Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Windows 10 Insider Preview

Snyphurr

Can anyone tell me if it's good?
I know it's an "early access" and it has it's bugs but what about it's compatibility, performance, simplicity?

I heard it's a fusion of everything's good in Windows XP, 7, 8 and more.

Personally I'm going to stay away until at least 6 months after release, so all the UI irritations can be documented and have third party workarounds created. I also half expect that Edge and the store will be incredibly hard to disable/remove, and am willing to bet there will be significant always-on corporate spyware in place.

In short, bargepole until I know for sure I can control my PC.

Personally I'm going to stay away until at least 6 months after release, so all the UI irritations can be documented and have third party workarounds created. I also half expect that Edge and the store will be incredibly hard to disable/remove, and am willing to bet there will be significant always-on corporate spyware in place.

In short, bargepole until I know for sure I can control my PC.

This. I'm slowly preparing for what I'm convinced is the inevitable day when I must jettison Windows entirely.

I would love to know if it is more like windows 7. I greatly dislike windows 8 start menu/thing on a computer.

It definitely will not be like W8. W7 was probably the best yet and can be even better... but then MS did something very stupid and released W8. MS recognized its mistake with that one. They were way too over optimistic with Tablet when PC is still dominating.