The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Weapon Suggestion: Halberd

(XBOX)Kyrn of Mirrah

You know how the Burston does 10.0 damage in slash, puncture and impact? I was racking my brain today trying to think of what kind of new diverse melee weapon this game could get in a future update and I immediately thought of a generic halberd. Obviously it would be in the polearm class, but what stood out is that a halberd can stab and slash seeing that it is a mix of an axe and a spear, AND if used effectively; it can bash with the other end! I would see something like this maybe dealing 17.0 slash, puncture and impact adding to a total of 51.0 physical damage. Relatively low considering it's almost effective against anything. I think the crit chance would be around 5.0% due to how often the polearms hit, although I'm not sure what to think about the status chance. What do you guys think? Good idea?

A halberd? I don't see it as a pole-arm if I'm honest. To have a jack of all trades halberd I'd like to see it come with a new stance style utilising the different parts of the weapon. Perhaps a sweeping combo signifying slash, a thrusting combo for puncture and a hilt bashing combo for impact.

Something along those lines at least. 

Halberds don't have a bashing end.  They have an axe blade, a pointy tip, and a pointy spike on the opposite end of the axe blade.

The polearm with the axe on one end and hammer on the other end is called a poleaxe.

Edited by Holeypaladin

Halberds don't have a bashing end.  They have an axe blade, a pointy tip, and a pointy spike on the opposite end of the axe blade.

The polearm with the axe on one end and hammer on the other end is called a poleaxe.

A poleaxe would actually be easy to pull off since it traditionally was used very much akin to a quarterstaff (if wikipedia is to be believed) and therefore could be used handsomely with the already existing stances we have.

A halberd, glaive, naginata, guandao would indeed required a new stance but would be a great idea in general. Once there is a new stance I would strongly advocate to move the Tonbo to that stance as well since the current stances do not fit its weapon layout at all.  

A halberd? I don't see it as a pole-arm if I'm honest. To have a jack of all trades halberd I'd like to see it come with a new stance style utilising the different parts of the weapon. Perhaps a sweeping combo signifying slash, a thrusting combo for puncture and a hilt bashing combo for impact.

Something along those lines at least. 

Good idea, but I think the attacks in the combo should flow a little differently such as the majority being geared towards one damage type and not all of them.

Antenna power FTW

But it would need to be a ji, which is slightly different from a halberd.

I know this is space ninja game, but all of the weapons being of this origin kind of detracts from the variety. Maybe someone would want to make some sort of "medieval" set-up such as a single-shot crossbow and a halberd or straight-sword and shield, (I'm not sure what the secondary could be but you probably get the idea). I don't know lol; I might just play too much Dark Souls...