The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Goal/plan, Power Creep, More Power ?

I have been reading loads of threads, options, statements etc…

I was thinking, it seems that warframe is going to cap at MR30.

So roughly, I am going to need 1.4 million more to reach MR30.

(MR30 is estimated at 2.25 million)

Weapons/ Archwings Weapons get 3,000 when maxed to 30, Warframes, Companions and Archwings get 6,000 when maxed to 30.

Maths should be ok, but maybe not 100%.

So taking the current roaster we should expect:

520 new weapons.

84 new warframes.

11 new Archwings.

29 new Archwings Weapons.

29 new Companions.

Or items of a similar style/concept etc..

So my questions are:

1, Do you think DE has a plan or is this an organic journey ?

2, How is it going to be possible to stop power creep with so much content to come ?

3, Are we at the half way point and things are only going to get harder ? I.e. we are going to get more powerful planets up to 100.

Edited by (PS4)KainBethell

Power creep isnt a problem if you work towards it, if you do it that way its a progression which every game needs, to fix power creep DE just needs to MR lock more gear, and make a proper weapon ladder.  I think endgame levels already exist in raids, I think lvl 80-100 is what should be endgame, in order to check peoples gear, and from looking at the new enemies like the juggernaut, and the raid we have I think we wont be seeing artificial difficulty as often as we do now, I think the game is headed closer and closer to a strategic point.

Edited by elfkinn

All I know is that I enjoy having to know that no one will ever look the same*cept maybe default colors*

Everyone would have a preferred warframe/guns/sentinels etc.

Whenever I visit the relays or play games with random people, I find it amazing and refreshing how nobody*again besides default color users*

looks the same, no standard high level armor that makes everyone look the same and boring. A dream for me.

I say give us more guns, and if you think its enough, give us twice the number.

1, Do you think DE has a plan or is this an organic journey ?

2, How is it going to be possible to stop power creep with so much content to come ?

3, Are we at the half way point and things are only going to get harder ? I.e. we are going to get more powerful planets up to 100.

1. Probably MR30 is a placeholder. They most likely put any big number and thought (yes, that will do). As you said the amount of new content required for MR30 is staggering, absolutely huge, so I don't think we'll actually see it.

2. Yes? No? Some powercreep is required to keep us interested. I hope however that, via Syndicate Mods and buffs, they manage to keep the old content relevant.

3. Up to 100? Raids do that. We will probably see more Raids.

1. They'll have a plan of some form, however I doubt they'll currently have one formulated for all the way up to MR30. Although there is the possibility that they have plans for adding in more alternative modes, like what they did with Archwing, which would reduce the the results for the items you did the calculations for.

2. Power creep will always happen to some extent to a game that releases a lot of content. But due to the way that the modding system works in the game and the ability to forma, any weapon can be made good, and, as we've seen, DE are willing to change Warframes to try and increase the variety in what is used frequently (for example, the upcoming Excalibur rework).

3. As it stands, end-game content is still fairly easy. In raids, killing enemies when you have to isn't an issue provided that you have a somewhat decent weapon but even so they're CC'd most of the time so killing isn't really necessary. Increased enemy levels wouldn't add much more challenge to the game unless they increased drastically. I would personally love to see more enemies with resistances to abilities (e.g more enemy types that aren't affected by Bastille) as I feel that would be the best way to add in difficulty.

Edited by MrCodeq

My thoughts to my own question:

1, I think it is organic, the game feels like it evolves, I like that.

2, I don’t think it can really, but I do believe things can be done to make it as small as possible. The gap between new plays and end game players are there mods. I feel that needs to be changed. Maybe a mod MR requirement for equipping, i.e. Corrupted and prime mods MR 10 plus.

3, I would love to see the Sentients as our next power step, maybe have a minimum MR to play them in x area/planet that they are on, maybe after them the last of the Orokin as the next step. (Last of the Orokin would put us against ourselfs)

Also I think they really need to stop and think how they can make the sentients a challenge and not keep doing what they have done for the grineer and corpus in power growth. I don’t believe units that are immune to our ability is the road to go down, unless its one unit that is rare and doesn’t pop out in every wave/10 seconds and make everyone in x distance immune.

i.e a sentient unit that can phase shift for like 3 seconds (being 50% invisible, hard to track movement wise and invulnerable) very fast/mobile (wall run etc…), but very little armour/health and melee (daggers) only. 10 sec cool down time for the phase shift. Have a pack of 5 to 10 would make a great challenge.

*I really don’t like the MR lock ideas, but can’t think of any other way to limit content for progression*

Edited by (PS4)KainBethell

Power creep isnt a problem if you work towards it, if you do it that way its a progression which every game needs, to fix power creep DE just needs to MR lock more gear, and make a proper weapon ladder.  I think endgame levels already exist in raids, I think lvl 80-100 is what should be endgame, in order to check peoples gear, and from looking at the new enemies like the juggernaut, and the raid we have I think we wont be seeing artificial difficulty as often as we do now, I think the game is headed closer and closer to a strategic point.

wow... Your very intelligent. I agree with this young man.