Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Fix Hysteria

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

lotus is giving the most accurate advertisement imo, and she's giving an AD to her thus she won't mention any downsides to her abilities as she doesn't with most frames introduction videos, it's just how u do when you try to encourage people

Not mention downsides? Precedent suggests otherwise. In rhino's video Lotus says "He trades speed for strength".

Valkyr's video she mentions that if you don't kill all enemies near you during hysteria, you will take some damage back.

Besides, even if lotus didn't want to mention downsides, she could still have referenced how unkillable Valkyr becomes in the initial flavor text...

since that is the one thing she does better than everyone else it makes sense to be in the forefront of her description.

i said most frames. MOST. and i surely am not gonna waste precious time looking up downsides and tell you everything she doesn't mention unlike you

and i'm done here, it surely is stupid to argue with stubborn people that no matter what you say the opinion is the same.

and excalibur video is already out for his rework, that doesn't mean he won't be changed and along with a new video, he may get changed and video stays unupdated

Edited by SomeCrackHead

i said most frames. MOST. and i surely am not gonna waste precious time looking up downsides and tell you everything she doesn't mention unlike you

It's not that I don't know what you mean, I get it.

For example: Banshee's video doesn't mention that she goes stationary when using sound quake.

Nyx's video doesn't mention that she goes stationary when using Absorb. 

but at the same time things like being stationary during peacemaker IS mentioned in the mesa video.

Chroma loosing armor while effigy is active IS mentioned in the Chroma video.

There is a precedent that any actual downsides are mentioned more often then not. 

Note: If you don't want to "waste precious time" to ensure that what you claim is accurate, don't get mad at those of us who will.

In any case: in Valkyr's specific case, even if downsides aren't to mentioned, Lotus has every reason to at least mention and play up that Valkyr is super-duper resilient if that is Valkyr's true purpose more so than actually killing. 

And more to the point-as I explained in this post https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/472158-how-to-fix-hysteria/page-8#entry5318662

It isn't necessarily true that Valkyr is even meant to loose offensive power for increased resilience.

It's a very inconsistent and potentially accidental outcome of various systems interacting.

and excalibur video is already out for his rework, that doesn't mean he won't be changed and along with a new video, he may get changed and video stays unupdated

Of course. But minor shifts in specific stats or powers aren't the same things as paradigm shifts in a frames primary purpose.

and i'm done here, it surely is stupid to argue with stubborn people that no matter what you say the opinion is the same.

You know what's funny? People never realize that you have to be stubborn to get someone else's stubborn side to show.

It really does take one to know one.

Why would you expect people's opinions to change just because you said something anyway? have you ever considered it might be your fault for not making an understandable point? Didn't think so.

You know what's funny? People never realize that you have to be stubborn to get someone else's stubborn side to show.

It really does take one to know one.

Why would you expect people's opinions to change just because you said something anyway? have you ever considered it might be your fault for not making an understandable point? Didn't think so.

oh for the love of god... leave me alone

Well you do take a percentage of dmg when you come out of Hysteria

Only if you're standing next to an enemy who is still alive when hysteria's timer runs out.

If you just move out of the enemies range right before hysteria ends you wont take any damage.

It is the easiest thing to avoid.

Honestly the issue about Hysteria is applicable damage.

To fix applicable damage, you need range or movement speed to close the gap.

With copter and directional melee going to die, Valkyr needs even more movement speed.

Hysteria should make her as fast as Loki with Rush.

So she can actually do her job.

Right now Hysteria is ridiculously OP, but being invincible for a bit is key to how many people use the skill. For me, I just use it as a Life Strike alternative. I want to regain some HP then immediately go back to shooting things.

I think the best way to nerf the skill while respecting both playstyles is to make it a toggle skill with energy draining faster the more damage you take but still leaving you invulnerable.

Edit: It needs a buff to it's damage as well. Possibly make it inherit the mods of your melee weapon.  Have it heal you to full when it is first activated (50 energy to activate).  Then have it extend it's duration and grant 5% damage reduction (up to 99%) as long as you can keep scoring skills.  

I agree that it needs a way to be ended.

I too use Hysteia to regain HP. You can't ask for too much damage ... remember you are invulnerable.

Just a way to stop it, either toggle with energy drain or just stop it when you need it to stop.

Honestly Hysteria needs to remove invulnerability and get a massive damage boost. Right now you can't really use it past 20 mins on a T4 unless as a panic button or to revive. It's honestly a really crap skill and really doesn't fit with Valkyr's lore.

I agree that it needs a way to be ended.

I too use Hysteia to regain HP. You can't ask for too much damage ... remember you are invulnerable.

Just a way to stop it, either toggle with energy drain or just stop it when you need it to stop.

Toggle would just make a bad skill worse and way more exploit-y. For instance, bombard rocket coming at you 40 mins into a T4 survival. Press 4 and you just spent about 50 energy to take 0 damage with no downsides. And since Valkyr has a terrible energy pool, you could only keep hysteria up for about 10 seconds max...... and it is still a bad skill, so why would you use it?

Honestly Hysteria needs to remove invulnerability and get a massive damage boost. Right now you can't really use it past 20 mins on a T4 unless as a panic button or to revive. It's honestly a really crap skill and really doesn't fit with Valkyr's lore.

Toggle would just make a bad skill worse and way more exploit-y. For instance, bombard rocket coming at you 40 mins into a T4 survival. Press 4 and you just spent about 50 energy to take 0 damage with no downsides. And since Valkyr has a terrible energy pool, you could only keep hysteria up for about 10 seconds max...... and it is still a bad skill, so why would you use it?

It's bad to keep it up because of terible energy pool, but it's ok to spend 50 energy just to avoind a rocket.

Thinkg before you write..... My intentions, expressed in 2 posts until now, are not to toggle (to be able to do that... although I don't know who would do that when the Bombard shoots 2 or 3 rochets per second) but to stop it..... I only need Hysteria to kill very hard targets (via finisher) or heal (also via finisher for faster results).

In a normal world Warcry would be recastable and Hysteria finishable on command ..... So I would play Valkyr like a normal person .... I want to be the master of my skills not the other way around.

Edited by nekrojiji