bodies of our allies. Also, given enough time, we will surely be able to develop a device that can counteract Alad V's control collar.

Like I stated before there isn't a good reason why the Lotus wouldn't want to attempt replicating this item. Picking Excal just because his Prime frame was lost to the void doesn't cut it. Why not Frost too? His Prime frame is lost to the void as well.

Edited by Prometheium

If they were to make a new frame it wouldn't be excalibur. it would be a unique frame that incorporates it into it's abilities. quit trying to justify a blatant cop out

What people mad isn't Ex prime being exclusive warframe   but It's buffing Ex prime  that being exclusive warframe

You have to think in perspective of non - founder too , that if you play Excalibur as you main or you like using him the most  and if buff indeed happen  and you see Excalibur prime coming in and play in your room, what do you thing regular Excalibur player will feel . He see another version of him that more powerful than him and he has no way to upgrade like any other Prime to make his Excalibur to be on par at all.

Yes I still stand that every prime should be on the same level mag frost ex prime or whatever , but you have to give some to non-founder excalibur too

like some founder suggest that give Prisma Ex  to non-founder 

but stats design will be like Prisma skana - Prime skana

like Ex prime has  100 heath more

Prisma Ex has  100 energy more or shield or whatever

then people  not going to be mad that much since they have thier upgrade for excalibur too 

( sorry for my english )

What people mad isn't Ex prime being exclusive warframe   but It's buffing Ex prime  that being exclusive warframe

You have to think in perspective of non - founder too , that if you play Excalibur as you main or you like using him the most  and if buff indeed happen  and you see Excalibur prime coming in and play in your room, what do you thing regular Excalibur player will feel . He see another version of him that more powerful than him and he has no way to upgrade like any other Prime to make his Excalibur to be on par at all.

Yes I still stand that every prime should be on the same level mag frost ex prime or whatever , but you have to give some to non-founder excalibur too

like some founder suggest that give Prisma Ex  to non-founder 

but stats design will be like Prisma skana - Prime skana

like Ex prime has  100 heath more

Prisma Ex has  100 energy more or shield or whatever

then people  not going to be mad that much since they have thier upgrade for excalibur too 

( sorry for my english )

That founder was I, and that other troll. He suggested that just because Prisma beats Prime in two stats, means that the Prisma Frame should have equal stats at the Prime frame.

What I pointed out from his argument was that the Prisma version should only excel in one or few stats over the Prime version. With the Prime version having higher stats in everything else.

Edited by Prometheium